Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aldi Ski Special buy event

Poster: A snowHead
various stuff in the hatfield aldi, picked up a cheap base layer for teaching, and a merino one for on the mountains, didn't have a cheap pair of salopettes in my size though - lots of stuff left there, usual mess, everything on top of everything so a bit of digging was required for the merino stuff
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The mess helps sometimes! My 11 year old daughter wanted a new jacket and trousers but liked the girls jacket and boys trousers (bright green rather than very pink, she doesn't do pink!). Kids outfits were a big pile of empty packets, and unfolded jackets and trousers so just picked up the right size in the colours she wanted, stuffed them in a packet and took them to the till, told them what I'd done and they were fine with it.
Merino was all neatly stacked still but tops, bottoms, ladies, mens and all sizes mixed together in together, lets just say after I'd found the two ladies M tops I wanted right at the bottom of the pile it wasn't quite so neat!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pam w, Was in my local one just after 9 (its a big new one) and think I got the only 2 ladies M tops (black t shirt, blue long sleeve) they'd had in as before I upended everything looking for the right sizes the merino was all neatly stacked and by the looks of it only 3 or 4 items sold.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I managed to fight my way through the masses and bag myself a merino short sleeve, long sleeve and long John. 1 of each and I was out of there before I was injured!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My Mum went in to get some merino kit and caught someone stealing the xl bottoms from her basket while she searched for xl tops.

She suggested he put them back or he'd be getting belted with the basket Cool
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That's xl for me not her! snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JamesN wrote:
That's xl for me not her! snowHead

Good save... wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
. . .mission accomplished - sent wifey into the Leamington Branch this morning and snagged several pairs of pro-socks as required . . .ski area was a mess by 9am this morning . . .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Come to Gloucester nit many skiers here I guess Mrs h got a load of merino, and some goggles😀
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, thanks for the sizing tip. Got a pair of black longjohns in small, which fit fine. Not quite as good quality merino as Icebreaker but great for the price. They had lots of ski stuff in my branch but I don't think my area is a hotbed of skiers. Aldi is quite strange, a bit like a jumble sale. I usually shop at Sainburys.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@maggi, It is usually neat and tidy at the start but as they don't tend to lay thing out by size (or even gender, in mine the merino tops and bottoms, ladies and mens were all mixed together in a neat pile) rapidly descends into chaos
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Popped in again on my way home last night just out of curiosity (I live really near an Aldi, I promise! I'm not a weirdo constantly going in Smile ) – and there was looooads of ski stuff left. It looked like the merino and compression base layers, and pro jackets had been the most picked over, but still a few of each left and loads of the other stuff – this is the Urban Exchange branch in Manchester.

Had a bit of a look at the Pro gloves, which are really very good, and very warm! I don’t like the red colour so left them (they’d clash with my other gear), but it occurred to me when I got home that they can’t be that hard to turn all black, so I might have to go back for them Toofy Grin

Edit: my Aldi was very tidy in the ski section, but it normally is – I've never really seen even the most popular “Special Buys” get into much of a mess, or the rest of the store. I don’t think it’s one of the busiest ones though – and the staff are all quite attentive, and really friendly!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No Merino last night Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just been into the one in Alfreton (one of my usual ones but Thursday it Ashbourne as it is closest) to pick up some cat food and bits and bobs on the way back from Ikea (not my idea this close to Christmas but eldest daughter is home for the weekend and decided she absolutely had to go to get some stuff for her room at the YHA she is working at). Wasn't looking too closely but they seemed to have pretty much all the ski gear still in stock, including the merino in sensible sizes. The only things I didn't see were the kids thermals and ski pro socks. So I guess if you haven't found what you want try another branch if you have one near by. Most years Alfreton will be selling off ski gear at stupid low prices come the middle of January and I know this year several of the schools round there had been pointing parents towards Aldi/Lidl for ski trip equipment which I guess is where all the kids thermals have gone!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Picked up some merino tops, the compression leggings and some socks. Looks pretty good and the merino top kept me warm watching the kids rugby this morning so far so good 😀
latest report
@loatie @pam w after the scrum down at Havant ,they " Havent " got much left !! wink wink
snow report
Still pretty much everything in stock in the Meteor Centre Derby branch
ski holidays
Colchester had plenty yesterday but no silk blend "Pro" socks
snow report
Paignton had plenty left on Saturday.
snow report
popped into aldi near Bristol (southmead) on the way to my daughters rugby tournament sunday, there seemed to be lots of stock left, we snagged sets of compression top and bottoms for me and my eldest, she made use of them in her matches later, also grabbed a fleece top for me and snoods for the girls, did not see any merino gear but most of the family seems to be allergic to that type of fabric anyway.
certainly recommend the stuff to families stocking up for a first ski trip, am not sure you can rent gear from Hemel snow centre for the cost of buying from aldi, we paid £10 for a pair of gloves and £4 for a pair of socks from there earlier this year for our youngest and nowhere near the quality of aldi
snow report
Decent haul from the MK one. I did go in on my way to work on Thursday to find it was mostly the older generation raiding the gloves rather than skiers buying ski wear. Bought a £20 jacket to walk the dog in. Went back in tonight for the usual grocery bits and also came out with several base layers and some comfy warm lounging socks, so much of the 'technical' stuff still in, less of the more mass appeal stuff like hats and no gloves left at all.
snow report
Went in to Ashbourne again today as while the 11 to 12 outfit is just right for 11yo Toastertalbot in the body the jacket arms are stupid short, no problem finding a bigger set for her and most stuff other than the pro jackets was still in stock.
snow conditions
Took my new Aldi silk socks, £4.99, for a ski yesterday and today. Sorry I didn't change them for test purposes.

Yesterday was a tour of the mountain including a little off piste, lots of on piste and some bumps.
Today consisted of GS gate training.

Verdict. Very good for the money. A little thicker than my normal Falke socks so not as much 'feel' but at a fiver against 25 quid no complaints.

p.s It is too warm to say how they perform in the cold wink
snow report
Quote:

A little thicker than my normal Falke socks so not as much 'feel' but at a fiver against 25 quid no complaints.

Don't you have TKMaxx in France Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy