Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow and Rock order carnage

Poster: A snowHead
I'm not one of the regular S&N haters on here as I buy quite often from them but it appears that since Cotswolds took them over, Cotswold have installed their own ordering system recently and at the moment orders and stock can't be matched. Ordered something 3 weeks ago which was supposed to have been delivered in 3 working days. Looks like it's now out of stock with no resupply (end of line) so they're attempting to sort out an alternative. Not having a go at the customer services team who appear to have been shafted here but the poor girl I spoke to didn't appear to know what on earth was going on.

Just be aware if you're ordering something that you need in the next few weeks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

regular S&N

No wonder there's confusion if you are ordering ski gear from Scottish & Newcastle Brewery.... rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have endured the same shambles from S&R - and like you I always had reasonable service - I went to the Bristol store 6 weeks ago and they had no ski stuff at all - I'm sorry to say IMO they have gone to the dogs! I would be delighted if I owned a bit of EB.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Charliee wrote:
I have endured the same shambles from S&R - and like you I always had reasonable service - I went to the Bristol store 6 weeks ago and they had no ski stuff at all - I'm sorry to say IMO they have gone to the dogs! I would be delighted if I owned a bit of EB.

Same with Exeter, but to be fair for them the season is still on the cycling/hill walking/climbing phase until well into November. I find it hard to argue with that, it's a tricky business model at the best of times so I have to appreciate that they don't want to fill stores with skiing stuff before people are thinking too hard about buying anything.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just find them downright rude. Went into Covent 3 times to look at skis, no one came over and everyone was busy or couldn't give a rats backside.

Ellis on the other hand... Marvellous.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
order issues are all over twitter, it seems the customer service folks are trying but are swamped.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Makes you wonder who votes for this http://www.worldsnowawards.co.uk/award-winners-2015/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It is, by the way, just as chaotic if you are a Cotswold Outdoor customer....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Popped in this evening to have a look at some gloves. Admittedly it was only 15 minutes before closing time but it was far from chaotic. If I'd wanted anything then I had 4 staff to choose from and there was one other yapping on the phone. Must be bloody boring to be working there on weekdays, and then all a bit too busy at weekends.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
People actually buy from snow and rock??!!

Ok I confess I bought some ortovox gear off them but only because they priced match and I managed to knock 40% off the price, but id never normally buy from them - there are cheaper and better places to buy, namely the piste office, snowshepherd and solutions for feet. Anything they cant provide, glisshop and blue tomato can Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd just like to take this opportunity to remind super/mega-snowHeads that both Snow and Rock and Ellis Brigham give you discount both online and in-store: Details

In-store you will need to present your total-snowHead card - if you don't have one and would like one, hit the button here.

Meanwhile, other-snowHeads - if you order online from Ellis Brigham or Snow and Rock, having gone to their sites using the auto-links, snowHeads gets a small kickback.
Your support is appreciated Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gear be gear so long it don't be too dear but giving 10% ain't nowhere near...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have to say I don't understand all those who bleat about them being expensive. I've never been unable to get a price match when I've found something cheaper online, even sale items, and the fact that I can pop into stores local to home or work beats buying blind off the net. I don't understand anyone who buys off the Internet when you can get it for the same price in a nearby shop. Sending stuff back is just too much hassle for me.

Anyway top marks to the girl I spoke to whoever she was as my order has now been dispatched and she even sent it next day delivery. Hopefully it will actually be what I ordered!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Admin - I hit the button as suggested in your post but it tells me the post doesn't exist. thanks
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@skim, sorry that's because you're not a super/mega-snowHead: the offer is for subscribers. For details on subscribing hit the "Support snowHeads" button at the bottom of the page.
ski holidays
I bought something a couple of weeks ago from them - only 5p more expensive than the best prices elsewhere, and much cheaper once I used my sH discount. Plus I just walked into store while on my way past anyway, and left with it.

If other places are cheaper, and they won't price match, then I'll shop elsewhere. I've nothing against using SnR when it suits though. (Most of the time they don't stock what I want anyway...)
ski holidays
Can't beat S&R for getting a good discount at the end of season. Price match and all. Military and Ski Club GB get discounts too (sorry). Sad

As for any normal person paying several hundred pounds for a ski jacket!

I have used Cotswolds on line in the last month and had great service. Used DiveInn (SkiInn) a couple of weeks ago for a wetsuit and had a nightmare and a very expensive P&P return. Have used Glisshop and great service.

I believe that S&R provides a good service for particular things. Hopefully the online service will improve.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy