Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Daily Mail Ski Show - rumours fly

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
boredsurfin, you're right, nostalgia - not what it used to be.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David@traxvax, Must add 'the old codger's corner' for the summer event wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I last went to the show in 1993 and was totally unimpressed by what was nothing more than a huge ski shop. To have to pay for the privilege to spend money in overcrowded stands not only seemed a touch absurd but also insulting!

However, I do remember the days of the old 'freestylers' like Beer and Nemesvary when they used to do their spectacular in the middle of Earls Court and it was certainly a lot better. I even remember being mesmerised by the ski ballet of, if I can get this right, Julia Snell.

I suppose back in the early 80's it was still a touch novel and exciting to have all of this skiing related stuff right here in the UK. Now, because of the internet and generally more sophisticated habits of purchasing and consumption, our expectations have risen appreciably. It's no longer that exciting to have a few blokes/women jump off a ramp and pull off an iron cross/back-scratcher and so forth-it's just so passe! It's difficult to see how the DMG can push this further; in fact I can't see why anyone would really want to spend a lot of cash on train fares, entry tickets and BSE burgers to be sold a pair of ski boots in a rush and be fleeced for a holiday by 'experts' to les trois vallees!

Humbug.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I enjoyed some of the London ski shows 10 or more years ago. They had nice shows on the "stage" with many skilled artistes performing to good music, all choreographed into a pleasing spectacle. Then there were fashion shows and skiing demos and more. A large part of the show was equipment shops, travel companies and resort info stands, but I would expect them. Such stands are common for any big show.

The 2005 show in London was a disapointment. The only stage shows I noticed were badly choreographed and the sound quality was awful; people were shouting into microphones but the sounds coming from the speakers were unintelligible. The skateboard demo area had some very skilled people doing tricks, but there appeared to be no purpose to their activity, expect practice and showing off to their mates. Nothing at this show made me want to visit the next show.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, Ah, nostalgia, not what it used to be.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You're so right, David. Wasn't it great, going to the Daily Mail Ski Show back in 1892 and harking back to the days when all you could get in C&A were yakskin salopettes? Animals were so much more a part of skiing then - a gently roasting marmotte over an open fire in the chalet for tea, nipping into the cowshed for some fresh milk with the muesli.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith, I think there's an echo in the old cow shed.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Back to the Daily Mail Ski Show and another rumour. I had a call today from someone who keeps his head pretty close to the moguls (that's moguls as in 'emperors')

The rumour - nothing more than that - is that a contract has been signed with the prominent London Docklands exhibition centre ExCel for a ski show to be held in the first weekend of October. As things stand this could pre-empt the Daily Mail Show.

This may be complete rubbish, and has not been verified by me.

There does seem to be something in what CEM posted on 10 Jan above, and some speculation as to whether the Daily Mail still 'calls the shots' as far as ski shows are concerned.

Watch this glacier.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It'll melt.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
.... hopefully with one or two dead bodies and other secrets tumbling into the terminal moraine.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
2 London shows! Great, that's 2 I don't need to turn up to, be ripped off and watch some hapless has-been twatting around on a trampoline. If it's true, it'll finish them both off I reckon as I don't believe there are enough interested-enough people out there to pay the entry fee etc.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
On the other hand the competition could force the respective organisers to do crazy and outlandish things to pull in the punters.

I can't think what those things might be right now, but I'll get back to you.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy