Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2015/16 inc useful links

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Back out here after a month in the UK. Hot and a big storm last night. An instructor friend tells me conditions are good on the glacier with powder day since they opened. Loads of ski clubs race training, mainly Italian but other nationalities too. I've done some hiking and road biking, not sure about skiing although a couple of instructor friends have offered to go with me Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
After a couple of very pleasant warm weeks it's turned very cold. In fact it snowed down to resort yesterday, 14 July Shocked Looking up at mountain this morning there is a clear snow line on Super Diable at about 2400m. Ought to be great on glacier today Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been either Hot, stormy or both. Haven't skied but plenty of hiking, biking, local visits, etc. I've à local guide who's à bit of à slavedriver, 1st date she dragged me 1000m up a mountain. A few shots.

At thé top of Pic St Michel in the Vercors

Cascade de la Pisse below here

Out on the bike Lac Verney above Allemont
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Still been getting around a fair bit. Hiked up Le Grand Som in Chartreuse on Sunday 15km/1230m vertical so long and hard in places. Went with a local friend, she said it was crapahuter (near climbing) in places. Also been to Château de Vizille, Musée de Révolution and gardens. Saturday I visited Musée Dauphinois in Grenoble which includes a very interesting history of skiing exhibition. Weather still the same.

latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Summer season finished just over a week ago. Hardly any tourists about, most shops, bars and restaurants closed but road works a plenty. Weather has been very hot. I've been doing some big hikes, 20km+/1200m+ vertical around here and a few bike rides down in Bourg, biggest 65km/1200m vertical. Recently though lots of work in apartment so getting a bit stir crazy.

Had a day in Chambery which is actually really nice and visits to Lyon and Geneva planned. Managing to get locals to show me around, mainly only french speaking but helping me a lot. Very pleasant ladies to boot Wink Yesterday was the Grande Foire de Boug D'Oisans which was really interesting in a car boot sale sort of way. I was too knackered to stay around for the musical entertainment. Met easiski down there and ended up carrying her bag of swag for her Shocked

Hiking below here

At Lac le Bourget
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Weather starting to change now, much colder and à fair bit of précipitation. Heavy rain in resort but definitely snow on the glacier and down to around 2500m. Had à trip to La Grave yesterday and you can see thé fresh stuff up there Smile Similar here on La Muzelle.

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy