Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2015/16 inc useful links

Poster: A snowHead
Claude - do you know the parking de la passerelle? The ski bus took me past it. Loads of campervans there.
We plan to return in our motorhome next year and that looked like free camping. Which lift is it on if you know it? Is it still part of L2A?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@poppyb, VB is usually OK I know lots closed yesterday so more people there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@poppyb, Is that the campervan park near the resort entrance, I dont know of any others. If so it is near Petite Aiguilles (for main mountain) and Côté (for VB).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just went up for a couple of hours this afternoon. As light was pretty poor I kept low all the time. Did Diable Red and Black but started getting misty that end so did Valentin then down to Mont de Lans then a bit of offpiste above Petite Aiguelles then back via Valentin again. It's snowing again now and forecast to continue to tonight and tomorrow.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The coach park at the entrance to Les Deux Alpes is also an Aire. There is hook up if wanted and water facilities. Toilets are at the entrance. The pay machine took our debit card. €8 I think without electric when we last used it and €12 with. The gendarmes do come round and check. We stayed one night before dropping down to the Champ du Moulin campsite in Venosc.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I arrived 7.30 in the morning and everything was beautifully snowed, starting from well below the village. Then around noon the 0 degree isotherm crept up to 2000m. All the snow turned to a pile of @#!. Lots of ice on the pistes, lots of nothing outside of them... The dump from the forecast for tonight is nowhere to be seen. Hopefully, during the night it will materialise, otherwise it would be a really sorry situation.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think @moridinbg, must be elsewhere Shocked what a load of crap!

The wind got really strong for a while last night but there's been a good healthy dump overnight and it's still falling heavily. Forecast to continue all day which will have given us about a metre since Wednesday. Not a day for skiing but it will be great once it stops Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Took this outside mine this morning, car clearance Luxembourg style Shocked Shows how much we've had this week, not a very sorry situation tbh.

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quality déneigement Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi folks, how come the snow depths reported by the resort have remained the same for weeks?

We are looking at mid April trip and Deux Alpes ticks all the boxes and have kept a close eye on the snow forecast etc.

Deux Alpes seems to have low depths compared to others despite the last three days of snow.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Jacksd2, No shortage of snow here at all. But mid April is à long way off.

Beautiful day today. Bit of an adventure first thing as 4 of us went off piste off the back of Vallée Blanche down to Bons. There was a piste down to there until 10 years ago and the wrecked lift is still there. It was pretty tough for me but enjoyable. The others went to do it again but I had to meet someone. Then I had a couple of hours lapping Diable 12 Black which is lovely as it's never pisted and is little used. Photo is near thé top of thé Bons run.

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Claude B,
That piste and lift line are still marked on Google maps. Isn't modern technology marvellous!

@Jacksd2,
We usually go in mid April, six weeks and counting Happy
The Vallée blanche will be closed and if unlucky with heatwaves between now and then, you might have to download from the Jandri or the eggs. Saying that, everything above the crêtes should still be good enough.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hmm I've skied back to resort the last day of the season the last 2 years, ok a bit of a walk at the end but most of the way down Valentin.

Google Maps still shows the old names for all of the pistes here, they all changed about 5 years ago Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry, I should have been more precise...
If you're a family, you'll be downloading because the only two options are the demoiselles, which is pointless or the valentin, which is awesome in the slush, but not with kids wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@moody_git, @Claude B,

Thanks for the update.

Yeah, not expecting the lower slopes to be open or if they are, in good condition but I'm sure it will be good skiing at higher altitude. Will book soon...
latest report
There is now à blue, new this season, with snowmaking, back down. Wait and see Happy Shocked
snow conditions
Hows the snow holding up Claude . . ? 9 sleeps to go pour moi!
snow report
Snow is still good although I dont think too much is forecast.

Played with the touring set up today and skinned over to La Grave for lunch, hard work but enjoyable. Another photo of me at resto at La Grave 3200 with tea cosy on head Happy

ski holidays
What a fantastic day, blue sky and great snow, spring is on the way Happy Went up just after 11 and met a couple of friends for a piste cruising day. Had a crêpe stop at Chalet de la Fée and a quick beer at Diable au Coeur happy hour (below). Came back down Diable black which was almost spring snow Happy

ski holidays
. . .can you define the snow? Corn and/or slushy?
snow conditions
Only soft on home runs and not at all slushy, lovely in fact Happy
snow report
Looks like there's more snow for Weds/Thurs next week . . .if the remaining snow stays as you describe we'll be spoilt! Very Happy
snow report
Another great day yesterday with the 4 guys who teamed up to come over plus a mate of mine. Just to finish their week their last 3 runs were Valentin black (beautiful), Super Diable Black (mogul fest) and Diable Black back to resort Happy

A bit misty this end of resort but sunny up the mountain. Think I'll just do a couple of hours around lunchtime today.
ski holidays
Claude B wrote:
Think I'll just do a couple of hours around lunchtime today.

. . .lol, you are a lucky sod
snow conditions
Claude B wrote:
Another great day yesterday with the 4 guys who teamed up to come over plus a mate of mine. Just to finish their week their last 3 runs were Valentin black (beautiful), Super Diable Black (mogul fest) and Diable Black back to resort Happy

A bit misty this end of resort but sunny up the mountain. Think I'll just do a couple of hours around lunchtime today.

Ha Ha I'll say, what a fantastic week we have experienced in L2A with you, Colin, Keith & Steve - you are all great ambassadors for a resort which IMO has got to satisfy all/most skiers Madeye-Smiley

Yesterday was a blast snowHead

Till next time & enjoy the rest of the season Razz
snow conditions
@Belch, wink I know, and that's what I did. Skied hard in the sun for a couple of hours then watched the football (wished I hadn't).
ski holidays
It's snowing here this morning and the visibility is poor. Good day to take a rest and get à few things done. Snow is welcome though.
snow report
It's been wall to wall sunshine here since and getting warmer. I met up with a few sH:s I know in Serre Chevalier yesterday, lovely weather, lovely snow and lovely company Happy I will take advantage of the quiet Saturday slopes today, nice slide and long lunch in the sunshine.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was really warm and sunny yesterday and fairly busy for a Saturday. I think a lot of locals were out playing, there were a lot of ESF uniforms avec familles in the resto I had lunch. Snow still great although the Diable black was really heavy when I came back down about 4.30.

After 2 days of strong sun I'm feeling a bit "heady" so I'm having a day off, it's been a mixture of sun and cloud today. A mate is cooking rosbif to celebrate the rosbif victory this afternoon, only 3 of us and the one welshman will get some stick Happy

Happy hour at Diable au Coeur was far quieter than the slopes
snow report
Spring has really arrived, it's been very hot and the lower slopes are getting very slushy. Still great snow higher though and nothing to worry about. Forecast is for a reasonable amount of snow Sunday with a bit more early next week. It's welcome but we'll see. Mer de nuage (sea of clouds) today so thick fog in resort but clear up the mountain which will probably confuse many.

A couple of friends went on a marathon tour last Saturday from Chazelet near to La Grave, 4½ hours skinning followed by an hour bootpacking along a ridge (which looked seriously scary) gave them an hours descent back on completely untouched powder. They also saw all sorts of wildlife inc a herd of about 40 chamois. Looked epic Happy Apparently one of the locals skied (obviously after climbing it) La Muzelle that day too Shocked
ski holidays
It wasnt actually very nice Wednesday with a great big cloud hanging around covering much of the mountain. Skiing through it was horrible. Thursday was warm and sunny and I had a day off yesterday which was dull with snow all afternoon. Today should be sunny before a few days of snow with a reasonable amount due tomorrow.

Mer de nuages from Wednesday
snow conditions
Hi Colin . . .good to meet you (albeit randomly in the pub Very Happy) . . .your fame precedes you. Kids/missus had a great week - def considering L2A for next seasons family outing already as it is the perfect all round location. . .
snow conditions
@Belch, Nice to meet you and Mrs Belch, you had a good week for weather Happy

Beautiful sunny day yesterday and I had 4 leisurely hours up the mountain with a couple of friends, but today is totally opposite with fog and some snow. Looks as if there could be a fair bit of that this week.

In my efforts to be even more eclectic I've just booked tickets to see an Argentinian underground Latino singer La Yegros in Grenoble next week, going with someone from the city, she's into that sort of thing Shocked Should be fun although my Spanish is non-existent and I suspect I'll need my dancing shoes on Happy
snow report
A week back and I'm in need of another holiday already - been off work sick since my return with some strange french mountain/avian swine flu . . . !
latest report
@Belch, Sad

Hasn't been thé greatest of weeks. Has been very warm, windy or whatever most days. Lower slopes really receding and there have been a lot of wet slides with sudden piste closures and blasting. Also had à lot of Saharan Sand dumped turning the snow Brown. Still 4 more weeks though.
latest report
@Claude B, Much the same here in Alpe d'Huez. Just about complete closure one day and not a lot open yeserday. It may be my memory but I do not seem to remember this happening in the past so often and now each time a new lift is built they are saying it is more wind resistant than the old one.
Was going to have a trip over but have not contacted you mainly because of the weather. Maybe next week ?
snow report
@skitow, I'll be here except Wednesday and Thursday.
ski holidays
@Claude B, OK great. Just hope for a bit of sun Monday or Tuesday then, we are leaving Thursday. Will be in touch.

By the way did you get to Col d'Ornon before it closed ?
ski holidays
@skitow, OK. No didnt make it again.

Looks like today is very similar to yesterday, think it will be closed above 2600m.
snow report
. . .looks like we lucked out on timings then - had noticed the saharan sand during my week . . .possibly more damaging than rain?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy