Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland snow report 2015/16

Poster: A snowHead
@mountainaddict, all booked. Alarm set for 2.30am, pick my mate up at 3am. Leave Manchester and Drive to Nevis range, ETA 8.30-9am. Days skiing then overnight hotel just outside fort William on the Caledonian canal. Sunday get up and breakfast, drive to glencoe for a 4/5 hour session then head home. I just hope there is enough ski hire at both places. Both have our own boots just need to rent skis and poles. Can't wait!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
glencoe for me.

Off to get ready. Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Caledonian Canal?? Must be Moorings Hotel Ricklovesthepowder?? We were booked in there for 2 nights last weekend with Hotels.com.....but found out at the 11th hour that we'd been overbooked and there was no room at the inn... Crying or Very sad

Annoying to say the least - although the replacement hotel that Hotels.com provided instead (Alexandra, Fort Bill) was superb - after they paid the difference on a more expensive hotel and gave us £75 credit on our account.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mountainaddict, yes that's where we are right now! If you stay again pay extra for the upgraded room. Have a living room and everything. Really nice location as well. Up early then straight to glencoe tomorrow morning
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
glencoe for me.

Off to get ready. Happy

I was there today. Conditions were epic!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Off to Glencoe tomorrow as well Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Every lift in Scotland (except Carn Aosda T-bar at Glenshee) scheduled to be open tomorrow. Can't really go wrong wherever you go (except Cairngorm perhaps Twisted Evil) Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is it wrong that it's 4.40am and wide awake excited for glencoe today Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Ricklovesthepowder, not at all, be worth catching first lifts today, and hopefully better viz for you up there today. I'm back indoors, otherwise would have done the weekend up there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looking at the cams, it looks awesome today. I don't think visibility will be an issue.
http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/glencoe/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It was another great day at Les Trois Vallées d'Ecosse yesterday. Very Happy Very Happy

There was better snow cover than last week but it was hard and icy in places. The Tiger had better cover but I preferred the softer moguls of last week to the hard ice of this week.

The wind was very strange. There was very little in the valleys but as soon as you got to within about 30m-40m of the peaks it started to blow a gale. At the top of the Cairnwell T-Bar kids were being blwon backwards.

I never made it as far as Glas Maol. My son was testing a pair of GS skis I picked up for him on ebay and I wasn't keen on him coming down on those. Razz

The only downside is I have injured my knee. Sad Sad I had a fall while paying too much attention to the Ski Boarder Cross Race that was going on than the piste ahead. I hit a patch of ice and was upended with both skis flying off. I managed to ski for the rest of the day with twinges in my knee but as we were finishing I knelt down to pick up my skis and suddenly there was an excruciating stretching pain in my left knee. I managed to hobble to the car and drive down. Thankfully I have an automatic but getting out at the other end was a nightmare. My son could even see through my shell pants that my left knee was swollen. I also appear to have tweaked my ankle/Achilles so that is causing issues. A lot of ice and Naproxen last night and this morning are enabling me to walk; albeit with a significant limp. I'm hoping that it isn't serious as we re off to Val d'Isere 2 weeks today. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Uh oh. Sounds like when I did my knee ligaments.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
scotspikey wrote:

That is what I'm fearing. I'm avoiding a trip to A&E as I think I'm in denial. Sad Sad Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Touring conditions are rather good at the moment too.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gaza wrote:
scotspikey wrote:

That is what I'm fearing. I'm avoiding a trip to A&E as I think I'm in denial. Sad Sad Sad

Sorry to hear about the injury Gaza however do not put off visiting the quacks, you could do more harm by ignoring it. Although I'm sure you know that yourself. Sad

Hope it turns out less serious than feared.
snow conditions
Fingers crossed for you @Gaza, and know what you mean about denial.
snow conditions
http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,4246

Simply awesome conditions in Scotland yesterday. Hope the knee recovers Gaza. Sad
snow report
@Peter S, wow, looks really good, never skied Glen Coe but that makes me want to.
ski holidays
Thanks all. Good news is there is a big improvement in my knee. A combination of regular icing and 500mg Naproxen seem to be helping. I actually managed to jog to catch the bus to the car hire centre at Stansted this morning. Laughing It hurt a bit but nothing too bad. The question for me is this: do I risk it this weekend at Nevis? I'm supposed to be helping out with course setting and maintenance for the Bairns Bucket and don't want to let them down. Sad
snow report
Fabulous couple of weeks skiing reported in Scotland.
http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,4247

Just in time the weather is breaking down somewhat for the weekend. Sad
latest report
Not sure if Aaron was a SnowHeads poster:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3488934/ski-instructor-26-killed-falling-30-metres-Alps-tragic-accident.html
latest report
I wasted 3/4 tank of diesel and £55 on a hotel room last night. Crying or Very sad My son was due to take part in the Bairns Bucket at Nevis today and as it is a 3 hour drive from home we headed up last night. On Friday the weather forecast was looking very iffy but the organisers decided to give it a go with tomorrow (Sunday) as back-up. After a very quick breakfast this morning we arrived at 07:0 as I was helping to set the course and due to be on the first Gondola. At around 7:50 Nevis announced that due to the wind they wouldn't operate the higher lifts meaning the races couldn't take place. By 8:10 we were back on the road heading home.

Unless there is a lot of cooling and more snow in the next week or so I can see Scottish season drawing to a close. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Quote:
Unless there is a lot of cooling and more snow in the next week or so I can see Scottish season drawing to a close
Still very mild and sunny - but reported on Winterhighland as:
- Not thawing much as air is very dry.
- Great skiing.
- Looking good up to and including the weekend.
ski holidays
Heading up to Glencoe this w\e. snowHead

High pressure in charge and the a gradual cool down for Easter.
snow report
Glencoe looking attractive to me this weekend too. Think I'm gonna try and get Friday off, ski Friday Saturday.
snow report
Gaza wrote:
Unless there is a lot of cooling and more snow in the next week or so I can see Scottish season drawing to a close. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

There`ll be more snowfall yet. Plenty more days to go, especially in the West.
snow conditions
Definitive spring skiing this weekend at glencoe. Just perfect Cool
ski holidays
Anyone at cairngorm today or tomorrow? Day off on Tuesday and planning on heading up.

Would be good to get a snow report that isn't from cairngorm's Facebook page- they say great conditions- bit skeptical! Very Happy

Looks like sun will be away by Tuesday but a cloudy day there is certainly better than a day at work!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@MCL,
You can always check the cams and forum reports at winterhighland http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/cairngorm-mountain/
ski holidays
Deedee wrote:
Gaza wrote:

There`ll be more snowfall yet. Plenty more days to go, especially in the West.

Scotland due snow next week.

Easter will be snowy.

Glencoe looks best.
snow report
Quote:
Unless there is a lot of cooling and more snow in the next week or so I can see Scottish season drawing to a close
Still pretty good cover at Glencoe for late March. Fri and Sat of last week (18th and 19th) were cracking days - bluebird weather and lovely spring snow in the sun Very Happy. Minimal queuing too.

ski holidays
Great conditions across the hill. 5inches of new snow yesterday.
http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=1167
ski holidays
Glenshee have closed for the season. Sad
latest report
Gaza wrote:
Glenshee have closed for the season. Sad

It was a short season this year.
ski holidays

Looks good this week snowHead
ski holidays
Nothing wrong with Cairngorm for 1.5 days of ski touring over easter weekend Smile
- Still very extensive cover - though combat skiing to the bottom below the mid-station.
- Full range of weather: Sun; snow; pea soup....
- Full range of snow: Pisted fresh; some soft snow fresh tracks off piste (West Wall was brilliant); and some refrozen clattery bits...

ski holidays
Have Glenshee shut prematurely?

ski holidays
Today and tomorrow look fantastic at glencoe. Anyone lucky enough to be around that way ?

ski holidays
Weekend looks Ok with light winds and good visibility at glencoe. Still reporting over 4m of snow in the main basin although the lower slopes are now getting thin.

Still plenty of really good skiing though Cool
ski holidays
New Braveheart webcam. Fresh tracks this morning Cool
http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/read.php?2,169469,page=4
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy