Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with Demons, empathetically, vicariously, anyway.

Poster: A snowHead
No I'm working away this week @skiingwithdemons, I'll order via the link and pick up a copy in Morz rather than give more money to my tax-fluid chums at Amazon Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Nadenoodlee, of course you can buy from any bookshop - but only shops in Morzine carry stocks.
Hers a list of stockists in Zine http://skiingwithdemons.com/stockists/ Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @Themasterpiece, No kids does help, your right, although I seem to have adopted 2 - doh!
Midlife starts when you find yourself listening to Radio 4.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
.@Nadenoodlee, amen to that brother. Of the £11.99 Amazon take they give me £3.87.
Order on my website and I'll hand-deliver you one next week - any possibly buy you a beer.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@HoneyBunny, cheers - let me know what you think.

@CaravanSkier, Always worys me when my own alderley rellies read it. I tell them it s a work of fiction.
Sound like you have conquered your ski demons - nothing wrong with a bit of GF skiing. I seem to do little else these days.
I think you'll find the Apres Alien have been visiting earth for decades
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@skiingwithdemons, I think the closest I got to the Apres Aliens was on a coach from Geneva to the EOSB a few years ago. I blamed Scarpa and (Mrs) Flangesax at the time but Apres Aliens could explain it. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@skiingwithdemons,

skiingwithdemons wrote:

Steady on. I started with R4 in 1991 when I was 25. They had a live war on.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
henzerani wrote:
@skiingwithdemons,

skiingwithdemons wrote:

I've listened since I was about 6!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hurtle wrote:
henzerani wrote:
@skiingwithdemons,

skiingwithdemons wrote:

Being pedantic, I don't think there was a radio 4 back then. wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
geepee wrote:
Hurtle wrote:
henzerani wrote:
@skiingwithdemons,

skiingwithdemons wrote:

Being pedantic, I don't think there was a radio 4 back then. wink

When I was 6 we listened to the Home Service on the Wireless Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@geepee, you youngsters! Of course there was Radio 4. I shall be very offended if you suggest it was called the Home Service.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@henzerani, Thanks for calling me a youngster, but logic tells me there couldn't have been a Radio 4 before Radio 1 came into being. Toofy Grin Hilversum and Third anyone? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wikipedia says Radio 4's first air date was 30 Sep 1967 (before I was born). Prior to that it was the Home Service.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Zero_G, Unfortunately I didn't need to look that up. Embarassed I was an early listener to Radio 1 before you were born. Before that Terry Wogan was a stalwart of the Light programme. wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Radio_4
latest report
Whoops @Zero_G, beat me to it.
@geepee, maybe you are just starting to forget things. wink
snow conditions
@henzerani, What have I forgotten? Puzzled
latest report
It's all completely clear to me that I lived through the transition of the BBC into the modern age. Toofy Grin
snow report
Yeah, OK, it was called the Home Service then. But whatever it was called, it was there that The Goon Show, Hancock's Half Hour, Journey into Space, Round the Horne and The Navy Lark were to be found. Magic. Plus, of course The Archers (sorry Embarassed )
ski holidays
@Hurtle, I'm sorry I'll read that again was a favourite of mine but I only discovered it later after listening to recordings. I believe it led to I'm sorry I haven't a clue.
snow conditions
OK maybe we need a different rubicon to define midlife - listening to Radio 4 turn out to be too controversial.

You're in your midlife if you find yourself :
1. taking up boarding after 30 years of skiing?
1. never listening to new music/bands?
2. taking a cushion to the cricket?
3. re-buying your albums on iTunes
4. wearing underpants that your 1st wife bought you ?
5. finding your IFA interesting?
6. resenting your kids?
7. correcting other people's English?
8. writing a book?
9. wearing lycra on a bike?

And generally trying to define midlife.
Twisted Evil
latest report
@skiingwithdemons, ordered via Peru. Very Happy
snow conditions
@northantsred, Peru? My 1st South American sale Happy Thanks.
snow conditions
@skiingwithdemons, Ordered a copy last week and it arrived yesterday so I'll be getting stuck into it this weekend on my way to Tignes.
latest report
@Doradelite, Thanks for investing. Hope you enjoy.

There are 2 chapters based in Tignes.
Not sure I'll ski there again any time soon as the SCGB have moved their training to Zermatt,
- unsurprisingly given the hostilities with the ESF.

Sorry for the delay, I have replenished my stocks in the UK now. Twisted Evil
snow report
Didn't know there was anything on Tignes in the book, that should make it interesting as I've never been to Tignes before. I'll see how it compares!
snow conditions
@skiingwithdemons,
Quote:

@northantsred, Peru? My 1st South American sale Happy Thanks.

Peru was a poor pun with blind ref to Amazon!
snow conditions
Roland Stieger finally gets hold of a good book - but not happy to find he is in it!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@skiingwithdemons, just finished your book on way back from Obertauern (after starting it in Les Arcs earlier this year wanted to save the rest for next trip). We didn't get abducted by the Apres Aliens more knobbled by the Obstler Monster!
Thoroughly enjoyed it. Made me laugh out loud in parts and enjoyed your honesty. Thanks!!! Twisted Evil from a TE Charlie.
snow report
@bethc, ( a.k.a TE Charlie) not sure where Obertauern is (Austria?) but sounds like it's inhabited with similarly dangerous beasts.
- Glad you enjoyed, and thanks for the feedback.
ski holidays
@skiingwithdemons, read your book on the way to/from Val d'Isere, and it resulted in several hearty chuckles. Superbly observed and I agreed with every point you made about who not to ski/stay with!!

I can confirm I was well and truly abducted by the apres aliens last week Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Pleased you enjoyed @HoneyBunny. The Apres Aliens are operating all over the Alps this season, although mostly leaving me along in Morzine. New chalet is too far out to walk and the drive is too dangerous for even the most committed drunken driver to attempt.
latest report
Completed as I left Tignes on Saturday - very entertaining. I'm acquainted with one or two of the characters and somehow feel I have encountered most of the rest along the way. A few factual errors were a little distracting, but I had to put my pedant sole to one side. I just need to persuade Mrs SL to drop the trashy novels and read it.
snow conditions
@skiingwithdemons, the weird thing is, I feel like I know you now!! Can't wait for the sequel.
snow report
@HoneyBunny,
Quote:

I feel like I know you now!

People say that a lot. One unexpected, but could have been predicted side effect, has been relative strangers now converse with an intimacy that can be unnerving.
- Least I don't get asked the ground-hog questions anymore.

@Ski lots, Thanks, please SWD entertained. Sorry about the factual errors, let me know and I'll try and fix them in the reprint. I know some things got over simplified for clarity/entertainment and I'm quite often simply misinformed/wrong about stuff. Maybe I should have got a Morzine person or at least a skier to proof - what you doing this summer ? Twisted Evil
latest report
Quote:

I had to put my pedant sole to one side.

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
@skiingwithdemons, I can't remember all the details as I left the book in Tignes, but from memory - confusion between free skiing and free riding; as far as I know there is no such thing as a Grand Slalom; you do not have to be within so many percentage points of a national champion to pass the euro test - I fancy even I might stand a chance of beating Vanessa May; very little of the skiing in Tignes is above 3000m. Have you really seen people put their poles in the air and shout "claimed it"? I would have thought that would simply be a prompt for derision in Europe.

@hurtle - it was supposed to be a pun, albeit audible. I have one foot in a 9-5, which requires a certain amount of pedantry and another in the mountains. Unfortunately they have a habit of getting confused.
ski holidays
@Ski lots, thanks, I stand corrected.
ski holidays
@Ski lots, thanks, I stand corrected.
ski holidays
Given the book as a present by my sister at Sunday lunchtime, finished it Tuesday evening (having popped in for a bit of work on Mon & Tues).
Loved it (well, most of it!)

A season as a 22 year old.
Then the usual: job, lovely wife (which I'm clinging onto), kids....
Now a 47 year old bloke with over 40 weeks under the skis.

Have been forming very early stages of a plan to return for a season (or more), when the kids go - maybe this is the final bit of inspiration I need, let's see

Thanks
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy