Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

January Trip 2016 (Group looking for bargains, more people welcome)

Poster: A snowHead
I'm currently discussing with a few people about a trip early/mid January. Intermediates and advanced so far but anyone else interesting to joining our discussions please leave a reply or send an email to sam . mawby at gmail . com and I'll get you into the loop (all welcome). I'm suggesting we book late (1-2 weeks before) but there are also some good deals available at the moment. I would expect prices to be 20-50% less (like for like) than those quoted on all the recent snowheads threads and still with a good selection of resorts. Price range would be in the region £175-£400 HB or Catered Chalet inc. flights and transfers. The lower end for somewhere decent in a less popular but good area, the higher end for somewhere like Zermatt/Verbier.

For those that are not interested in joining our group then there are currently some good deals around the web starting at around £200 for HB inc. flights and transfers for a selection of January weeks and departure from local airports. You can get prices for singles at around £230 for the same deal which doesn't seem half bad. Lots of choices for singles under £400 and many more for shares. Let me know if you'd like any suggestions.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Millom wrote:
. You can get prices for singles at around £230 for the same deal which doesn't seem half bad. Lots of choices for singles under £400 and many more for shares. Let me know if you'd like any suggestions.

got a link for the £230 deal?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
e.g.
http://www.crystalski.co.uk/package/bulgaria/borovets/hotel-ela/man/20160123/52/hb/7n/a1/c0/i0/s10/

or an example near Innsbruck (around £315) - good for a very short transfer (maybe 15 mins direct)

http://www.crystalski.co.uk/package/austria/axamer-lizum/hotel-gotznerhof/bhx/20160116/52/hb/7n/a1/c0/i0/s10/

Select different airports for slightly higher/lower prices.

These are prices for singles so lower prices available for people sharing.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 5-12-15 17:59; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mikeycharlton, Let us know if you'd like to join our discussions off-line.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Millom wrote:
@mikeycharlton, Let us know if you'd like to join our discussions off-line.

I already have something booked for January, I was just curious to see what deal it was. Funnily enough I was close to booking the exact same Bulgaria deal a month ago (£280 then), but went for a 'safer' DIY option to Chatel instead.

I've never been to Bulgaria, but was put off by reports of unreliability lifts (as well a few other things).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I think for a beginner or lower intermediate it is a good option. My brother and family skied first time with children in Bulgaria and enjoyed it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Millom, the Axamer deal is now showing as £255 http://www.crystalski.co.uk/package/austria/axamer-lizum/hotel-gotznerhof/lgw/20160116/52/hb/7n/a1/c0/i0/s10/

have you been there? It looks like the accommodation is actually in another village (Götzens), which has a couple of lifts, but Axamer appears to be 15km away.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have skied there. It would be fine for an early intermediate or someone more advanced if they booked a car or went on a few bus trips. I visited a number of places by bus from Innsbruck but you could do the same from Gotzens (although less choice I would expect). There is a red/black run that goes down towards the village (no lift back) but I didn't ski it because I assume it wasn't open when I was there! The bus journey would be quite short and for other trips you could go to Innsbruck (Nordkette area), Oberperfuss (to the west of the airport), etc. It is also kind of linked to Mutters you could easily ski down from Axamer and then return from the Mutters area to Gotzens by bus at end of the day. This route is semi off piste but short and easy. If you did explore multiple areas you can get a pass for the whole Innsbruck region etc.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 6-12-15 21:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
By the way at £255 I'd say it was a very good price (it may also be cheaper as you chose Gatwick which I ignored). If I hadn't skied the area before I'd be tempted. Remember you also have the benefit of a really short transfer so great if you were taking children.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry ignore some of what I said Smile! Gotzens is the other half of Mutters so connected by lift and runs. Axams the next village along is linked by run but not lift to Axamer area. As I mentioned you can get from Axamer to Mutters/Gotzens area but short/easy off piste section. There would be buses to Axamer and Mutters (plus further afield). If you look at the Satellite image you'll see the pistes running through the tress.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 6-12-15 21:11; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Axamer would be more for intermediates and Mutters more for beginners but some overlap. The run to Gotzens is a quite nice red. Axamer has one or two blacks (some bumps).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi,

I'd be very interested - 53 and although I've been skiing the last two years, I am very much a beginner and expect that I may have to ski solo so as not to ruin other people's enjoyment. I'm just about OK with that, if I have company at other times.

My wish list (in no order), flying from Manchester, shortish transfers (90mins max) Ski in Ski out, some easy skiing, somewhere local to rent equipment from, and for me no sharing - it is not that I am unsociable it is just that I like my own space on holiday and my wife tells me I snore like a horse.

Price isn't too much of an issue (although high end luxury will be out) - I think I deserve a holiday and I'm OK about paying a bit more for the convenience of things like ski in-ski out.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@thirts Hi, I'll keep you in the loop. Could you send me an email and I can then forward it on to the other people. Everything up in the air still at the moment in terms of conditions early January so I won't be booking anything until that changes. If you want to have your own room then booking late will probably be best for you anyway. I added the Crystal deals to this thread. The Gotzens one is still available and would probably suit you well but I wouldn't be going there as I've been before. Some of the other Crystal deals went up in price once they sent a sale email yesterday Smile! However as there is no good reason for anyone to splash out for early season skiing at the moment I'd expect these prices to go back down (even further). One of the options of interest to me would be to La Massana (which I'm hoping would be one of the places with quite a good discount for Jan). This may suit you too as it is 2 mins walk to the lift from the hotels, a smaller sized ski area with cheaper pass etc. Not ski in/out with slopes though if this matters. I'm looking at it because it is well located to explore other areas of Andorra too.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi ,
I would be interested in a last min deal early Jan but would be interested in the more advanced skiing , a single but don`t mind sharing.
BHX or MAN is best for me but am flexable.
ian@awentsbury.com
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Millom, Am I being this as I can't see your email?

Mine is thirts@ntlworld.com
latest report
@thirts, I think we talked briefly by email a few weeks back.

Anyway I've included you both in a short email I've just sent out so you should both now have a few like minded people to talk to about possible trips.
snow report
Hi guys...me and a friend are looking at 9th to 12th Jan? Odd dates I know. Crystalski.co.uk don't seem to do under 7 days. Any suggestions?
snow report
If anything is happening from 9th or 16th Jan can i be included ? Need snow fix. pm please.
snow report
Igoski.co.uk seems to be an easy way to book a quick ski trip
ski holidays
Potential interested, depending on other trips etc.
latest report
@holycc I'd be looking at DIY trip if only for a few days. Find some good flight times allowing extra skiing and either go someone very close to airport or hire car.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 11-12-15 13:16; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Howdy @Dzmarc You can email me (address at top of thread) or leave your email in a post and I'll keep you updated. Weather may play a big part in any decisions as there is currently much uncertainty as to what snow will be like in a lot of Europe come early January.
snow report
Thanks @Millom will keep following just incase we can join you snowHead
snow report
@hollycc I think most people involved are looking for a week. Let me know by email or post here if you decide you'd like to maybe join something. Not sure about others but I doubt I'd make a decision before the Christmas/New Year period.
snow conditions
hollycc wrote:
Hi guys...me and a friend are looking at 9th to 12th Jan? Odd dates I know. Crystalski.co.uk don't seem to do under 7 days. Any suggestions?

@hollycc I went with Andorra Resorts as they do holidays of any length so you aren't stuck with the week holiday only starting at the weekends!
ski holidays
Thanks!
latest report
Are all you guys on skis ?
Thinking about starting a snowboarders on standby thread with a similar goal.
snow report
Hi EllaaS my friend and I are intermediate skiers but have practiced boarding on dry slopes so happy to give it a go if your a mixed ability group Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi guys,

I hope you don't mind me dropping in. I'm looking to team up with people for a trip to Val d' Isere. I'm going to be there from 9th - 22nd Jan. If anyone is there during those times and wants a non-alcoholic Aussie snowboarder to hang out with and share some accommodation let me know.

Andrew
snow report
@howdy, skiers and boarders.
ski holidays
Hey jst set a thread up bout getting a ski buddy but maybe this is better idea putting in here?
Only been the once loved it want to go again but go no mates lol
snow report
Looking like earliest sensible week would be 9/10 Jan due to conditions. Anyone else interested can still get in touch. Hopefully some snow and colder weather in Jan will provide a few options (if limited) but still far too early to commit to anywhere. Just back from Alpe dHuez which I found to have good sports facilities and activities but like most of the alps hopeless snow.
snow report
Hi, apologies but I haven't read all posts, I'm looking to go w/c 16/17th or the week after, have you got anything set up yet?

davej_123@yahoo.co.uk
snow report
Hi Ill add you to the group. People still looking to go that week.
latest report
Millom wrote:
Hi Ill add you to the group. People still looking to go that week.

Thanks Happy
latest report
You're welcome. You should have received an email.
latest report
Another interested in a week 16/17th.

Email on its way.
snow report
Surely this should be sorted by now Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Bit early 'innit..

I won't think about booking anything till Wednesday! Very Happy
ski holidays
Hi,

Anyone still looking? There is at least one other Snowhead very keen to find something for 16/17th Jan and they're travelling from London where there are still plenty of bargains. Please leave a message if you're keen to join that guy particularly if you're also London based (snowsmog?).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy