Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arc. Going with Skibeat, chalet Bouquetin

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Well until today i was a snowheads virgin..... Toofy Grin

greeting to all you snowheads... Very Happy

I am returning to les Arc, peisey, in march, i will be going with Ski beat to Chalet Bouquetin.

Any thing i should be warry off about ski beat as its the first time i use them, or the chalet? So far ski beat have been pretty good.

thanks

Mango J
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mangojuicer, welcome to snowHead . I have taken 2 holidays with Skibeat and have had fabulous trips with them. Lovely chalets, great staff and a great time had by all. Haven't stayed in that chalet though but stayed in la Plagne and Val.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So you've lost your snowhead virginity....................

Hope you're not regretting it.
You weren't drunk at the time...................
or did you just feel the time was right and the relationship was stable?

Oi, you haven't just rolled over and gone to sleep?????????
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Laughing Laughing

not regretting it yet.....but its a new relationship..its all fun and games now..who know in the future..... wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My first ever post... snowHead

Had my best ever chalet holiday with SkiBeat, in La Plagne two years ago.

Possibly not the best appointed chalets, but very relaxed and much better than average food. We travelled with a nine month old, and their willingness to go out of their way was superb. Enjoy - i'm very jealous. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Welcome mangojuicer and rainman got to agree with the others, we travelled with Ski Beat to La Tania a few years ago...they were very good. The chalet was much better kitted out than others we've stayed in, the food was great and the staff very friendly and helpful.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Crikey, two snowhead have lost their virginity in one day............

Hmmmm
Must be something in the air.

Legs possibly????
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
and snow, hopefully. wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm a big fan of skibeat, been using them for 10 years plus now. we stayed in Marmotton the chalet above. Very good chalet built upside down in that you walk in the fron door at the top and then down to the rest of the building as it really is built on the cliff off the side of the road. Some years since we went the main thing I remember is that it is quite a walk to the best bar and that there was a good restaurant for wednesday night past the bar where you have to walk across the bottom of the piste to get to. Sorry I can't remember names or anything like that. Les arcs was a very good place to slide and I'd happily go back
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks.

last year in Les Arc we went with a small independent, Go Alpine. they were very good al round, and would have gone with them again, but the chalet was a bit far to/from the 'yougurt pots' after a long day sliding. its a shame really.

But, by the sound of it, ski beat seems to be pretty good. its always difficult when you go with a group of friends, whom most have never been on a chalet ski trip. When you are the organiser, you tell them how great a chalet ski hols is and you don't want them to be dissapointed!!!

mango J
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mangojuicer, My girlfriend and i working for Ski Beat in La Plagne last year. Great company to work for that's for sure. And apart from the inevitable 2 or 3 weeks of nightmare guests, all the rest went away more than happy (judging by the tips Laughing )
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I wish my experience of Ski Beat was as good as all of those above. I didn't sue but with retrospect I wish I had!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If leaving a child with a tour operator's 'creche' or 'free babycare service' please, please make sure that the Nannies are actually qualified in childcare and that the Nannies are supervised.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin, Sad You speak from experience obviously. Oh dear.....
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mangojuicer, wlecome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead and check out fellow snowHead, Flying Squirrel's pub in Peisey. The Ski Beat crew all know where it is.
snow report
Hey..thanks its always good to be informed of pubs!
I will definatly be heading over for a few cold ones! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Hey..thanks its always good to be informed of pubs!
I will definatly be heading over for a few cold ones! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Went to La Plagne on my one and only ever Chalet holiday and have to say it put me off the Chalet concept. The Chalet hosts were great, but:

1. Skibeat allocate a very small budget for food, consequently the meat served up is tough and chewy
2. Same with the wine or should I say vinegar. We ended buying our own.
3. Chalet very basic and awkard to get to in ski boots (steep icy steps).

We paid for the mid-range chalet...
snow conditions
nuttyprofessor, Yep, sounds just like Ski Beat to me Sad
snow report
We too stayed in Marmotton with Ski Beat 3 years ago. Bouqeutin is the second one down the hill, you go past Marmotton to get to it, and it has a lotta steps to get to it, good for getting those quads stretched out . They were building the Vanoise Express at the time (plus our place in 1950 - different story, different thread).

We had no problems at all.

The creche was our prime consideration ( it is based in Marmotton bottom level ), as wee 'un was 16 months as we wanted to be certain that she would be OK - she was. We were. Great hosts, good nannies, good bunch of people in the chalet, wouldn't want to dis Ski Beat at all. Wine is an individual thing, and despite being reasonably well acquainted with the stuff, (we do occasional wine tours in the summer) were not overly put off by the offering - we knew what to expect, and it served its purpose. Wet, alcoholic, free.

Obviously different people, different times, different experiences. Such is life.

But do check out the Squirrel - I concur with the above: Will's burgers are simply the best in the resort.
ski holidays
Went to La Tania with SkiBeat 3 seasons ago, a good experience, a great chef and ski host, rooms were good maybe a little small but overall good value for money........
latest report
nuttyprofessor, Don't let your poor experience of Chalet holidays with Ski Beat put you off. There are many much better chalet operators out there Very Happy

JimW, It's good to know that their Creche service is now reliable.
latest report
boredsurfin, that was 3 years ago mind, and obviously those girls are different to the ones for this year!

It is difficult to judge how things will be from one year to the next I guess, but I would rate Ski Beat above say Crystal (OK you can accuse me of damning with faint praise, I know!)
latest report
JimW,
Quote:

I would rate Ski Beat above say Crystal (OK you can accuse me of damning with faint praise, I know!)

Very Happy
latest report
Hi,

Thanks for all the reviews.
We are not expecting a five star chalet, but as long as food is OK, and there is enough of it, that the wine is drinkable and that there is enough of it, we should be fine. Basically as long as i get value for the money spent, i'll be happy! (otherwise i'll let my girlfriend loose on them...won't know what hi 'em Laughing )

I am more worried about the number of steps....can anyone give a rough approximation?

cheers

(We've only got 24 sleeps to go.. Very Happy )
snow report
I just come back from les arcs this week and stopped here http://www.skibeat.co.uk/chalets/ChaletEdelweiss.asp

It was a late minute deal and I did not know which company it was with until I got off the plane.

It was a very good chalet with excellent staff.The food & wine was very good and plenty of it, never went hungry.

A big thanks to Ian & Annette.
snow report
Went to La Rosiere with Skibeat last year with our 4 month year old. Creche was great, chalet comfortable, hosts friendly and helpful, wine plentiful (and quite drinkable), food fairly good. Am going to book with them this year too as taking the little one again and am confident that I will get a good holiday. No, not five star chalets, but very good value for money fcompared to the prices I've checked out with other 'family' skiing companies. Have fun, I can't wait!
latest report
We've just got back from a week (well, 5 days after a shambolic journey there....but there's a whole other thread on that one) at Chalet Bouquetin so this feedback comes hot off the press!!!

Actually, you're in luck. Dave, the chalet boy, is a fantastic chef (has his own knives too Shock )- the food was brilliant and plentiful, definitely not tough & chewy, and the wine very drinkable.

Yes, there are quite a few steps to get down to it but you can carry your boots up with you in the morning & change into them in the top chalet and leave your walking shoes there during the day (front door is kept locked) plus skis live at the top too. From there you're just a short walk to the slopes & the Vanoise Express.

Accommodation is very comfortable with plenty of seating. One of our group found the beds too firm but after a day on the slopes you'll be too knackered to notice Very Happy

My only advice would be to ask Ski Beat to provide you with the contact details for the resort office so that if something goes wrong you can talk to someone - they provide you with the Chalet no. but that's no good when the Chalet Hosts are out & about. Lastly, don't expect too much from the resort managers - they're really not up to the job.

Despite a dreadful journey we had an absolute blast - no shortage of snow & fantastic skiing.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wow, quite the bump. Original post was from 2006. I reckon he's already been on his holiday by now!
ski holidays
Whoops - new to this....have been googling & this came up - just noticed the date but not the year. Doh Embarassed
latest report
Snow Joke, don't worry, this happens all the time. Newbies get slated if they search/inadvertently bump an ancient thread; and if they don't search/miss umpteen discussions of the topic in question. You can't win! wink
snow report
Hey Mango J!

My name's Jamie, i work at the flying squirrel in peisey, few mins walk from the chalet you'll be stayin in...
Just to set your mind at ease; the chalet hosts/chefs are great this season, and all the ski beat guests who come into the bar having nothing but great things to say about the food, and the fun chalet hosts... so your in good hands! Smile
also, i'll find out which ones will be running your chalet, and i'll give you the low down on them... Wink lol, but i know it'll all be good things...
so what date are you arriving and what are your plans? coming with kids etc..? the childcare are lovely people too, so your kids will have a great hol too! errr, that is if you have kids? there was mention of you being a virgin or something??? lol

cool, so feel free to pop in the bar for beers n laughs, and if you want any mountain info, just ask...

ps. the snow is falling hard as we speak! so hurry up and get here! Smile

peace
jamie
latest report
free to ride wrote:
..so what date are you arriving

March 2006 Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy