Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

storing ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As a new owner of ski boots (for the first time), can the wise ones out there please answer a question i should have asked in the ski shop - what is the correct way to store boots from season to season to make sure that they stay in the best possible shape (open/closed, warm/cool/cold temps etc.)

thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Store them closed otherwise the plastic will straighten before you use them for the next season. Alos make sure the inners are dry or else they will rot. As for where I store mine in a boot back in a cupboard in my house
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
doogo, closed but I don't think temps matter too much, mine live in a cold ski room in our chalet most of the time.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You may also want to remove the liners from one season to the next.
Like most good things, keep them in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and sources of heat. (i.e. don't set them on a radiator at the window.
I keep mine in my ski cupboard, which is in my office.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
don't store them in the loft, it can get very hot up in the loft if we have a hot spell during the summer.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
doogo,

the best way to store boots is with the liners in the shell, the shell clipped loosely and in a stable temperature, room temperature is fine,away from direct sun light. Before storing them make sure that the liner is fully dry, you can remove the liners for a day or two to dry them, but them make sure that they are in the shell for long term storage, the liner requires the shell as an exoskeleton to keep its shape. without the support of the shell it may not fit your foot as well next season.

as others have said avoid the loft and the garage, mice love ski boot liners Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
guys,
thanks for all your good advice
d
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy