Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ortovox cross rider 18 or Dakine Heli Pro 20

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Sub_Zero_G, Skinny git! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Someone earlier in this thread was extolling the value of Deuter packs. They have far too many straps, buckles, loops and doodads.

I went through a number of packs and my favourite for cut, construction and clean lines is Black Diamond but they are still an inch or two too long in the back and have a diagonal ski carry, which I don't like.

I eventually settled on the Mammut Niva Ride, which has the shortest back for a pack of it's size and is women-specific, so hip and chest straps are in the right place. Extra bonus is the A-frame ski carry.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PaulC1984, more like slim woman.

I see your sig is somewhat appropriate wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Sub_Zero_G, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@lampygirl, thank you for your feedback. I've just bought a cross rider myself and I'll be looking forward to trying it out sometime in the near future... snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm 5'8 and do find the 'mens' models too long in the back going for the women's model instead. Not many things where I think it makes a difference (e.g I have unisex skis) but they do seem not to ride so high. Possibly dependant on where you wear the waist belt I suppose. I like the belt and chest strap for skiing and the height of the chest strap adjusts.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Proportionately, men have longer bodies and shorter legs. Whereas women have longer legs and shorter bodies. Taller women tend to have extra length in their legs, giving them that extra height.

Of course, these are the averages, so there are exceptions on either side. But the gist is that women-specific packs have shorter back length, which means the hip belt sits correctly positioned on the hip without pushing the top of the pack above your shoulders.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sub_Zero_G wrote:
@lampygirl, I've tried a few Ortovox packs on in the local Cham shops and found them to be too long in the back for me if I use the hip belt, which I tend to do when skiing off the beaten track.

Weird, just received the freerider 20 which is going straight back, far too short down the back. I'm 6'1" and do not have a particularly long torso.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy