Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club of Great Britain Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I live in Irish Republic. Have just tried to book my insurance for my January Ski trip with SCGB as I have done for the last 4-6 years but not his time. They have changed their Insurance Provider now will only cover UK residents.
Back to having the great pre ski trip Insurance hunt then javascript:emoticon('Sad') . Anyone have any suggestions javascript:emoticon('Puzzled')
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think they said they were looking to extend the insurance to cover the Irish Republic. They might get this in place before you go so might be worth giving them a call.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the new scgb insurance didnt fit, change of brokers meant T&Cs were just different enough as well as overly complex not to say more costly! Almost a sales deterrent system in place there now, lots of talk about reacting to what "the market" needs but little action

We went to PJ Hayman and have an excellent annual travel policy off them that does everything the scgb one doesnt...and guess who used to be scgb brokers??

http://www.pjhayman.com/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I emailed them, and the reply I got was they still do insure people from Ireland Very Happy but only UK Ireland not Irish Ireland Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowornever wrote:
the new scgb insurance didnt fit, change of brokers meant T&Cs were just different enough as well as overly complex not to say more costly! Almost a sales deterrent system in place there now, lots of talk about reacting to what "the market" needs but little action

We went to PJ Hayman and have an excellent annual travel policy off them that does everything the scgb one doesnt...and guess who used to be scgb brokers??

Yeah, well, I got multi trip cover for £61 with the Ski Club which included a Fogg card.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gerry wrote:
snowornever wrote:

Yeah, well, I got multi trip cover for £61 with the Ski Club which included a Fogg card.

well , very well done you!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It should be pointed out that Gerry is not merely a member of the SCGB http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/user/profile.aspx/gerry-aitken-1#.VmV4YriLSUk
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
D G Orf wrote:
It should be pointed out that Gerry is not merely a member of the SCGB http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/user/profile.aspx/gerry-aitken-1#.VmV4YriLSUk

Does SH charge the SCGB for advertising their products on the site?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@snowornever .... out of interest what did you get that the scgb didnt cover ? I find this insurance lark a minefield ..
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
limegreen1 wrote:
@snowornever .... out of interest what did you get that the scgb didnt cover ? I find this insurance lark a minefield ..

The old policy was good, it did the job and without the sort of obsfucation that seems endemic in their marketing now; I was happy with it.

Insurance is one of those things where you have to do your own research on what policy fits your needs...have a look at the PJ Hayman version and see if it fits you!"

This year the SCGB policy went from reasonably straightforward to understand the small print to ( with new underwriters), to so complex that there was too much uncertainty about what level of cover for what activity was appropriate, and had key sections that could be interpreted in several ways. Travel insurance is not something that anyone in their right mind would just trust to luck provided the cover needed...I just ran out of patience with it. ( At one time I used to analyse legal documents relating my professional field of work looking for loop holes and was quite good at it!)

It looked like they were trying to complicate the price structure to somehow force more members to lock into it with their annual subs by including some insurance cover in their "new" membership structure . but in doing so were abandoning those members who did not fit the "one size fits all"
for example, no single trip longer than 31 days BUT 24 days max length of ski trip (one comment I read suggested taking out a 365 day long single trip policy: not confidence boosting when its the club saying stuff like that!!!)

...So I gave up, filed it in the "too difficult to bother with drawer" and a quick trawl of the web found PJ Hayman who supply my annual travel cover now.

The Club have clearly got it wrong, hard to believe no one there with any managerial competence did not spot the problems, maybe they just trusted to luck that their new suppliers/underwriters product would be fit for purpose. I sort of hope that the feedback they have been getting thru the club website (if anyone spots it amongst all the tumbleweed blowing through!) will help them react quickly to what has come across as a chaotic launch of a poorly developed product.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy