Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2015/16 inc useful links

Poster: A snowHead
Sand did no damage other than looking strange. It happens regularly.

Awful day today, rain below 2500m, snow above and 60kph winds at 3200m. Wouldnt have gone out at all if I hadnt got friends staying.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Weather has continued in a similar vein since Sad Having a few days off probably wont ski until Saturday which looks like a nice day.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Claude B, Yes, not the best is it ? Did not conact you abut a trip over as it seemed pointless to be honest. I am back here next Tuesday for a couple of days so maybe then ? Enjoy Grenoble. It wa 26deg there last Wednesday when I went down !
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's very depressing seeing the green slopes reappear... Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jocrad, I agree but it is April.....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I didn't ski Tués, Wed or Thursday (best day of week) Friday and Saturday we've had inversions with cloud hanging about mid mountain but lovely above, awful to ski back through. As there was à little new snow we went over to La Grave yesterday but inversion there too. Lovely day today. Lower slopes rapidly going now.

La Grave
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Claude B, and over our side of the Lautaret we had a clear sky.

We were touring just up from the Lautaret (see Serre thread) and as we came down so the outer edges of that cloud bank were just rolling over a wee bit and was a tad foggy, but once lower down in the valley clear skies.

Really weird how we never seem to get that type of inversion over this side of the Col ?

And sunny again today here, what's it been like there ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Weathercam, Beautiful day today. Skied 11 to 3.30. Quiet but screwed up slightly as Bellecombes lift closed all days, it's à major link here. Must have been a mechanical I think.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looking brown, lower down . . how is Alpe D'Huez holding up . . ? . . .
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Belch, webcams look v brown lower down in ADH
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Been out and about a bit the last few days, it's been fairly sunny but windy here and elsewhere. On Monday a whole bunch of us drove round to La Grave. Had one decent run down the Chancel side but later the snow on Vallons was awful and we bailed at P2. Yesterday I went to Montgenèvre for the first time with easiski. It was sunny and we found some lovely spring snow. I will definitely go back again next winter. Rest day today, a bit of snow due.

Me on Banane Couloir

Montgenèvre
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gorgeous bluebird powder day Smile sunny all day and there were several inches of new snow higher up Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
48 hours and counting...

Hoping that the heavy rain forecast on Sunday means large amounts of neige above the crêtes, although I'll settle for toura and upward, what with it being April Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Freezing point forecast to be about 2500m for next few days with varying amounts of snow daily Smile Tuesday night looks à bit worrying atm Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's going to get warm... :-/
At station level Happy
ski holidays
It's been warm most of the winter Shocked

Very windy up the mountain yesterday 1 trip to 3200m was enough. Pretty bright and warm though with decent snow still. Today looks similar, heading up soon. 87th skiing day this winter Smile
ski holidays
Awful day yesterday, torrential rain and hail most of the day with a freezing point about 2500m. Was due to go to La Grave with a ski instructor friend today but as a heavy cold restricted me to 3 hours sleep I cried off, I'd have slowed them down when 100% let alone 40 Shocked Instead I went up here about 12 and did a couple of hours, there was a little new snow but lots of wind high, before the weather closed in. It's been snowing lightly in resort late afternoon/early evening.
snow report
We did the punter thing yesterday, had to go all day... Very Happy
Got first dibs from the top of la fée which was rather pleasant, the horizontal hail on the super diable with the kids that afternoon wasn't.
This morning was very nice with blue skies, then it closed in later on.
Tomorrow is going to be epic by all accounts
latest report
@moody_git, Forecast for next couple of days is good. A little fresh too to liven things up Smile
snow conditions
At french classes end of evening soiree last night (which was great) I was invited on an off piste trip to St Chistophe today. The group was me, 2 British ski instructors here and a snowboarder who is a physio here (I might need her in the morning). We started off at the La Grave end of the liason from here 3600m to ski down to St Christophe en Oisans 1475m. After about 45 minutes of great snow we had another 45 minutes of really sketchy traversing followed by a 2 hour hike with skis and boots on our packs. I was on my knees at the end but a great lunch at Le Cordee restaurant helped revive me Very Happy A great day!

ski holidays
You were on the Jandri with my wife and her friends this morning, they were ogling your equipment Happy
My eldest got to go to La Grave with his ski school class this morning too, the lucky so and so. I never had lessons like that.
In the meantime, I had a lazy morning, put a leg of lamb in the oven (a real oven in a resort apartment, luxury) which will still keep us fed at lunchtime tomorrow. I'll have to get my back bottom in gear tomorrow because it's meant to close in again.
snow conditions
moody_git wrote:
You were on the Jandri with my wife and her friends this morning, they were ogling your equipment Happy

Shocked

I was on my Whitedot Director Carbolites. Great for weight walking out but I havent dared look at the bases after only their third day Shocked Nice morning but I'm full of aches think I'll cry off.
ski holidays
Claude B was that with Alex and Ian?
Did you win an award at the french night? I won 'always late for lesson' trophy!
Le cordee is always a cycling stop in summer.

Well done for doing the ski down to St Christophe, maybe I will attempt it next year.

How did you get back from St Christophe to L2A?
ski holidays
@howiet, Yes it was with Alex, Ian and Amy the physio. Alex had left her car at Venosc and as we bumped into Damien Albert at La Cordée he dropped her back there and she took us to Venosc for the lift. Next time I'll do it earlier, the walk was very hard.

No award for me I thought it was a nice evening though Smile
snow conditions
Not great here yesterday, I think I missed the better part of the morning and went up about 11. Chased any decent light around and tried to avoid the very heavy snow below about 2500m. Gave up after a couple of hours. Snowed last night down to about 2000m but vis is poor. I probably wont ski today.
ski holidays
Une mer de nuages yesterday so when I went up about 11 anything below about 2800m was in thé clouds. Glacier was in sun with several inches of fresh. When I came down about 2 there was also some vis lower. Winter has returned overnight, it's very cold with snow down to resort.

Yesterday at 3200m
snow report
Beautiful day yesterday. Sunny, a little fresh overnight and cold keeping the snow in good condition. Really windy and cold at first up high but wind calmed later. Cracking day, looks similar today Smile
snow conditions
We were hoping for something similar to happen to the clouds on Friday, but it didn't really happen. At one point we had to follow the rope down the right hand side of the signal, then they closed the piste Happy silly punters!

If it carries on like that, there'll be more than a few people skinning up the super diable next week.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's been a pretty good week tbh, lots of sunshine, fairly cold and some new snow. Closing day today, forecast is for a sunny morning and a bit of snow this afternoon. As is usual a lot of snow is expected overnight after the lifts have closed.

Not a great season, too warm and not enough snow. Periods of wind and poor vis too. This will be my 97th day on skis though, still a chance of getting on the touring skis next week Smile

I'm hanging around for 3 weeks or so to get some of the jobs done that I've neglected.
snow conditions
. . .was warm end of Jan and really warm in March (kids skiing in baselayers/no gloves at resort level) Hope this doesn't become a theme - good luck for next season!
ski holidays
All done, skied 10 - 2.30 with easiski, my stepson and a french friend. Started nicely but snowing heavily now. Disappointed I couldnt ski back to resort but not surprised as the blue was in an awful state late yesterday.
ski holidays
Typical, it puked down here last night. Near 20cm in resort Shocked
snow conditions
Wow - just seen the cams - resort transformed! How many lifts are open this time of year or is it just the upper glacier . . .?
ski holidays
Nothing open, closed yesterday Sad

From my balcony just now
snow report
. . nuts! When do they open for the 'summer' season skiing . .?
snow report
Not really it was really empty last week, it's just not economical. All of the locals are flooding down to the Med now after working 6/7 days a week for the last 5 months. Summer season starts 18th June.
snow conditions
Perfect skiing conditions here today, blue sky, loads of snow yesterday, but no lifts Sad
latest report
Spring has really sprung this week, it's been really warm and sunny Smile Got the boots and poles out and went hiking 3 days, it's so quiet I didn't see another person on 2 of them (11 & 8kms). Saw a few going down to Venosc and back which is more popular. It's pretty brutal though as it's 700m+ vertical in a 4 mile round trip. Because it's so steep going down is pretty tough too. I stopped off to see easiski down there and she lifted my spirits for the trip back with a cold beer Smile Forecast is for a fair bit of rain for the rest of the week Sad

Lac Chambon from high up on Vallee Blanche

Lunch stop by the Veneon in Venosc

Resort from near top of Petit Aiguille lift
ski holidays
Snowed heavily in resort (1650m) yesterday and it settled down to about 1800m. That's on top of a fair bit in the last week which has fallen as torrential rain in resort. Bodes well for early summer on the glacier.

Done some more hiking (Lac Lauvitel Wednesday), a leg stretcher on my mountain bike which I had to sort out after sitting on my balcony all winter on Tuesday and a great day out in Vienne yesterday. Plenty to do even when the resort is "closed" Smile
ski holidays
Snowed heavily again most of Monday in resort. There has been a lot of snow this month higher up. As I've been getting withdrawal symptoms I took a ride on the gondola during a trip down to Grenoble.

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy