Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with Demons, empathetically, vicariously, anyway.

Poster: A snowHead
Would be interested to hear your views on the French kicking out the SCGB (and anyone else not wearing stripy blue shirts and onions), as I could see that looming in the book through all the hard work you were doing to get your coveted blue jacket.

- or is that stealing a chapter from SWD2?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
p.s. you may have already had these edits - but I think a couple of "Skies" should be "Skis"
Sorry, didn't note the pages and I'm not going to read it again to find them (smiley face) - a quick CTRL+F should locate them
And I think there was a "your" instead of "you're" (but you'll never find that)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ajdetpwm, I'm trying to work out how to do a season AND keep my wife. skiingwithdemons made me look for other ski related books and I'm currently reading War and Piste. I could do that - be a ski rep. But I couldn't live in that sort of squalor. And skiingwithdemons sounds just too busy. So I'm still looking.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @skiingwithdemons, I was wondering if you would kindly sign my copy too, please? Very Happy I am going to buy 2 copies - one for myself and one for a friend as well. No one I know has the book so I'm going off online reviews... Thank you! snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ajdetpwm wrote:
Given the book as a present by my sister at Sunday lunchtime, finished it Tuesday evening (having popped in for a bit of work on Mon & Tues).
Loved it (well, most of it!)

A season as a 22 year old.
Then the usual: job, lovely wife (which I'm clinging onto), kids....
Now a 47 year old bloke with over 40 weeks under the skis.

Have been forming very early stages of a plan to return for a season (or more), when the kids go - maybe this is the final bit of inspiration I need, let's see

Thanks

At what age do the kids go nowadays?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, that is an excellent question which we have also been mulling.
I think we have decided after U6 will suffice ( morally), thereafter we just need to ensure that we leave sufficient food in the automated cat feeder for them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ajdetpwm, Sorry for long delay in responding. Not much time for online chatting during ski season. Now, Season 6 is over, I back in the UK looking at a long, long summer. Yes - I got the the "skies/skis" mistakes listed for the reprint. I've dug my editor up shot him again and put him back in his grave.

YES - It's real pain , finally own a Blue Jacket and it gets banned in France. There seems to be some legal progress in the dispute with the ESF and notably the discovery of a French version of the Club, happily fielding Leaders who are not qualified by French standards. But, no doubt it will bubble along for years to come. I did get a gig in Laax and hope to get more next season, the allocation process starts next month. Of course I might be persona non grata if they have read SWD1. If not, I will cover the saga in SWD2, that should do the job!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@henzerani, Being a Ski Bum AND keeping your wife - tricky one. Not sure I exactly live in squalor. This season I upgrade from a garage to a laundry room and more than often had a spare guest room to sleep in, although I found it hard to sleep without the hum of a tumble dryer. I read War & Piste and enjoyed it. More of a seasonaire type experience than SWD, then Alex Thomas is a bit younger than me and reportedly her book is work of fiction.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ajdetpwm, Glad you "loved it" - mostly. Let me know which bits you didn't. You're a bit hampered by having kids, and the cat feeder idea would probably be frowned on by the NSPCC - unless you're a family of cats. I know families who have up-sticks to live-the-dream. Although , best make sure it's everyone dream 1st.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
FYI - new blog post on SWD website:

By Land Rover standards my 6th retreat from the Alps carrying wine, cheese and canned duck, was uneventful.

The driver’s door partially fell off while crossing a particularly vertiginous viaduct and we did leave a trail of diesel from Morzine to the Channel but, apart from that, Landie behaved herself. Mind you, I have replaced so many of her parts now (some twice) I’m thinking of renaming her ‘Trigger’s broom’. https://skiingwithdemons.com/2016/04/17/wine-run-6-triggers-broom/
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@skiingwithdemons, I recently finished your book and thoroughly enjoyed it. I confess to literally laughing out loud at a couple of spots and will be getting volume 2 when (if) you get round to writing it.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers @Ray Zorro, LOLs are the highest compliment. I'm trying to complete SWD2 but under a lot of pressure to get a proper job.

Convincing Dr Debs writing IS a proper job is proving difficult. Also I've got "the difficult 2nd album" problem.
- I don't want it to be rubbish. Will keep you posted.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
https://skiingwithdemons.com/2016/07/28/craggy-island-drinking-tea-with-demons/
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@henzerani - ta. Craggy Island did inspire me and I have made some good progress on the next book.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skiingwithdemons wrote:
Skiing With More Demons (or whatever I decide to call it) is still on course for release in October

oooo That's going on my Christmas list!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Very much looking forward to episode 2 (potential title the ESF Strike Back?).
snow report
@wills_h, "ESF Strikes Back" - maybe. But it wouldn't reflect the content of the book (so far). However, I could then have a third book called "Return of the BASi"

Currently going with: "Chairlift Philosophy - Existentialism and the Art of Land Rover Maintenance"

The main theme is that a midlife crisis has turned into an existential one.
I also address the big philosophical question that man has yet to answer, "Is boarding better than skiing?"

Before you cross it off your Xmas list @letsgetpiste, there are lots of skiing/drinking anecdotes in it too.

I might post a synopsis and put the title out to SHs for a vote ?

About 10 chapters short of an actual book right now. But f**k it - I'm off to the cricket tomorrow.
snow conditions
skiingwithdemons wrote:

I might post a synopsis and put the title out to SHs for a vote ?

Excellent idea, I'm already looking forward to your new book entitled "Booky McSkibook"
ski holidays
Tubaski wrote:

Excellent idea, I'm already looking forward to your new book entitled "Booky McSkibook"

I have a feeling that if his book were to make as much money as "RRS Boaty McBoatface" is worth... Chris wouldn't fight you!!
snow report
Tubaski wrote:
Booky McSkibook
+1 Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@skiingwithdemons, Just finished reading your book. Your observational humour is brilliant. Highly recommended. Sorry, I had already purchased via amazon Neutral
snow conditions
Hello - I'm back. Anybody there ?

The Bloody Book II is finished and on-track for publication early December.

Meanwhile - if you fancy skiing in Morzine with me (demons optional) drop me a line.
- I promise not to write about you and I won't make you ski The Wall.

https://skiingwithdemons.com/2016/11/01/season-7-fancy-skiing-with-demons/

Cheers @skiingwithdemons
ski holidays
Are you still fetishising the tea-club?
snow conditions
princeeliot wrote:
I haven't read skiing with demons yet, but a book called the 'morzine chalet project' was quite entertaining. Jacking it all in to be a ski bum esc read 😄

It's the same book...

(i dont know if I'm being trolled, but I couldn't resist replying...)
snow conditions
This is a great book, read it towards the back end of last season and had a good few chortles. My apres aliens were pretty bad the last two years 😆
ski holidays
@Richard_Sideways, "fetishising" - I didn't know "fetish" had a present participle.
I do however still champion "proper" Tea, especially if it's from the great tea Fields of Yorkshire.

@Billski,
Working title
Bloody Book I = 'Skiing With Demons - The Morzine Chalet Project' - apparently an entertaining read.
Bloody Book II = 'Skiing With Demons - The Agents of Entropy' - yet to be published. Hopefully an equally entertaining read.

Hope that clears it up.
@princeeliot - ta.
latest report
This looks awesome. I shall purchase it immediately
latest report
@Mac22, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mac22, forgot to mention - if you buy from www.skiingwithdemons.com (using paypal) I'll post a signed copy. But you'll need to reveal your real name. Cheers Chris
snow report
@skiingwithdemons, I'll put in my pre order for the new one!
snow report
Just put it on my Christmas list Very Happy
ski holidays
I'll definitely buy the sequel, I really enjoyed Part 1.

Shame I can't come to Morzine for the full experience!
latest report
Any news on a Kindle release date? Paper is so last century, daarlink... wink
snow report
@ousekjarr, Not sure. Probably just before Xmas. I've had some problems with pirates nicking SWD and am thinking of publishing my MOBI with DRM this time. Being from the last century, I have no idea what that means.
snow report
@skiingwithdemons, Just finished your book, loved it. Well done. Looking forward to the sequel.
ski holidays
got the Kindle version, was an entertaining read.
ski holidays
Thanks @jubnut, You won't have to wait long. 'Skiing With Demons II - The Agents of Entropy' has just gone off to the printers!

Come and stay at the chalet - I still have rooms free this Jan? www.myskifriends.com

- now I'm going to get seriously drunk. Where are those Apres Aliens when you need them?

snow conditions
Excellent read.
snow conditions
cheers @CAPTA1N P - glad you liked it.
If you have time, a review on Amazon would be really appreciated
https://www.amazon.co.uk/books/dp/1909644668/?tag=amz07b-21
snow conditions
@CAPTA1N P, thanks for the great review.

"Picked up this book after many favorable reviews on the ski forum, Snowheads. Thoroughly enjoyable book following a middle aged man's adventures in Morzine, as well as summers waiting for the season to start again. Can't see how any skiers, or mountain lovers would fail to enjoy this book, and most snow-lovers would certainly recognise many of the musings of the author. 5 Stars for sure and really looking forward to the next installment."
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy