Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The most useful item to have in your rucksack on the slopes...

Poster: A snowHead
Jumpers to keep the gf warm. In the alternative a gag.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mollerski wrote:
Pruman wrote:
@Mollerski, shock news, the temperature fluctuates during the day. You don't need to do the dressing/undressing game to cope.

Whoa! A keyboard warrior, sanctimonious and sarcastic. The thread is all your's.

Sarcastic definitely, sanctimonious no (you'd have to re-read everything and then look it up snowHead). Cynical is my favourite mode though. Thanks for the thread and the weather warning.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
spare layers aren't needed when you have a good natural insulation layer
Bit ambiguous that - so would it be:
a. A Merino wool garment?
b. A layer of fat?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it is a good idea to take a spare lens if you set off in your HI yellow. Should it even marginally clear up its hello burny eyes time.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pruman wrote:
Mollerski wrote:
Pruman wrote:
@Mollerski, shock news, the temperature fluctuates during the day. You don't need to do the dressing/undressing game to cope.

Whoa! A keyboard warrior, sanctimonious and sarcastic. The thread is all your's.

Sarcastic definitely, sanctimonious no (you'd have to re-read everything and then look it up snowHead). Cynical is my favourite mode though. Thanks for the thread and the weather warning.
Children, children, chill!
It's a ski holiday - now stop fighting over who carries the back-pack!

Pruman: it's Mollerski's back; if he wants to put a pack on it filled with his favourite things he likes to take up the mountain, that's up to him.
Mollerski: if Pruman gets all wet and cold, you can lend him a layer from your back pack and be justifiably sanctimonious with it Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Mollerski: if Pruman gets all wet and cold, you can lend him a layer from your back pack and be justifiably sanctimonious with it

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maharishi Admin to the rescue Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I hope you're not being cheeky @Jonpim.

Perhaps if you'd shared the contents of your back pack a little sooner everyone would be a little more cheerful
...or perhaps just anaesthetised
, since clearly many of the occupants of this thread are showing signs of Hypochocolataemia and Toffee Vodka Deficiency.
Wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
telford_mike wrote:
Question for the pro-rucksack brigade:

Do you always take it off before getting on a chairlift? And do you insist that kids do the same?

Tragic story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-34841450

As I mentioned in the thread that's discussing that incident, I don't take mine off but have certainly considered it a lot more. Generally I'll make sure to tidy up all loose straps as I get near the top of the lift.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SnoodyMcFlude, unless the chair is really old and narrow, i keep my backpack on.
But i have been caught on a chair twice by snagging loose straps.
Never a problem as always trip the Safety Gate that stops the lift as it goes round the wheel.
Annoying to other skiers on the lift, but most amusing to friends who then rag me for days afterwards.
(and most of them have tripped that safety gate when rabbiting on so much they've failed to notice they've got to the top)

To get the strap wrapped round your neck must be really unlucky - not sure how it could happen.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I rest my case (or sack).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I can't see the need for a giant backpack, but I always carry a little one for my litre bottle of water, which comes in very handy. I also bung in a spare layer, couple of chocolate bars and some glove liners. That's all Smile

Oh and sometimes a hip flask, just in case it gets REALLY cold Little Angel
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I saw someone with a very snazzy rucksack a few weeks ago out on the slopes.
But I dont think they really needed it out on Hemmel Fridge.
But perhaps they may have needed the sunscreen or the spare gloves or the water.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@DrLawn, did it say ABS on the side? Now that should have impressed you.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi @Steilhang ... I cant remember what it said but it was a serious rucksack with the water tubes and all that.
I didnt notice if it had any climbing ropes attached.
ski holidays
Anyway .. with the Pre Season Bash coming up I've got to find a packing list, does anyone know if there is a good one here on the forum?
snow report
. . .my agent ski lock . . .so I can relax in the knowledge that my precious rossies are secure whilst I sup beer and nosh spag bol at luncheon. . .

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 17-11-15 21:37; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Can of MTFU for when I'm stood at the top of a mogul field.
snow conditions
What is MTFU ?
snow conditions
Carlsberg Special Brew Little Angel
latest report
biddpyat wrote:
What is MTFU ?

Wouldn't know, never needed whatever it is Wink
snow report
biddpyat wrote:
What is MTFU ?

Man The F*ck Up wink

AKA Rule 5 (of The Rules, every hard core skier knows THOSE Blush)
ski holidays
At the moment I stuff pockets and no rucksack, but I have one in the resort that I could take if I needed one. Most single useful object that has actually been used in anger is a Leatherman multi-tool. It fixed a rail binding mount that had decided to suddenly shake itself dangerously loose half way down a run one day and would have caused plenty of aggro and a long, potentially dangerous, walk down if I couldn't have found some way of tightening it. It's the one single item that I don't leave the chalet without.

Well at least no-one said 'duct tape'!
latest report
But, iSnowhead, surely duct tape is a sine qua non Little Angel
latest report
HoneyBunny wrote:
biddpyat wrote:
What is MTFU ?

Man The F*ck Up wink

Well...now you mention them a nice laminated copy of the rules is always handy - for showing others of course.
snow conditions
HoneyBunny wrote:
biddpyat wrote:
What is MTFU ?

Man The F*ck Up wink

ROFL, I thought it was some type of drink, or object. ha ha.
snow report
Quote:

Well at least no-one said 'duct tape'!

That's because we are properly gnarly and store our duct tape wrapped around our poles where it belongs Very Happy
(I don't really but I do tend to have some duct tape on me if I'm going out into the wilds for a long time)
snow report
I must re read the rules. Haven't looked at them for a while, good idea to laminate them, hand them out at resorts. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On a mixed trip, everything but the kitchen sink my wife 'needs'. Of which, 98% is still in the rucksack at the end of the day! I'm sure the weight of it contributes to me ending up in the 'back seat 'sometimes.
On a lads trip, a bottle of water that is too cold to drink so gets carried all day, sometimes several days. And a bag of nuts I never eat either! 😀
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy