Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva airport parking with a roof box.

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know of Geneva airport parking where we can leave a Renault Espace with a roof box from the 17th December to the 26th.
There are certain bookable ones that are underground that have height restrictions, just worried that it would not get in!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Chattonmill, any chance you could stuff it inside the car for the duration?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've used a valet parking there before which parks offsite - I think it was called park friend or something - I'll have a look.
But they will probably do it- price was the same as GVA airport and service was good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm not sure! It's very big. Halfords had an offer on when I got it, mainly because it won't fit on most cars!
Plus I will not be there, Mrs Chattonmill may struggle getting it off.
I'm really after someone living in Les Gets/Morzine who would bring our car down and pick us all up once in a while. We had someone, but he can't do Saturday's now Confused
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
I've used a valet parking there before which parks offsite - I think it was called park friend or something - I'll have a look.
But they will probably do it- price was the same as GVA airport and service was good.

That sounds perfect! Could you dig the details out?
Or if you have any semi employed Morzine friends who could bring the car to meet us occasionally....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Chattonmill, it's these guys http://www.parking-friend.com

I dont think I know anyone who is free on Saturdays but I shall have a good think and report back snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You are a star! Thank you, see you After Xmas!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try P26
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Parking Booked problem solved, thanks snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Parked my XC90 with roof box at P26 - good access - it's full of SUV's & vans
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good to know, do you have to book, any idea on pricing?
Thanks Guys!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We were unable to pre book Geneva airport parking when we went on holiday in October. Mme Sideslip made further enquiries and a friendly member of airport staff informed her that we would be able to find spaces when we arrived at the airport. I think you know where this is going. We turned up and as promised we were able to find plenty of free spaces. After 3 weeks away we put the ticket in the machine and paid up the 600 pounds! Just saying.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@sideslip1, Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@sideslip1, Did you park in the short term parking? Even the most expensive long term (P1) is nothing like that.

You can check the rates & availability on the GVA website, but for longer than a few days we tend to use parking friend.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@sideslip1, Shocked Where did you park? I've left a car in one of the underground carparks right by the terminal, for a week, and paid nothing like £200.
snow conditions
+1 for P26 - we have a minibus and it fits in on the entry floor level just fine!
latest report
@Steve Angus, you can get a (low roof) minibus in any of the carparks! (Regularly have my Trafic in P1). P26 is great for the Landy though.
ski holidays
For info & tariffs see https://www.gva.ch/en/Portaldata/1/Resources/fichiers/parkings/acces-parkings-transp_gva.pdf
or
https://www.gva.ch/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-65/
latest report
Thanks all snowHead
latest report
pam w wrote:
@sideslip1, Shocked Where did you park? I've left a car in one of the underground carparks right by the terminal, for a week, and paid nothing like £200.

We left it in P12, about as far from the main terminal as you could hope to get. P1,P51,P26 were all full.
ski holidays
Walk to P26? No thank you. Just ring the man at Parking Friend and he comes and hands over the keys on the (now finally open) open air drop off. No bun fights for the lifts
snow report
sideslip1 wrote:

We left it in P12, about as far from the main terminal as you could hope to get. P1,P51,P26 were all full.

Sadly that is intended as a short term parking for Palexpo events, hence the ridiculous charges.

If P51 says it is full, it is often worth giving it a go as often people aren't parked in the right bays and so places can be available. I appreciate when you're in a rush though that isn't always possible. There are always people leaving P1 too, so again if you have time it's worth giving it a go, although one Friday afternoon I was very lucky to get a place as it was rammed and there were queues inside and lots of desperate drivers looking for a spot.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy