Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buy in Tignes or La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
ringingmaster wrote:
HoneyBunny wrote:
Is it this one? If so, will you be my friend and can I come to stay please?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-33343785.html

I would choose Tignes all day long.

That is truly hideous. Any why would HDR estate agents photos?

That is one of the most disgusting homes I have ever looked at. Also, the effort levels on that listing... pictures 7 is a screenshot and says "preview" on it. Nice.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Okay some of the decor isn't great but to say that is one of the most disgusting homes you have ever looked at; god you must've lived a charmed life!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Plagne apt not liked at all.

Whole building is very tatty-I can see big bills coming.

Les Brev is lovely, just refurbished, and building is in a very good state of repair.

Going back in the morning for a second look. Might try to get a deal that we can use it this winter while the deal goes through (owners are in Australia, and are not coming back).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Philip1972, very useful to have had such clear reactions to the two properties. snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Philip1972, though a La Plagne Fan, i reckon you've probably made the right decision
Bellecote is about as misnamed as you can get - Beautiful it is not.
Ugly buildings, few decent views.
And some of the apartment blocks are getting very old, with possibility of expensive renovation ( as you suspected).
Les Brev it is. snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
TBH for a keen skier I would struggle to make the argument for LP over Tignes. Think LP is good for young families but Tignes is pretty good too. Perhaps a bit bleaker early season.
I don't really buy the argument for the shorter drive - I don't think either are particularly good from an accessibility point of view. We rejected both on transfer time from an airport with a good schedule - ability to collect the kids after school and be in our place that night was an important consideration for us.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Philip1972, good news!!

@Dunny#1, blimey it's not that bad. If you're loaded enough to buy the place you can put whatever furniture you like in, you don't have to keep the blinging table football game etc

If someone gave it to me, I wouldn't give it back!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ringingmaster wrote:

That is truly hideous. Any why would HDR estate agents photos?

With that interior it's entirely possible the property looks better to us all in HDR, but I'm guessing the target demographic thinks it does (or sees in HDR all the time, for whatever reason.)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Deal done. Negotisted 9% off, sole use of apt free until purchase complete.

Seen Notaire, done the start of the paperwork, been and opened bank account.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Philip1972, Very Happy Congrats!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Philip1972, congrats!! When can we all visit?? Wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Philip1972, Nice
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
HoneyBunny is right: all those who contributed here before the deal are clearly entitled to visit and imbibe the contents of your drink cabinet, Philip1972 Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lol, soon as its mine there will be a party, dont worry!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Congratulations. snowHead Keep posting about your progress!
snow report
but maybe on the Chalets board? Not meaning to be arsey, just a suggestion Very Happy
ski holidays
@Philip1972, Welcome to the sH Tignes Owners Club - a small but highly select band of people!

As soon as its yours don't forget to register at the Proprietors Office for your benefits - more details available on Tignes.net 'Owners Area'.

Don't be backward in coming forward by PM if you need recommendations for tradesmen, pubs - well anything really. Very Happy
snow conditions
@chocksaway, Thanks for that. Just got back home and have been on the phone all day with mortgage people lol. Its hard work isn't it (as you all said above!!)

I think its going to be frustrating, but I will just have to try to be patient!

Regarding renovation, the current owners did it earlier this year in full, and the only issue is one of the balcony struts is broken. The agent said he would get his carpenter to do that before the sale goes through and the current owners will pay.

Now I am on the hunt for a corner sofa, that's a bed and has storage!

Phew Shocked
latest report
chocksaway wrote:
@Philip1972, Welcome to the sH Tignes Owners Club - a small but highly select band of people!

As soon as its yours don't forget to register at the Proprietors Office for your benefits - more details available on Tignes.net 'Owners Area'.

Don't be backward in coming forward by PM if you need recommendations for tradesmen, pubs - well anything really. Very Happy

+1

Whatever furniture you buy, make sure it will fit in the lift or go up the stairwell!
ski holidays
@Tigski, That worried me too.

However, the lovely agent chap said he would get his boys to pop it over the balcony and in the patio doors! Cant grumble about that.

Only on the 1st floor thank goodness.
latest report
Quote:

Whatever furniture you buy, make sure it will fit in the lift or go up the stairwell!

And the internal door you have fitted to your newly built porch................. Shocked

As for furniture Meubles Pin (one in Albertville and one between Al and Moutiers) have lots of innovative stuff for apartments. Used them a lot.
latest report
Philip1972 wrote:
@chocksaway

Now I am on the hunt for a corner sofa, that's a bed and has storage!

Phew Shocked

IKEA or failing that Alinea or But job done Happy
ski holidays
Well, all the money is ready to transfer, so will be sent early next week. Hoping to get over on the 28th of a weekend to collect the keys and do a couple of days skiing.

To say I am excited is an understatement. I seem to have retarded into a child Very Happy

I showed the wife the apt last week (we stayed in a catered chalet for a week) and even she likes it. Happy days.
snow conditions
@Philip1972, And there is now more snow than the resort knows what to do with!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy