Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

half term driving vs flying costs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Go to your browser's settings, clear cache. Try looking at the prices again. You can thank me later...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pam

I have bought a Zafira this year and will be traveling to Austria in it. I'll get some winter tyres in January, but can I ask about chains?

Do you put them on 4 wheels or just the fronts? The Zafira manual says they shouldn't be used on the rears.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Drammeister, just on the driving wheels, which in the case of the Zafira are the front wheels. The tyres are a very standard size, so no problem getting chains. Might be worth looking at a good company website - not all chains are created equal and generally the more expensive ones will be stronger and easier to put on (and take off!). If you are going to get winter tyres, might as well get them now - they are better for the winter in UK too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Pam,

I would normally have winter tyres on by now. It's just a matter of cash flow!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Driving from Norwich to French Alps costs us about £400 ish return. We take the ferry, as it's cheaper and gives us a bit of a rest. We aim for a midnight-2 am ish ferry and drive through the night. Lunch in resort before we get into the accommodation. No hotel needed, works great with kids as they just sleep till breakfast :0). If I have a late night on Thursday night, and a sleep Friday afternoon, it works a treat with 2 drivers.

Ferry costs about £100-£120 ish depending on when we get around to booking it.

Fuel not too bad, 04 old style zafira here. No truck needed as we can fit 2 adults, 2 teenagers, luggage for 4, 4 pairs of skis plus boots and 2 snowboards plus boots IN the car. Don't even need a roof box.

I do love that car. Sling on some winter tyres and she's good to go.

Not sure how you get to £800 for driving.... Hotel I suppose...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy