Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Friesrichshafen Transfers to St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
About 10 years ago I made this trip and you could book a coach from the Airport to St Anton.

I've just booked some cheap flights and can't find this as an option anywhere.

What are the best options for a cost effective transfer? What do other regular travellers do?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not done this route but it looks like you can get a direct train. Austrian/German trains are great, I used trains to go from Serfaus to Zell am Ziller last Christmas - enjoyable journey and very good value.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The train is ok but from memory 2 changes needed. Used to be Arlberg express that done it but I think they only do Zurich???
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We (four people) rent a car. Friedrichshafen is superbly cheap if you book in advance. About half the price of Munich/Innsbruck.

We have a Skoda Octavia Estate for £154. Last year we had a Mondeo estate for £170.

Admittedly we go to Ishgl, and have some very early morning return flights, so train transfer was a bit more tricky. But consider a car if there are more than one of you!

If just you though, and there's a train, take that. Train is the best way to travel if you have direct and convenient stops, IMHO. Relaxing, scenic and a big night before the return trip is more possible than when you have to drive...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's a really clever 'app' on the Bodensee-Friedrichshafen airport site that plans out various options for onward transfer using either hire car, bus or train.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds like Friedrichshafen is losing attraction. E.g. Dutch Transavia is quitting it per this season.
Roadconnection Friedrichshafen-Arlberg on a saturday is very much prone to congestion
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep, take the train. The station is right in, or next to, the airport, apparently.
Handy map here to work out routes to resorts by train.
www.rogerlascellesmaps.co.uk/SkiRail_Map_Main.aspx
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Brilliant, I'll check out the various options. Thanks.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Friedrichshafen to St.Anton: 3 trainchanges, some with only 3 minutes in between.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy