Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dad and toddler skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I really want to take my 4 year old son skiing this season. My wife isn't that interested in skiing so I'm used to going with friends and had a couple of solo holidays. What I'm looking for now is another parent in a similar situation looking to ski just them and their little one.

Idea is to have him do an hour or two ski lesson each day plus a couple of hours childcare while I ski in the morning and then we spend afternoon together doing other pares fun stuff together.

Anyone looking to do same thing want to share cost of apartment/nanny etc? Would prefer a January holiday (he isn't in school yet) and France but can be flexible.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Use a family ski company like Espirt or Ski Famille. If you were hurt you can trust them to look after your son, rather than messing up the whole holiday.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 Esprit very good. Especially off peak in a Chalet Hotel- lot soy last minute 1 adult 1 child offers, + child care of lunches, + other kids for messing about with + other parents.

I did this several times with my eldest child (when Mrs Ed pregnant / other kids vv small)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I also recommend Esprit. Our daughter is an only child and she loved the company of the other kids.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@headtothehill, another vote for Esprit and last minute being just the two of you means that and odd room left in the accommodation to fill isn't any good for a family of 2 + 2/3 children. When we have gone with esprit there had always been a few other solo parent travellers (we have favoured the larger chalet hotels).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@headtothehill, apart from the first holiday, when my wife came along, for many years I used Esprit when there was only myself and my daughter. It always worked very well. We haven't been with them for the last 3 years a since Hannah went to high school but I can't imagine much will have changed. Your kid will love the gunging they give an unfortunate member of staff at the end of each week.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Guess who I'll vote up too... Espirit. We've been going with them with our two for the whole time we've had them and they love it. Both started taking proper(ish) lessons from 4 so the timing is right. The staff are great and it'll let you relax knowing that Jnr is being well looked after.

As an alternative, we also went with Family Friendly Skiing last year and had a really good experience with them too. With them, we went on the Eurostar as it make the transfers easier. We're going with them again this year for a second cheeky trip in Easter. Which makes another point - When you're planning your trip bear in mind that a long transfer up a winding mountain road can have messy results with a wee'un on your lap...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@headtothehill, another + 1 for Esprit in your situation! You will get a really good 1 adult + 1 child deal with them on low season dates!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yep, Esprit. They do quite a few good deals for 1 Parent & 1 Child
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yet another vote for a family-friendly operator. More fun for you both. snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks everyone - not all that often you find such consensus on an Internet forum!! I will get in touch with Espirit today,
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@headtothehill, you may be a little early for the good last minute January prices so don't be afraid to hold of booking for a few more weeks or so.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Saying that there are some up for 15th/16th

http://www.espritski.com/deals-now/latest-deals/?pa=1&country=0&resort=0&airport=0&chalet_types=&max_occ=&dates=20160116_20160117&sort=title&sort_type=ASC&
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@headtothehill, yes, Esprit get my vote too, after many happy holidays with them. I agree with NickyJ, in January you can usually get some good late booking deals. A big benefit is you can see where has best snow and weather prospects. With a 4 year old I'd personally hang on until March, when daylight longer and temperatures usually (though not always) warmer. Better still, go twice, for less than the cost of one Feb half term holiday!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy