Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2nd Week of April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Never been to Chamonix before but I have the chance of a chalet there, on the second week of April. Firstly just wondered what snow is like at that time of year?........ If snow ok would it suit a mixed ability group including children?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads AB. Not entirely sure how suitable Cham is for kids? Depends how strong skiiers they are... Mixed ability group sounds a bit suspect too! Cham is reknowned as a serious skiier/boarder resort... as off-piste as they can manage usually...

From memory, I think there are a couple of kids-only areas, but I think they are fairly rigouously enforced as kids-only and they don't like even timid adult beginners on there! The bottom of the resort is a bit on the low side (1100-ish metres) for any guarantee of snow in mid April... no problem up top at 3,800 metres, but getting there & back could be a challenge for the less able in your group.

If you're getting a blinding price for the chalet then, as long as the less able in your group are happy being restricted to a small area of the resort, go for it... otherwise I'd reconsider if I were you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AB, Chamonix is a bit spread out, if the stronger skiers want to ski Grands Montets and the children/less expert skiers want to ski Le Tour or Les Houches then you'll have some problems, not where I would choose for a mixed ability group.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
carled, Chalet is at a blinding price but my fears heve been confirmed regards the suitability for children and beginners.

Where would be better at that time of year considering group being beginner to advanced? I would like to book asap as group size (14) will be very costly and limited if leave much longer.

Cheers Andy.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AB, at the risk of promoting our chalet, you could try La Rosiere, terrific snow record late season, sunny south facing slopes and great for kids. It's also got terrific views of Mont Blanc and International skiing in Italy. Have a look at our ad in snowShops or see our website www.tracksvacations.com for more details. The only caveat I would have is that the skiing for the more advanced members of your group is more dependent on snow conditions than for the less advanced.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AB,
As with the above, with a mixed ability group and kids Chamonix really would not suit.
1. Not a ski-in ski-out resort.
2. The different ski areas are scattered around the Valley and not a great deal of begginer areas.
3. If you have a car the OK but if not a nightmare getting to and from ski areas on the Bus.

Other resorts would be much more suitable, La Rossiere, Les Arc, Tignes.........

I'm going to Chamonix in February and love it there but would not take Kids/beginners.
Hope this helps.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers all, I think I'll save Chamonix for myself and Mrs AB. Can't fit it in this season as have already done Cervinia over New Year and booked for Val d'isere on 29th Jan Very Happy David@traxvax, thanks for the link I'll have a look and ask others what they think.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy