Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski place to stay around Grenoble?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are in the area 27 Feb to 5 March and are looking for warm cosy accommodation for 8 people. We were going to stay in the campsite at Vellosc as we had planned to take a motorhome over and had booked a cabin for the family.
Now we are all flying we have the option to stay somewhere more comfortable. Any ideas or recommendations? Was gonna be les deux Alpes but doesn't have to be.
Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That'll still be the french holidays so pretty busy still. Les Deux Alpes and Alpe D'Huez are the obvious nearest large resorts with Serre Chevalier a little bit further on. Closer but smaller and more french are Les Sept Laux and Chamrousse. Plenty of even smaller resorts around too. Will you have transport? If so it might be cheaper to stay somewhere like Bourg D'Oisans and drive daily.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the cabins at venosc in the themselves are quite nice, never stayed in one but I've stayed at the campsite in the summer.

venosc is a nice place if you want somewhere quieter to stay, the dolilou restaurant is well worth a visit as well...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks
Yeh I was worried they might be cold?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
and the lift runs to 8pm I think allowing you to have a couple of apres drinks before going back down Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No won't have transport. Close to slopes is number one priority and apres ski least.
Appreciate your help.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Which is the nicest skiing in your opinion in the area? We are a mixed bunch ability wise.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well as I'm in L2A I'm going to say there aren't I Happy Alpe D'Huez is great too. They are quite different though. More of a sense of "travel" at ADH with different villages. L2A is more snow sure, ADH has a lot of south facing slopes, both should be fine then. Both have their share of varied slopes and off piste. ADH is probably a bit better for beginners with a lot of easy wide slopes around resort level. far more native English speaking instructors in L2A if that's important.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alpe dhuez covers a huge area miles of different runs only the les bergers and les jeuz are green areas
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@poppyb, that's one of the Paris school holiday weeks, so it might be a case of finding what you can, especially with a sizeable group.

Les Deux Alpes has lots of accommodation near lifts. It's quite a strung out resort, so if you find something, maybe worth checking with @Claude B about the actual location.

People make a fuss about the difficulty of skiing back down to the resort but it's easy enough to download in a lift. And there's a new blue run down, too, though reportedly not the easiest and probably one to avoid at the end of the day in such a busy week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy