Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance Validity, France at War

Poster: A snowHead
Not being alarmist.

France has publically said it is at War.

Most insurance policies have an invalid clause in the case of war.

Maybe worth checking.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would think that it technically means at war with another state e.g. Germany, not the anti-terrorist rhetoric we are hearing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't think they're 'officially' at war - just a figure of speech. I 'think' you need both sides to sign for a war.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
and probably wouldn't affect somebody who broke a leg on a ski slope

Besides, the idiotic "war on drugs" has been going on for ages rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We'd best ski carefully at Tignes in 2 weeks' time then....I'm probably more concerned that nowhere at all in the world is seemingly to safe to go at the moment.... Confused Confused Confused
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This guarding the road at Valloire yesterday:

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
isn't that a portable snow cannon?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can it shoot to kill? Actually snowballing them is probably what our esteemed soon-to-be-leader has in mind. That'll teach 'em.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Could be for avalanche control work.

From where they are they could hit someone on the col du Galibier.

Regarding the Declaration of War, only the French parliament can do that and they have not done so. They have declared a "state of emergency" which has been extended for 3 months now. You might not get cancellation costs due to an event related to the state of emergency as Dave says just below if you booked your trip after the state of emergency was declared.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 20-11-15 13:59; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is a relevant point to think of in that insurance companies may not be willing to pay out on things like airport and port closures initiated for security concerns.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
a lot of policies have small print about terrorism and have had for years. If I were involved in a terrorist alert the cost of my holiday would be the last thing on my mind.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you are flying in to Chambery it won't be open anyway.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Still the op had a point, make sure your claim won't be affected. Insurance companies can be dodgy and any excuse not to pay out is used.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
a lot of policies have small print about terrorism and have had for years. If I were involved in a terrorist alert the cost of my holiday would be the last thing on my mind.

Yebbut it's something to consider - last weekend's LGW evacuation for starters. Heightened alert means more large scale reaction to oridinary run of the mill idiots. Now if you're DIYing and your only flight for the week got cancelled because of a "terrorism related incident" which was someone carrying scissors in their hand luggage?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Every visitor or business trip to Korea must be stuffed as well then
ski holidays
Quote:

any excuse not to pay out is used

that's not my experience, I've always found them fair.

@Dave of the Marmottes, I'll take my chance. Provided you make sensible arrangements (and IMO booking the only flight for a week wouldn't fall into that category) then take a good book and be prepared to be patient and flexible. Absolutely no point just worrying about it and feeling scared - that's what they want, isn't it?
snow report
pam w wrote:
Provided you make sensible arrangements (and IMO booking the only flight for a week wouldn't fall into that category)

So that means never go anywhere that isn't served by several flights a week? Nobody would ever fly to Preveza then, and presumably many other airports in fairly popular places around the world...
latest report
If making DIY arrangements I'd be reluctant to book a once-a-week flight. I've done quite a few of those in the past, but only when somebody else was paying for me to stay in a hotel if one was cancelled or the only plane servicing the route was condemned as unfit to fly. wink
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
There is a relevant point to think of in that insurance companies may not be willing to pay out on things like airport and port closures initiated for security concerns.

That is what Im getting at. Mostly travel but ski areas are all soft targets.

Insurance companys will use any small print to void payment. Although war,natural disasters & terrorism small print is probably the only part everyone knows about!

Point is not much point in paying for insurance if they are not going to payout. Worth checkin IMO.
snow conditions
@pam w, there are places where the *only* flights are once a week. OTOH they do tend to be less liable to be cancelled on a whim for that very reason.
ski holidays
Quote:

there are places where the *only* flights are once a week.

yep, I've been to a couple.... working though, paid for by the British tax payer. wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy