Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic C9 / Decathlon Magnesium Beta Puls

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I did say on a couple of my earlier posts I would report back on the C9's...I'm not really qualified to give an expert judgement (as easiski can now attest Blush), but both myself and my friend (on the decathlon discount version ' atomis megnesium beta puls') found them to be throughly likeable and confidence inspiring skis, and are very happy with them. I didn't get out on them a lot in LDA (for lots of reasons, but mostly 'cause I'm lazy) - but when pushed a little on the last couple of days they didn't put a foot wrong and were notceably more 'willing' than the 02 rossignol t-power cobras they replaced.

Compared to hire skis I've had in the past I'd say they had good grip and were suprisingly stable at high speed shussing with a nice solid feel when carving, which they do very easily (even if I don't!)- definately a step in the right direction for me and recommended for anyone wanting something cheap (£169 in decathlon including bindings) to improve on for a few years. To give some context I was mostly riding blue runs, some hardpack/rock, then two days of squishy powder bump piste. Two runs down the only red I found(??) and one run courtesy of easiski in the offpiste to the side of the black run valentin (I think?). I didn't do any off piste in the powder so no idea of their abilities there.

Overall: Excellent on-piste blue and red run cruising ski, good grip, solid feel, useful turn radius, stable to schuss for those 'must get to the next lift' linking run moments, solid feel in powder bumps, no noticeable vibration at (for me) high speed either. Confidence inspiring intermediate ski. Cheap, and comes in a lovely shade of blue wink

If anyone has any particular questions I'll do my best to answer, just let me know!

aj xx
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy