Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aldi ski stuff on sale from Thursday

Poster: A snowHead
@speachmaus, try another branch, always seems totally random round here what sizes and colours of any particular item any particular branch will have in.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@davkt, thanks but there's not another near me and I go away to Zermatt on Sunday. I've plenty other stuff and actually ordered 2 different ones off amazon for £10 each so actually cheaper even with postage.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The locusts had been through my nearest one in Swindon as well. After much digging found a matching set of the compression base layer in the right size. Got one last year and it was really good.

Was intrigued and looked at the Pro jacket although had no intention of buying because just bought a bright orange HH in SD sale, but I agree that although it was obviously good for the price, last years looked better.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Might get to the Kilburn High Road one but not until Saturday. Anyone been there already? Anything good in stock there?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I got a boot full of stuff for the kids for £100 ish. I went to 2 different branches as the first didn't have all of what I wanted. The 2nd branch had a totally different mix of product.

The helmets are incredible value and feel every bit as good quality as the one i just got for considerably more ££ Puzzled

I've kitted my 6 year old out for this year and next. A good number of the 25 of us going to La Plagne early Jan have taken advantage. I can't fault it
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If looking at ladies compression wear go a size up! My 12 year old was too large for S..... She has cycling version in S that is fine and still fits!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, I sniffed and rubbed the part leather gloves and did rather like them. The cuff is a tad short but my ski jacket has ine of those inner things with a thumb hole and long sleeves , so i bought a pair. Will report back when I've used them in anger, Wearing them now just makes my hands very hot and it is also hard to type.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I got the kids helmet as it was still there when I took back wrong size tops. Also got some goggles as the price was right but again I have no knowledge as always skied in sunnies. There were different lenses yellow, blue and grey, some mirrored. I went for the grey mirrored, no idea why! 😎
@speachmaus, it took me a while to work out there weren't any black long sleeve tops, I got one of the bright ones anyway, figured it'd be hidden under sommet else. wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@AthersT, thanks for the link. I've ended up ordering the Garmin Virb from Sport Pursuit. It is on at £75. Figured I'd have a bit more comeback with a brand name bought from SP.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I don't need any goggles, as I have a lovely pair of Bolle Modulatots, but was very tempted by the yellow mirror ones that look very good. What put me off was that they are S3s. I would have bought them for really dull days had they been S2s. Bev is tempted by the kids' ones. She has a tiny head and only kids' goggles fit her. She is thinking of replacing her £10 Uvex Snocats which are only 18 years old. What extravagance!

snowHead snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ta. Goggles, helmet, jacket, roll kneck top, marino base layer.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just been down to my local Aldi to return the camcorder and one pair of salopettes (got 2 in different sizes) and most of the good stuff is gone. Only 2 merino base layer tops left and odd sizes of kids gear.

Clearly Aldi have been hugely successful in recent years but I don't get the business model when it comes to stuff like this. If it is flying out the doors why don't they get more and sell more?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Guess scarcity is what makes it fly out the door. With their business model of different specials twice a week they don't want to be a ski shop with this stuff cluttering up the shelf come Sunday.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Clearly Aldi have been hugely successful in recent years but I don't get the business model when it comes to stuff like this. If it is flying out the doors why don't they get more and sell more?[/quote]

I guess they target impulse buying.

Ive been in and some of the kit is good, and cheap. However if your given 2-4 weeks, you will have time to shop around.

Ive found better gear, cheaper on the likes of sport pursuit, trespass etc etc.

If you create panic buying, people will panic buy Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
. . .not sure you can find socks / merino undies at the quality & price . . .if so let us know!
snow report
Nope, my Aldi merino is a perfect compliment to my heavier Icebreaker kit and performs evey bit as well for about 1/4 of the price.
snow conditions
Hubby came home at lunchtime with a new ski helmet.
snow report
Got there early - Still a bit of a jumble sale fight, but got a great new ski jacket and new salopettes. Great value in my book, it will survive a few years with me, not being able to ski more than 3 weeks max a year... The gloves were great for £9.99....
ski holidays
Yep, got the small adult £9.99 mitts for Toastertalbot and the seem as good as any £30-£50 mainstream ski mitts
ski holidays
A quick review of the leather face gloves and silk socks. I'm currently in Zermatt and conditions are great and not too cold about -5 at coldest so far. The gloves are great, the wrist strap is not adjustable so ive put a stitch in as its elasticated it stretches over hand easily as I feared it may fall off otherwise. The cuff is shorter than my others but with built in wrist cover in jacket it's ok. And warm enough so far.
The socks are good fit and not too thick and are warm enough for me but I don't really suffer from cold feet.
ski holidays
Just back from Trysil where we had temperatures between about -8 and +12, Aldi base layers all round did the job, for me with a thin decathlon fleece and hard shell on the colder days and minus the fleece warmer days. No complaints about cold hands from Toastertalby in the £9.99 mitts and they have survived a week of her doing a course than involved a mix of park (her first go at that), off piste, tree skiing, ski cross and moguls, so as you can imagine a fair few spills and scrapes looking like new.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy