Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

4 screw bindings compatible with burton 3 hole boards?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure it's been asked before.

Bought a board with bindings from a friend. I've decided that the board is too long but bindings ok; they're the ones with 4 screws.

Seen a Burton board but they have different screw holes for 3 screws. Someone has told me my bindings would be compatible- how does this work- do you just use 3 screws?! Sounds a bit dodgy!

My original thought was to avoid Burton and go for something with the 4 screw set up the same as the bindings; am I best sticking with this plan?

Any advice much appreciated 😊
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends on the bindings brand and age, normally you just use a set of 3 x bolt conversion discs for the bindings in question.

Not saying its safe in every instance but on some discs they are so solid you could just drill a 3rd hole too get yourself going while you looked for the right conversion discs that fit .
You would need the right bolt length so some common sense applies .

What are they and how old ?
Someone may have some !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Assuming it's a non-Burton binding - you'll need a compatable plate to work with the Burton 3D screw hole pattern, assuming that the disc you've already got doesn't line up with the 3D hole pattern, then you can get adapter discs which'll work.

The 3D layout does only use 3 screws - I've used it for years and never had an issue.

If you are interested, I've a set of Mission bindings I was planning on getting shot of as they're taking up space... Bit worn but still very serviceable.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for info folks, I'll not rule out the burton board
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Burton stopped using 3D around 2009 I think? So any board with that pattern will be quite old - my '08 Custom rides just fine though. My '13 Cartel Re:flex bindings came with discs for 4x4 and 3D included.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They switched from the 3D to the EST stuff around that time. So that was from 3 bolts to 2. I probably would not ride a board with the 3D stuff as that's pretty old now. Back then I just drilled out my titanium 4x4 disks so there's an extra hole where I need it, and the job's done. For the 2-bolt version, so long as you avoid the first couple of seasons EST gear then you can use them with standard 4x4 disks, just rotated to fit.

Summary:
(1) you can make 4x4 bindings work with anything
(2) Burton have several generations of proprietary systems, so check you can make it work before committing to it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Buy a Yes. snowboard.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Depends on the binding, tbh. Discs that have slots (e.g. Union, Ride, K2) you can just turn the disc 90 degrees and it will line up with the 3-hole Burton pattern. Others (e.g. Salomon, Drake) have multiple holes to line up with different patterns. Drilling extra holes in discs or using discs from a different brand is not recommended.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@MCL Your options are to pick up a 3d conversion disc that fits your brand of binding - or purchase a snowboard that is not made by Burton.

If you buy a newer Burton board - it will have said ICS system that uses Burton's Channel mounting system and is designed to be used primarily with their EST branded bindings. If the board you are looking at buying has a 3 pin (3D) mounting system, it is as mentioned, probably 6-7 years old now! that would equate to a likely 7 solid weeks of use, plus a LOT of months in a shed/garage/roof. This would probably not be recommended buy most.

There is a HUGE range of snowboards out there from SO many different board brands - each with their own ethos and technology. You don't have to spend a lot of money to get a great set-up that you can cherish for years to come Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Andy Snowtrax, I prefer my reply...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
...or... i happen to have a set of Mission Bindings up on eBay at the moment which would fit very nicely... large size so feet from uk9 and over. Black grey colour with some cosmetic wear.
Shameless promotional now concludes.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Got a board thanks that was compatible with current bindings!

We're all kitted out now for trips up north 😄

If we decide we like boarding as much or more than skiing I'm sure there will be some exciting/ expensive shopping trips ahead 😄
@Richard_Sideways, just got some large bindings for my nephew - if you'd been a week quicker I'd have bought them!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Got a board thanks that was compatible with current bindings!

We're all kitted out now for trips up north 😄

If we decide we like boarding as much or more than skiing I'm sure there will be some exciting/ expensive shopping trips ahead 😄
@Richard_Sideways, just got some large bindings for my nephew - if you'd been a week quicker I'd have bought them!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy