Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski length but not the usual subject

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have just bought some K2 tainted luv 146cms, the invoice and skis both say 146 but they are only 140cms, any clues why please
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Measured along the sole perhaps, and including the camber/rocker?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skis are often measured by material length before they're pressed rather than straight tip to tail, so if you were to flatten out the camber, rocker and (twin?)tip they would (probably) measure 146cm.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
K2 must have changed how they state the length now as Jeanette's old 142cms one luv's are actually 142 and longer than her new 146s
Her new tainted luv's seem to rate very highly so I am sure she won't miss the odd couple of cms Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just measured my new 162 movements and they are 162
By the way they are both Xmas presents
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When I got my K2 amp bolts earlier this year the first set I ordered were not dispatched as the guy in the shop noticed that the 172 and 179 skis were the same length. There was a manufacturing error with the 179s. The problem may not be confined to that model.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Different ski makers and (and some manufactures different models) are measured different ways.

My own skis its the length of the flat base material, so if you hand a tape measure on the pip and run it along the base following the tip and camber curve it gives you the quoted length.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well it does seem like K2 have a problem with their manufacturing, the shop (in Germany) have measured their stock and have confirmed that they are 140cms not 146cms.
We have booked a session at Chillfactor on Sunday to try our new skis out and I have suggested to the shop that if they work for my wife we will keep them but perhaps with some compensation from K2 but I guess if they don't work we will have to send them back and look for something else (although perhaps the 153 cms have the same problem which would make them the correct length Very Happy )
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy