Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking to put a group together for a chalet booking for Xmas or New Year 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We always have a problem booking a chalet for a Xmas or New Year trip as so many only want sole use/whole chalet bookings until late on. The best chalets are gone by then.

We are a family of 4 including 2 teenagers (1 boy and 1 girl) and are all good skiers. Ideally would like to find 2 or 3 other families but anyone welcome so together we can book a chalet when they come available in early 2016.

We ideally would like to be in the Trois Vallees so either Meribel, La Tania or Les Menuires/Bettaix are most likely. We sometimes do Peissey Vallandry, Les Coches or Montchavin. This trip our preference is Meribel.

We go for mid range chalets with hot tubs costing around £700 to £1000 each for Xmas or New Year weeks - as we all know very pricey for those weeks. We usually do our own flights etc.

Anybody interested in building a group?

Rob
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Or, have you tried Mark Warner chalet hotels, or Ski Olympic gold chalets?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chalet hotels are more like hotels than chalets. Just not the same, chalets more intimate.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski Olympic Gold are not too big ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't understand this post. You don't want to share a chalet with strangers, so you are looking for companions on the internet?

I agree "chalet hotels" aren't great. They have the disadvantages of both formats, and none of the advantages of either.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quite happy to share with anybody. Problem is catered chalet cos on peak weeks mostly want to rent the chalet as a whole unit and not by rooms which is possible non peak weeks. So depending on chalet size need 8 to 20 or so people. Most chalets 12-16 people.

Rob
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh, I see. I didn't realise that was the case. I never found that problem, but then I rarely travelled peak weeks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi @rob_scriven, We fall in to your price bracket and sell on a room by room basis wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looking forward to when not peak weeks as well, children now 15 and 13 so well on the way!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rob_scriven, think your problem comes in part from wanting to book early. A lot of the chalet companies seem to hold chalets at first for group bookings and only release them for room by room bookings later. I guess thats so they don't sell one room in a lot of properties and not have any complete ones left for groups.
As for price, again you'll be paying through the nose this early. If you were to look at places for this Christmas now, you'd find loads of package availability at 1/2 price. Ski world have a whole load in the £3-400 p/per bracket currently.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Exactly that. We do 2 trips, for Easter we do last minute deals. However Christmas and New Year we like to make sure we get a really nice chalet and not what is left over. That one we are prepared to pay more for. That is why I am trying to find similar minded people to get the right chalet early when lots of choice. I am used to trawling the deals in the locations we head for which is usually Trois Vallees or Pardiski. Espace Killy usually a bit dearer even thought would like to. I have stayed SKiworld but not a great fan.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy