Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black Crows or Blizzard? Or something else...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right then; after hours, and hours of research, I've narrowed down my next pair of planks to either the Black Crows Ova OR the Blizzard Latigo. Does anyone have experience with either ski, or thoughts on the better of the two?

I ski probably 70/30 on/off, would describe myself as an 'adventurous intermediate', I'll have a go at getting down pretty much anything and looking to develop my repertoire of skiable terrain. I'm quite big (190cm / 105kg). I want a pair of skis that I can develop to the next level on.

I'd also appreciate any suggestions you may have on other skis?

Thanks in advance

Luke
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've no experience of these skis but they both seem very piste focused (80-85mm underfoot)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you considered the blizzard Brahma? A lot of people really rate them and they are a 70/30 ski. Never skied them myself however Jon from the piste office has a pair (I think??)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@LukeRibs, the brahmas are a very decent ski. I'm 178cms, 95kgs, and loved the Brahmas at 180cms. very versatile on piste. decent qualities OP, ...... If you come across these at less than £300 including bindings ......... please pm.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I ski'd the Blizzard Brahma in a dome, at too short (180) for me (I'm 185 , 105 kg) but was very impressed. Lively, responsive, stiff. The 187 would be the correct size in the wild I think.

I have been thinking about the Latigo but only really strictly as a piste ski and if i run into an piece of soft snow to poach - but have a number of skis (including the Blizzard Bonafide) so I would go to those first for 70/30. So if you really only wanted one ski and would ski 70/30 on /off , then I think Blizzard Brahma is more viable for you - especially if you think you need a little help in variable terrain and snow. If you thought that you would get a more off piste oriented ski one day, then the Latigo would also make sense but Im not sure about it as a genuine one ski answer.

I have no knowledge of the Black Crows.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Weird, you wait for an opinion and then 3 come along at once !! I was busy writing my answer when the others are posting so all answers are individual!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Haha lol Happy we are like buses Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PaulC1984 wrote:

It just looks a bit odd like we are all repeating as well though - mute be sunday evening after the tv has gone boring...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mishmash wrote:
PaulC1984 wrote:

It just looks a bit odd like we are all repeating as well though - mute be sunday evening after the tv has gone boring...

Pfft I'm only on here because the webcams are too green, otherwise I certainly not be bored Wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@mishmash, ........ nahhhhhhhh, the vodkas have been slow!!!!!! Confused
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimastaaah wrote:

Gentle soft glass of claret over here....
Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mishmash wrote:
skimastaaah wrote:

Gentle soft glass of claret over here....
Very Happy

Shut it the pair of you. Ive had to cut out alcohol as I'm getting fat........ rolling eyes

On the flip side, the bashes are coming where I may be known for having a drink or two (hundred), and when your on holiday it doesn't count Blush
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks chaps - much appreciated; the Brahmas are looking good. Hoping someone pops along with an opinion the Ovas - much as I like the graphics on the Blizzard skis, I happen to think the BCs are pretty much the coolest brand on Earth...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@skimastaaah, ex-demo Brahmas here for under £300 (just):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blizzard-Brahma-180-Skis-/321918614934?hash=item4af3d83d96:g:h4kAAOSwLzdWQ7hu&autorefresh=true
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@LukeRibs, comparing the Brahma to the Ova is apples v oranges. At your stats the 2.5 x metal layers in the Brahma's will do it for you. And you definitely need the 187cm length. I'm 175cm/80kg & ski the 180cm.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy