Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Join-up for cheap trip Dec/Jan (but to decent resorts)

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for people interested to join for trip in Dec/Jan. Main priority would be low price but still for a decent resort. Depending on the location may be interested to share car-hire whilst there to get to other ski areas.

I've picked out the following possibilities based on current availability. Happy to consider other options if someone finds something of similar or better value for money. I would be grateful if you could let me know in the next few days if you are interested. Snow has arrived and more importantly a cold spell that *may* last until early December so hopefully all these options below should be fine. Prices likely to fluctuate and other airports available for some trips at similar/higher prices. I'm a 39 year old male looking for a male room share but obviously all welcome if the rooms work out. I'm a decent skier who spends time on all slopes and some off-piste but happy to join with any standards and then arrange skiing/boarding as best for those who go.

Thanks for taking the time to read and please let me know as soon as possible if your interested,

Regards
Sam

Hotel Petit Palais in Cervinia, Italy
£318 pp
13 Dec 2015, 06:20 (7 nights)
Manchester
All Inclusive (packed lunch and drinks)

Au Pension in Soll, Austria
£229 pp
19 Dec 2015, 08:05 (7 nights)
Birmingham
B&B

ClubHotel Rois Mages, Montgenevre, France
£304 pp
19 Dec 2015 (7 nights)
Manchester to Grenoble
Half Board (6 Days) Club Hotel

Hotel Sport, Sauze d'Oulx, Italy
£245 pp
20 Dec 2015 (7 nights)
Manchester to Turin
Half Board Hotel

Chalet Cicero, Les Arcs 1800, France
£293 pp
2 Jan 2016 (7 nights)
Gatwick to Geneva
Catered Chalet

Hotel Xalet Verdu, Arinsal, Andorra
£201 pp
3 Jan 2016 (7 nights)
Gatwick to Lleida-Alguaire
Half Board Hotel

Chalet Arsellaz, Val d'Isere, France
£364 pp + Buy One Espace Killy Lift Pass, Get One Half Price
9 Jan 2016 (7 nights)
Gatwick to Grenoble
Catered Chalet
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some other notes:

Cervina linked to Zermatt
Soll has multiple lift pass options including Kitzbuhel etc.
Montgenevre have access to Sauze and Sestriere etc.
Arinsal has good off-piste area on same pass (free bus) and option for trip to GV etc.

All offers include flights, accommodation, breakfast, and transfers. Some have more on top.

Flights chosen are cheapest available and my preference airports based on options/prices (there may be other airports at same price but not less).

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 22-11-15 22:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great looking deals. Where are you finding these?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any chance of 16 Jan as there are 2, possibly 3 of us, who would be keen to join? I agree with letsgetpiste, they are outstanding deals and would be really keen to find out how I could get my hands on these, although I understand you may want to keep this trade secret to yourself - I would!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kennyboyo wrote:
although I understand you may want to keep this trade secret to yourself - I would!

Don't encourage him!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Those are seriously cheap prices!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They should be easy enough to find and the clues are there for a search. It is no big secret. There are other good deals around too.

I think the prices may go up a bit shortly and then down just before (but with less choice and maybe late fees). So now seems a good time to get something booked for Dec/Early Jan I would say. These prices are as of today.

The 16th Jan is not so good for me as I have a long trip for Feb but I may change my mind later.

Preference would be something very cheap (but good) between 13th Dec and 9th Jan weeks inclusive.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I should note that these are all priced for 2 people sharing.

There are a few offers for single rooms but not so many and more expensive hense the interest to share as I have other ski trips later (can't afford high prices).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Kennyboyo,
hi,
We are going to Zermatt, Switzerland 16-23th jan. We still got a couple of rooms available. 650 gb pp
Included:
INTERNATIONAL SKIPASS (280gbp)
Flights
Equipment carriage
Transfers
Accommodation
more info bautrys@gmail.com

Price: 650gbp
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What about Zermatt,Switzerland?
Can we call it a descent resort ?Smile www.zermatt.ch/en

Zermatt,Switzerland jan 16-23th 650gbp
Included:
INTERNATIONAL SKIPASS (280gbp)
Flights
Equipment carriage
Transfers
Accommodation
more info bautrys@gmail.com
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zermatt/Cervinia is a great area, see my option above too for pre-Christmas. Only slight down being that some of the best skiing in Zermatt does not open until later in the season (Feb). Lift pass cheaper bought in Italy I believe. Your price seems good, if it includes "catered" chalet I'd say excellent and would be interested myself Smile! Otherwise food is going to quickly eat into the good budget (no pun intended).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Would also be interested in sharing a twin at:

Chalet Hotel Champs Avalins, Val d'Isere, France
£399 pp (476pp Manchester my preference)
20 Dec 2015 (7 nights)
Gatwick to Geneva
Catered Chalet Hotel

A male or female room share is probably available as others on a Neilson forum thread have already booked and can mix up.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@sammawby, lift pass is cheaper from Italian side but you have to start your day on that side. No use if you are staying in Zermatt
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was referring to someone getting a holiday in Cervinia versus Zermatt and noting the extra saving.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@sammawby / @Millom, why are you posting under two usernames on the same thread?
snow conditions
Ask my computers Smile! Not sure how Millom came to be at all.
snow conditions
Off to tignes solo on 5th Dec, good snow and some lifts but passes and accomodation are very cheap at the moment. If anyone is in the area I'd meet up for a bit.
ski holidays
If anyone would like to go to Val D'Isere on 3rd Jan, prices confirmed and already fully booked, and would like a bit of quality and luxury (private hot tub, steam room, 4 course meals) feel free to have a look at my thread or PM me.
snow conditions
Good option for single person (perhaps in a group) rather than room share over Christmas:

La Vallée Blanche
£339
Alpe d'Huez
Sat 19 Dec 2015
Bristol
7 nights
Half board
ski holidays
Another single room/person offer for Christmas:

Guesthouse Schneeberger
£339
Mayrhofen
Sat 19 Dec 2015
Manchester
7 nights
Bed and breakfast

Both of these also have options to ski high/glacier should it be required.
snow report
@Millom, I thought you were a fan of Austria? is Bristol/ Gatwick convenient for you? Have you had any takers.
ski holidays
Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham would be best for me. There is interest from one person for the Cervinia AI pre-Christmas and some others looking at the January offerings. Some of these have changed in the last few days so are already out of date while others are still available. The two above are from today.

I'm not particularly fussy about locations to ski but like to explore different places so have done some extended trips (public transport/car) over recent years and would choose new destinations over revisited ones. I have a 3 week trip to the Arlberg region for February and plan to go to St Anton/Lech/Warth, Montafon, maybe Ischgl, Solden and some other smaller Bregenz resorts (not completely decided). In this case arranging your own trip is *way* cheaper than a package. I have not skied in Vorarlberg before so looking forward to that trip.

I also have a renovation project in Karnten (Southern Austria) which means in future I hope to get very familiar with this whole region.

My first ski trip was to Andorra (GV-Soldeu) but not been back so I would like to revist the Pyrenees, perhaps doing a larger road trip. There are also good offers for Andorra in Januay that are interesting and it isn't all easy piste skiing, in Arcalis there is meant to be good off-piste and there is a free map that shows you all the off-piste routes.
snow conditions
I've now booked a week over Christmas at La Vallée Blanche (mixed reviews) for £209 HB from Birmingham. There is currently a £100 off per booking for 3 days (or while rooms available) and for singles this is obviously per person. Would be good to meet up if anyone else decides to join.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy