Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aspen Womens GS&SL

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Will be attending the event in Aspen next weekend. Never been to a race before. Any advice where best place to watch or whatever ? More asking about SL than GS.
Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends on what you are looking for from the race to be honest - if you are simply spectating, getting in the bleachers in the finish area is always fun and the atmosphere is great with the travelling fan clubs. If you want to get some good photos then getting as close to the netting as possible at an interesting point along the course is good - look to see where the accredited photographers have placed themselves. I don't like crowds so I usual get myself as far up the course as I can away from the rabble, but I watch races in Austria where there can be up to 55,000 fans (Schladming) watching a race. If I can, I ski down alongside the course until I find a point that will give me a good position to take photographs. If is is not possible to ski down then I walk up along the netting until I get a good view. At the Schladming Night Slalom, I go to somewhere near one of the big screens in town as that number of fanatical race fans is too much for me! The same goes for the Kitzbühel races, the bleachers are too expensive for me, so I go to one of the viewing points along the course. I then use the FIS Mobile Data App to follow the results on my phone.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Sue, i figured to try and ski down to somewhere along the course. Took a look at VIP ticket but at $500 a day with food and drink i think not Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@essex, bloody he!! with those kind of prices it's no wonder that the races are so poorly attended in comparison to the European ones! I got free entry to the Sölden races last week simply because I had a valid ski pass! Even if I had not a weekend ticket would have only cost me 30 Euro (about $20) including transport to and from the slope! For a wee bit more I could have gone into the bleachers, €50 a day and for about 150€ I could have had a VIP pass for the day.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No the actual race is free to watch, well def if uou have a ski pass. Not sure if small fee if walking.
The 500 is for a vip hospitality tent with unlimited food and drink and i think maybe a meet and greet.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The course(s) is always over off 1A Shadow Mountain lift on the far west side of Ajax. Your biggest challenge will be parking unless your car is at wherever place you're staying which if that's the case, leave it there and walk. You can progressively walk up the outside of the course up to a certain point depending upon the marshalling. Most just hang out below.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
assumed i could lift up to the mountain top (not 1A) then ski down to the top of the course. We shall see i guess.
And yes i should be within walking distance from hotel if the maps are at all accurate so not messing with parking (or driving).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy