Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2 nights stay in Chamonix....where??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As per title, we are 3 chaps who are traveling to Cham Sunday night 7th FEB for 2 days skiing, leaving Cham Tue night 8th. So we basically need digs sunday night & Monday night, check out from the accommodation Tuesday morning for a days sliding before heading back to Geneva.

We are struggling to find accommodation that will accept just 2 nights. Can anyone suggest any where in or near to Chamonix centre that will accept just a 2 nights stay. Does not need to be posh, just clean & basic apartment or even a hostel.

Cheers in advance

DJ
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.chamonet.com/hotels/hostels/

I would recommend the Vagabond, it's also a pub.
The Chalet Ski Station is right next to the Brevent lift but it's a bit rougher and a steep walk up from the town.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
but it's French school hols, so if you find something, grab it quick.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Will the hols make getting accommodation Difficult?
We are happy with basic dorm type accommodation. Just 3 guys travelling for 2 days skiing, so don't want to be to far out of the valley as we won't have access to a car as we are getting the snow bus from Geneva to Cham
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have you tried Trivago?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Langley hotel gustavia, right in th front of the train station, next to a very cool bar Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@depthjunkie, stayed here for 4 nights last feb , great value right in town centre , all u need and big rooms , the one i stayed in could have slept 3 and still have room for all gear etc

http://www.chamonix.com/hotel-la-croix-blanche,113-142025,en.html
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No rooms available at gustavia or la croix
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just booked hotel Les Mélèzes in les houches.

I know it's outside cham but I guess the ski bus is regular up & down the valley. I Managed to get 1 room with 3 single beds for the 2 nights, so happy days.

Thanks to all that replied, much appreciated.

Dj
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Les Houches is ok. The skiing is limited but fun and the place to go if the visibility is poor. There's a decent bar near the hotel, it's next to the Belle Vue lift. The buses are ok if you sus them out, last winter there was a through bus to Argentiere and Le Tour which was a big improvement over needing to change in Chamonix. There is even a couple of night buses from Chamonix but don't miss them it's a long walk.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.chamoniard.com/infos_GB.php

Location is excellent, bus stop 1 min walk, town centre 10-15min walk, nearest bar (micro brewery, always showing ice hockey, excellent food) 5 min. It's cheap for a reason, can get loud at night but as long as you've had a few beers you should get a decent nights sleep.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A bit late, manicpb, since OP booked some hours ago ...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Langley Hotel Gustavia or Point Isabelle. The first being the better of the two. Booking.com will pull up all available hotels.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy