Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots perfect fit but high instep put on prob?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Nice new boots to me, very comfortable fit when on, but really straining the tongue and pull strap to get foot in.

Tongue is separating the shell edges and then the edge of the shell is painful on sliding foot in.

Current thoughts, some heat treatment on plastic shell to soften or re-position at curve of tongue.

Can make up a wood last to create shape but how much heat ? (Four clip boot)

Cutting away edge of shell not really acceptable and difficult to do properly, to good to make a mess off.

Thoughts to resolve appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go See Alain Baxter in Stirling. I just got mine form there today. Two wee tweaks and a perfect fit.

I have just moved into a 4 clip boot form a 3 section Dalbello and I find the shell digs the foot when I'm taking them off. However, it is only a minor convenience. It is how they fit when they are on and the laces are done up. Happy Yes..... Laces Happy

Ove the hill to balloch and then the stirling straights. You will be there in 50 mins. Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@johnthom, welcome to Snowheads snowHead

You say they're ok when on but the problem is getting them on??

Try pushing the tongue and the shell edges open to the sides, don't pull up on the tongue. This should help getting the boot on.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Friend has issues getting her Lange boots on.... and much swearing when taking them off, cold.

Tip from a bootfitter was to really spread the shell sides as wide as you can with both your hands while pulling your foot out or putting in - helps a lot, but some boots are just more of a struggle than others ( and having your boots warmed up helps also)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@johnthom, per @sarah, you need to pull the tongue to the side and open the clog at the same time. And angle your foot as it goes in.

Tryng to do it all straight doesn't work with stiffer boots.

I really wouldn't try and change the boot shape unless you really know what you're doing.

And if you don't know how to put your boots on your feet... Twisted Evil
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a very high arch and with one of my pairs of boots, the ONLY way I can get my foot in is to put the inner on first and then put foot and inner into the shell. I also have to do the reverse when taking the boot off. I can just get into my other pair of boots without going through that rigmarole but still sometimes do it as it is easier. My arch is very high - all boot fitters rapidly start pulling their hair out when trying to fit me - and I simply cannot get my feet into many brands of boots (for example Dynafit TLTs).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi All

Thanks for your comments. Found what was required on YouTube. "Harald Harb, make boots easy to put on".
Video demo.
I am using Atomic B5 27.5, circumference at instep round heel is 335mm but radius at front of boot only 25 mm with 35mm overlap. Did not have this problem with my high front Koflak's many years ago, (been soft boot since.)

Other videos did not address high instep problem.

Take off method also worth a look.

Regards
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy