Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cross country skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Shocked They're really rather good, aren't they? wink But they still fall over. "Yee haa, vas-y" Laughing

That is as far from my cross country skiing as a F1 race is from my trips to Waitrose in Havant.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w wrote:
Shocked They're really rather good, aren't they? wink But they still fall over. "Yee haa, vas-y" Laughing

That is as far from my cross country skiing as a F1 race is from my trips to Waitrose in Havant.

I thought it tied in nicely with the "straightlining Val d'Isere" thread.

I'm impressed you go to Waitrose in Havant on cross country skis though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It plays hell with the bases..... good job I'm not precious about my waxing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w wrote:

if you stick closer to the waterline you'll find you get a better glisse.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I liked these guys (and girls) with their cross country off piste skiing. The descent from the plateau back to Ornon looked pretty hairy, some impressive skiing in there.

http://youtube.com/v/jZYwU9tnZH0
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Impressive indeed. Loving those jump turns! snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

http://youtube.com/v/zas3wJKLrOY

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 31-07-16 15:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Laughing and filmed in Les Saisies!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
O Shocked O . . . I see a new and exciting way to harm myself . . . do those things have edges or is it just hang on and hope Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

do those things have edges

no
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Masque,
No edges on a normal XC ski. Some of the backcountry models do though.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
Laughing and filmed in Les Saisies!

Looks good. My current boss at work has an appt in les Saisies and rates it highly, spends his weekends up there.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hope you are all training for the winter season, here's some motivation, climbing to the Col de l'Iseran a few days ago...

http://youtube.com/v/NyxBbPwUqnw
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Naaaahhhh much better when the weather is sunny and they are wearing just shorts and vests.

I'm always amazed when I'm cycling up the likes of the Izoard and Galibier and I catch them up, how my speed then eases as I slot in behind them Cool
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There is a video of her (Victoria) in warmer weather but I'm not sure it is suitable for snowheads

snow conditions
pam w wrote:

Here you go:-

http://youtube.com/v/xquP1GjD658

I think you have stones at Hayling - you could try this further along the coast, say Studland at the naturist beach.
snow report
@pam w, Mrs Jbob got herself some new classic skis at the end of the season, they had skin kickers, she only managed one outing but reported them to be fast!
snow conditions
excellent video from Rancho on the TransJu'

http://youtube.com/v/OlwxGpUIeOY

misleading thumbnail though
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy