Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How fast does Arnold Schwarzenegger ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Governor of California, former Terminator and "fast skier" (we're told) Arnold Schwarzenegger was involved in a motorbike crash last Sunday. His 12-year-old son Patrick was in the sidecar. A woman backed out of a drive into his path. The Terminator's lip was badly injured in the crash and he needed lots of stitches.

The crash has prompted some interest in Schwarzenegger's licence to ride a motorbike.

And it's also prompted some funny remarks from the Governator, reported by LA Times
Quote:
The fat lip he was sporting wasn't a fashion statement, he said.

"It's not what normally happens in Hollywood when someone has a swollen lip," he said, explaining that he hadn't had collagen shots. Nope, those were stitches.

Quote:
The governor said his doctor told him that to help his lip heal, he should not attend any public events or even speak for three days.

"My wife said, 'Make it seven!"' he joked. He said Maria Shriver disapproves of his fascination with speed and his love of skydiving, fast skiing and motorcycle riding.

Anyone seen Arnie skiing? There are remarkably few photos! [He definitely does ski, but how fast does he ski?]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think snowHeads needs a new forum. We could call it "DG's Tabloid Corner". It could be filled with hearsay and so-called celebrity mishaps, and exciting events such as Prince William kissing his girlfriend on the slopes of Klosters.

The Piste? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's not hearsay - these are the words of the Governator, quoted by one of America's most respected (non tabloid) newspapers.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hearsay was only one of the three alternative requirements to qualify for DG's Tabloid Corner. I'd forgotten the fourth. That it had to be second-hand news (applies to each of the first three).

Your silly pics were considerably more relevant to The Piste that Schwarzenegger's motorcycle accidents.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You damned hypocrite!!!

You've been peddling the same - quotes - "second-hand news" - for months and months on www.mysnowsports.com

Just because you've made a career move doesn't mean you can come on here and slag me off!

As I say, it's not hearsay, it's the professionally reported remarks of the Governor of California. What's your evidence that it's hearsay?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Schwarzenegger ate my hamster
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very Happy Very Happy Thanks for the plug DG! You'll find a totally different emphasis in recent months, with the bulk of reports in news and blogs being first-hand by either racerready or myself. It was a deliberate policy decision. Do get your facts straight.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JohnHill wrote:
Sorry, I reckon the editor of Tabloid Corner will insist you amend that headline to something appropriate to skiing. I suggest ...

"Schwarzenegger ate my marmotte".
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JohnHill wrote:

have no fear, he'll be back
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pete Garwood, I've reported the facts faithfully, as transcribed by a respectable newspaper.

You've accused me of peddling hearsay.

I suggest a naked roll in the snow, followed by a consultation with a mirror.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Goldsmith wrote:
I've reported the facts faithfully,

You've accused me of peddling hearsay.
Q.E.D.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PG, you haven't insulted me (much) but you've certainly insulted the Los Angeles Times.

The trouble is, as I say, that you copied my wheeze (of sourcing news for snowHeads/mysnowsports.com from internet news sites) and now have the effrontery to slag me off, just because you've decided to stop copying me.

I think you should join ise in his glass chalet and enjoy his delicious home-baked humble pie.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David Goldsmith, I think you've got me confused with some figment of your substantial imagination.

Insulted the L.A. Times? Copied you? Not sure which is the more hilarious!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith, PG,

Knock it off, chaps. Perhaps a volley of PM's would be more appropriate
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We've tried that, but the studio audience demanded live cock-fighting.
snow conditions
Well in the cock and bull stakes, I defer to the master.
ski holidays
Le coq.

A French national symbol, even to be found on cheeses.
ski holidays
Well I'm a Brit, and unless you are making some kind of racist comment, I fail to see the significance of that remark in this thread, ostensibly about an Austrian-American.
snow report
No, Pete, certainly not a racist comment - just a bit of Francophile fun for us both. I hope!

Have a nice afternoon.
latest report
So when someone says "this cheese is cock" it means it's good then?
snow report
I don't know. Try it in Vienna. Walk into a cheese shop and tell them their cheese is cock (in German).
ski holidays
They don't go that big on cheese here but they do have sausages with cheese in em.
ski holidays
That got me wondering if Arnold Schwarzenegger is currently modelling his lip on a sausage. He's not from Vienna, he's from Graz, and apparently he's currently in some disagreement with his home town about the imposition of the death penalty in California. [just mixing topics a little, while returning to the subject of the thread]
snow conditions
Yes, do keep us informed as to the latest developments, when will he have the stitches removed? Will he be getting snow tyres fitted as a result? How soon will his bike be repaired... in time for his next skiing trip? Will he be able to apply sun block to his lip, given the extent of his injuries? All vital ski-related information Piste readers will be anxiously awaiting from our self-appointed sole licensed bringer of second-hand news from the snow.
snow report
PG. If you'd like to cancel your subscription in disgust please contact the proprietor.

Otherwise, do you think you could hop on a plane to California and check out those interesting angles on the story?
snow conditions
Hell no, what would I do without my morning daily dose of tabloid gossip almost entirely unrelated to snow?

As for the Schwarzenegger story, you could try asking your mate ise, I think he'll be skiing in New Hampshire in a few days' time, and then he may be heading for Canada via California if I remember his itinerary correctly. During his stay in N.H. he could do a totally fictitious 'The Truth About Bode' story while he's at it. Mind you, he may not have much time, he does like to actually do some skiing.
latest report
DG, keep these tidbits of skiing-related gossip from around the world coming in! No-one is forcing anyone to click on the thread titles...
So now we know: Arnie's lips haven't been pumped up using artificial substances...
latest report
Martin Bell, 'No-one is forcing anyone to click on the thread titles... '. Touche.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Martin Bell,

I agree. DG's snippets are often an interesting diversion (IMO, of course - though PG clearly disagrees). There are hundreds of threads rolling eyes which don't particularly interest me but I wouldn't suggest they shouldn't be posted - I just ignore them!
ski holidays
The 'drift' of my comments here were more that such threads have a very contrived relevance to The Piste, and would be better located in Apres, or elsewhere...
ski holidays
I know PG is "waiting by the phone" for any updates on this story so just for him (and anybody else who is interested)

Arnie didn't even have a bike licence
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/12012006/80/mishap-schwarzenegger-bike-licence.html

here's the lip
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/12012006/80/photo/california-governor-arnold-schwarzenegger.html
ski holidays
That's enough lip from you, DB.
latest report
David Goldsmith, PG, don't you think that your continued sniping at each other is a tad boring and immature? Why can't you both shut up when one says something that the other disagrees with? Whenever you two get in to a discussion you always end up insulting each other.

Either give it a rest, take it offline, or just get together in one of those new-fangled Civil Partnerships.
snow report
'Civil Partnerships', for any expats etc. unfamiliar with the term, are a new initiative to enable gay men and women to form legal partnerships, and register their relationships in a similar way to a marriage ceremony.

As a matter of fact, I do not wish to leave PG a penny in my Will, or my house. He may, of course, feel more generously towards me.
ski holidays
hyweljenkins, so what's your problem? If you (or anyone else) are not interested, don't read it. I wasn't after brownie points for interest value, I was pointing out that this topic was entirely irrelevant to 'The Piste', in my view. And demonstrating to his journalistic lordship that two can play at knocking others' 'journalistic integrity'. As for what ensued, for some reason certain people enjoy reading this stuff, while others don't. Those that don't, don't bother!

DG, I have been considering naming you in my Will for some time. At this point I would rather not go into any details as to the 'bequests' in question...
ski holidays
PG, no you weren't, you were sniping. That much is clearly. Whether I read it or not is irrelevant. What sort of impression do newcomers get when they see two of the site's most prolific posters bickering like that? It's the sort of behaviour that's best placed in Usenet.
snow report
You're all FISH, Especially; Goldfish. Twisted Evil
snow report
hyweljenkins, "in your opinion". Bull, in mine. The impression people get when they read this site for the first time from the "site's most prolific posters" is - in 99.99% of cases - of informative posts on a broad variety of subjects. All you are doing is singling out an unrepresentative thread which involved, imo, some dissent that was not without foundation. I await your praise for the vast majority of useful posts that we supply without any hint of disagreement.
latest report
PG, there is no doubt about the value of the posts that you and David make - no one (apart from the two of you) question that.
ski holidays
PG,
Quote:

so what's your problem? If you (or anyone else) are not interested, don't read it.

Not meaning to be contentious, but if I 'm reading a thread about a particular subject and it degenerates in the way that this one has, then I don't have a lot of choice about whether or not to read the responses until I have read them.

Also, if you applied this to yourself then presumably you would not have posted on this thread Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy