Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taxi From Val Thorens to SMDB

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All,

I'm part of a group of 7 'lads' who are heading out to St. Martin De Belleville over the New Year period. While St. Martin is lovely it doesn't necessarily always provide the late night jaegerbomb fiesta we are after. With that in mind we fancy a couple of nights out in Val T and would probably bus it up post skiing on the free bus service. This service doesn't run through the night though so we'd need to get a cab back to St. Martin, I'm guessing around 3amish.

Does anyone know of any taxi firms who might do this and if so any price ideas?

Delighted to hear and thanks in advance.

Cheers

p.s. very excited about this cold / snowy front that seems to be coming in, long may it last!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@gdizzle,
I'm sure the bus service in the Belleville Valley is free only in the summer, so you may have to take a taxi both ways.

Best keep an eye on the weather, though, as we missed the last lift from Les Menuires to Val Thorens a couple of years ago in New Year week and the buses had stopped running due to the snow covered roads. It was dumping it down!

We waited ages for a taxi, along with dozens of others, and as we reached the front of the queue the taxi driver pulled up and said that he was making his next trip his last of the night as the roads were so bad. The only snag was that he refused to carry more than 9 passengers and there were 10 of us left in the queue! We twisted his arm and we were very relieved when he eventually agreed to squeeze us all in - at a cost of €10 per person.... Not a bad bit of work for a 30 minute round trip!

It was well worth it though, as we were facing a night with nowhere to stay.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
....so you may have to take a taxi both ways. 

Quote:
in New Year week.... the buses had stopped running due to the snow covered roads.

So there are buses in winter?? So why a need to get a taxi both ways Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mountainaddict, They stop very early in the evening
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@johnE, how early is very early? Is it so early in the evening it is in fact the afternoon Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The inter resort bus timetable for last year is on the les Menuires website. The last free bus is shown as 17.15
http://media2.lesmenuires.com/2014/12/horairesnavettesvillages-lesmenuires-val-tho2015.pdf

However if you go to altibus.com there is a paid service at 18.24 and on Fridays some later ones.

As for taxis I am afraid I can't help you, I can't ever remember seeing a taxi in the late hours apart from bringing passengers up from Moutiers.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy