Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Congratulations Ray Zorro, IASI L1 !!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Huge congratulations to Ray Zorro for passing his IASI L1 on what sounded like a tough course.

Well done! And welcome to the mad gang!

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Aw, thanks...

I've still got the shadowing and first aid to do before I officially get the badge! And I recognise that my skiing is still a work in progress - but to have reached an acceptable level in the technical and demonstration part of the actual skiing is very pleasing!! Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks to snowHead PSG for delivering the course - I learned loads!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just realised that this might have been my first post in this part of the forum Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Just realised that this might have been my first post in this part of the forum

Laughing Well, welcome! And congratulations. WHow does IASI differ from BASI?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IASI is the Irish Association of Snowsports Instructors, the qualification is the same standard as BASI L1 and recognised in the same way (so I believe).

I think that they are broadly similar as bodies, though I've been told that IASI are smaller and much more friendly. The main difference is probably in the amount of Guiness!!

Hemel have very strong links to IASI and unless candidates particularly want to go with BASI, they will encourage candidates to at least consider the IASI route. The course timing (12x wednesday evenings) particularly suited me and there has been a lot of negativity about BASI recently, so I'm very happy to go Irish!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ray Zorro, congratulations. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Ray Zorro, wow, well done! Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Ray Zorro, Well done! As the qualification is through IASI does that mean that you have to wear emerald green skiwear in future? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
welcome to the world of picking up kids Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Congratulations! snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
,E@Ray Zorro, well done
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Ray Zorro, I've seen you ski....and this is an unbelievable achievement wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Frosty the Snowman, Laughing
latest report
Well done Ray! snowHead
Looks a good set-up.
http://www.iasisnowsports.com/
snow report
I hope you have, at minimum, Irish Grandparents Very Happy

Congrats, there are not many courses to achieve this in Ireland (for snowboard perspective anyway)
snow conditions
Congratulations RAy
ski holidays
@Frosty the Snowman, I thought you'd be impressed!! Laughing
If I can do it - anyone can snowHead

Thanks all. Very Happy

I confess to not having many (or any) links with Ireland, but I do like their coffee Confused I hope that will be enough!
ski holidays
Well done!
ski holidays
Well done.
ski holidays
@Ray Zorro, Well done lad. I'm in the middle of the 6 weeks training at the minute on the slope in Kilternan, Dublin and will be doing the assessment in January hopefully. Great crowd this side of the pond too. Come over sometime for a slide a " coffee " and maybe even a few pints of the finest creamy black stuff Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
Thanks guys Very Happy

@briand6868, nice one - good luck with that! snowHead
snow conditions
briand6868 wrote:
@Ray Zorro, I'm in the middle of the 6 weeks training at the minute on the slope in Kilternan, Dublin

Nice to see a mention for Kilternan! I learnt to ski on that slope as a zipper snowHead

Oh, and congrats@Ray Zorro!!!
ski holidays
Congratulations @Ray Zorro,
snow report
Congrats @Ray Zorro, and interesting to hear how the IASI are gaining ground with British members, so well done to them too!
snow report
@Ray Zorro, Well done Ray x
ski holidays
Good job Zorro
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very Happy Cheers all. snowHead snowHead

Off to Tignes today - it will be interesting to see what difference the indoor course has made to my outdoor skiing Very Happy Very Happy Have a great time in the 3V Linds,
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy