Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with Demons, empathetically, vicariously, anyway.

Poster: A snowHead
@ousekjarr, Cheers, I appreciate your help.

The good news for those who have received books from the first print run, is that they will have a 'limited edition' copy on their shelves Happy

One day in my fantasy world, they might even be a collectors item.

(FYI: The last of the pre-orders were posted yesterday)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skiingwithdemons, Just ordered one now and it has compelled me to speed read SWD1 again before it arrives wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got my collectors item wink Been put away as planned until our trip in March. Maybe I should never open it..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ClanChief, Cheers - got the order, thanks. There will now be few days delay before I get some of the next 'corrected' batch.
- unless you want the very special eddtion Happy

@endoman, will post you the missing words from page 203 Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Received my copy of SWD III today Chris - thank you.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@skiingwithdemons, thank you, I received my copy of the special first edition today and am currently considering whether deferred gratification has anything to offer - I probably won't be able to hold out for too long though as I made the mistake of opening the envelope.

Would you be able to send/PM me the missing part of page 203 also?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@motyl, @endoman,

Well, SWD3 2nd edition (or the @ousekjarr edition, as I'm calling it) arrives tomorrow.

For those with the 'Special Edition', who feel the need, please print the below words out and stick them over page 203.

I've got 26 of Edition 1 left in my study - I'm tempted to have a bonfire, it might make a good photo shoot (Fahrenheit 451) ?!

Page 203 STARTS

reach. I just sat there, panting and watching the vampire glide back into the mist.

I pushed on to the summit wondering if the encounter had only taken place in my mind.When I got to the top, I took a selfie with the summit cairn, and congratulated my foot, my leg and my lungs.
Instead of pressing on to the Dodd, I decide that ‘a summit in hand, was worth two in the mist’ and headed directly down to the Helvellyn Youth Hostel for a cup of tea.The descent was easy and, a couple of hours later, I walked into the hostel triumphantly, only to find my Transylvanian beauty serving behind the counter.

I asked if she had been on the fells that morning. She said ‘yes’ and that there had been a creepy old man slumped over a cairn ‘sweating like a rapist in court’! So she had given him a wide berth. I remained incognito.

That encounter meant I’d never forget my return to the fells after injury – and why I’ve added a cross and some garlic to my list of survival gear.

The weather improved for the rest of my trip and several more summits were ticked off my list. I returned to Sutton Coldfield physically exhausted but mentally refreshed. My ability to continue my summer passion had been restored – I was back in the peak bagging business.

ENDS

@ousekjarr - ta, for the review. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I thought it was just me (or too much red wine) getting confused about the vampire on the fell Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ta, shall print it and save for March!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@skiingwithdemons, thank you - I'm looking forward to reading this and I'm absolutely certain I won't be disappointed.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Aha! The 203 mystery resolved.

Finished it last night.

The best one yet, bravo @skiingwithdemons.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@UkuleleDave, you would say that, being one of the featured artistes... wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ousekjarr, ah the price of fame! I can't walk in to a chat forum without being recognised these days Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers @UkuleleDave, I think it's my best work too. Shame folks will have to waid through SWD2 first.

@ousekjarr, Sorry to hear about your horrific skiing accident - brings a new meaning to "falling on your own blade".

Although, I'm bit worried that everyone who reads SWD3, will cut their leg this season.
- given the printing fiasco, perhaps SWD3 is cursed?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just ordered, hopeful that royal mail will deliver before the big guy drops down the chimney Toofy Grin rolling eyes
latest report
Had SWD1 sitting about fo a while & never had time, I flew out this morning for a cheeky 4 days with youngest & new evenings were going to be quite so chucked it in case, it’s brilliant & so true
ski holidays
@michaelbury17, posted 1st class today - fingers crossed.
@Jonny996, Cheers. An Amazon or Goodreads review is always appreciated Happy

( NB: you don't need to have buy an item from Amazon to leave a review).
ski holidays
Got it as an early Christmas present, will be some nice bedtime reading over the festive season. Shame there'll never be a #4.

That injury sounds horrible!
snow report
SWD3 is going down well here. I’m just waiting for my chance to read it. Hopefully she’ll have finished it by the time we depart for Tignes on the 26th.
ski holidays
@HoneyBunny, should help you get to sleep!
There will be other books, but as @ousekjarr pointed out:

'There IS only so much mileage a middle-aged man can get out of skiing and driving an unreliable vehicle'

@RobH2017, For those, about to ski Tignes in December, we salute you.

Happy Xmas everyone - see you on the slopes and in the bars.
Twisted Evil
ski holidays
@skiingwithdemons, Thank you just finished the book, very enjoyable as were the others, you need to write another one !!
snow conditions
@skiingwithdemons, that wasn’t actually what I said - I posed the question, and concluded that the answer was “lots”...
snow conditions
Finished it today, a very entertaining read thank you! Didn't realise @UkuleleDave was on here as well - congrats to you on passing your course.

Some genuine LOL moments throughout.

Had to resurrect this thread as I wanted to know what happened with the vampire and I remembered the corrected page had been posted.

I particularly enjoyed the Val d'Isere/Tignes section as that's the ski area I know best. Which hotel(s) were you in?? I'm guessing the long off-piste run you did into Brev was the Vallon de la Sache?

ps: other than the vampire bit, the main mistakes I spotted were "where" being used instead of "were" all the time - and the breaks/brakes one already pointed out.
latest report
@skiingwithdemons, Christian / James Laughing Just finished SWD III. Great to 'see you' fully recovered. Really enjoyed the book. Nice to know your new job as a sparky is working out well!
snow report
Thanks @HoneyBunny, "Christian" you have my attention - am I in trouble?

Glad you had a couple of LOLs - the best advertisement a book can have.
- I'm a little short of Amazon reviews, if you have the time ?

It might have been Vallon de la Sache route - we're talking about the one that end up by the Dam - right?
The problem with following a real guide is you often have no idea where you are. I studied the piste map posthumously, but decided to leave the route unnamed.

Thanks @boredsurfin. My recovery was swift and exemplary.
Some reviewers think this was unfortunate, because it removed drama from the narrative Happy . As usual, most of the drama was in my head.

Off to Saas Fee next Saturday for some Ski Club of Great Britain 'Repping' - absolutely no idea how that's going to workout.
snow report
@skiingwithdemons,
Quote:
Off to Saas Fee next Saturday for some Ski Club of Great Britain 'Repping' - absolutely no idea how that's going to workout.

Do let us know... Don't want to think all that effort for you to be retested was wasted Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Haha, I realised after reading the comment about girlfriend skiiing that I'd actually read your first book, didn't realise there were others which I will now be buying as really enjoyed the first one. We're heading out to our apartment on Friday for a spot of girlfriend skiing but skiing in Verbier on Monday and he's refusing to do the Mont Fort black with me, yet complains that we have to stop for a vin chaud at 10am. I don't get it!
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, Tar for the glowing Amazon review. Boosted my mood.
Only 3 so far, but I guess folks are still reading - or deliberately remaining silent.
Someone is bound to pile in with a one star review and a slag-off before too long, so it's good to have some 5 stars in the bank.
- However SWD3 is less narcissist, fascist, jingoistic, ageist and sexist - you got to move with the times.

@AllyK, It was christening the term "Girlfriend Skiing" that got me into all that trouble with the feminazis.
Sound like you are actually doing "Boyfriend Skiing" in Verbier - the term in defined in SWD2.

Although "vin chaud at 10am" is a little hardcore Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@skiingwithdemons, “Girlfriend “ skiing in full use here in Serre Che Very Happy
ski holidays
Just bought the 2nd and 3rd book @skiingwithdemons - can't wait to find out what boyfriend skiing is! Puzzled
snow conditions
Chris's latest blog is both emotional and amusing, as he too now is living with the demons of Covid-19, with his intensive care consultant wife bravely battling on the NHS front line while he fights for sofa dominance at home with the Labrador...

https://stylealtitude.com/ski-blog-lockdown-uk-chris-tomlinson.html
ski holidays
Thanks @Weathercam,

I emailed the blog to Style Altitude, on Easter Sunday, just before Dr Debs developed a temperature and a cough (sound of klaxons).
- we locked her in a room and summoned up a C19 test kit. 48 hours later the result came back - negative (sound of deep exhalation) .
Longest 48 hours of my life!

Bloody silly time to develop a cough Happy
snow conditions
@skiingwithdemons, think you both deserve a decent bottle of wine to get over that trauma Cool
latest report
"Life at the moment is a puzzle for Skiing With Demons author, Chris Tomlinson facing the real demons of Covid-19. When his ICU consultant wife becomes unwell he goes to pieces..."

https://www.stylealtitude.com/week-5-lockdown-ski-blog-chris-tomlinson.html

"If I can’t go to the mountains then the mountains will have to come to me" Little Angel
ski holidays
Wow, I'm surprised your sphincter held out on that one - I'm glad to hear you both survived that nasty experience. The dog must be getting a bit of complex though, as it seems to get the blame for just about everything Embarassed
ski holidays
Thanks @ousekjarr, all back to the new normal now thanks.

After Dr Debs tested negative, I was looking forward to sleeping in the marital bed safe in the knowledge that she hadn't been exposed to infection since. Then she tells me, "the test is only 70% accurate you know!"
snow report
The ever-chilled Skiing With Demons, Chris Tomlinson on lockdown in the UK is now facing the Fridge of Life and assessing his own sell-by date during his mid-to-late life coronavirus crisis...

Latest blog:

https://www.stylealtitude.com/lockdown-ski-blog-chris-tomlinson.html
ski holidays
Great blog Chris, enjoyed reading that.
ski holidays
Cheers @Layne, I really must start writing about skiing again.
latest report
skiingwithdemons wrote:
Cheers @Layne, I really must start writing about skiing again.

Well, we'd all love to do that Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy