Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with Demons, empathetically, vicariously, anyway.

Poster: A snowHead
Read the book after seeing this thread really enjoyed it as well, looking forward to a sequel to see how things turned out for you.

Can anyone recommended any other good ski books?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chalet girl rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@skiingwithdemons, husband got bought this for Christmas - now I've thoroughly enjoyed it, I might let him have it wink Thank you!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought this after seeing it on Facebook. As an ex chalet host and current ski bum (La Plagne), I'm flipping loving it!! Will be recommending it to my friends (skiers and non skiers alike - its funny Smile )

Even though I'm only halfway through, I can't wait for the next book! Smile Brilliant
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skiingwithdemons, great book. Thanks. I've had that feeling of missing you for the past few weeks. Always a sign of a good book.

You need to get on with the next one. I might need to ski vicariously through you for the next few years if the threats of evil doings for taking my child out of school come to pass.

***That should have read "You need to get on with the next one ... please"
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks @Vintageryan, Season 6 is underway in a new chalet (Chalet Framboise) and is producing lots of stress - I mean good material for SWD2.
I can only really let you know "how life turned out" when I'm dead.

@michaelbury17, Chalet Girl - a good book!? "hmm" - read http://skiingwithdemons.com/2015/11/28/not-all-chalet-girls-are-on-a-gap-yah-er/

You're welcome @always29. You see folks, SWD is not just for blokes despite being tagged as "sexist" - hope hubby enjoys too.

@chaletgirl, "you've been-there girl" I wrote the book for all who have endured domestic servitude for that all-important season pass.
- trying to market SWD to no-skiers is hard ( the title doesn't help). But I have a mainstream publisher almost on the hook.

@henzerani
Quote:

I've had that feeling of missing you for the past few weeks. Always a sign of a good book.
- a compliment indeed. I'm always here if you want to talk. Twisted Evil

I've started SWD2 but will need most of the summer to finish it. I'm thinking of hiring a Bothy in Scotland to avoid distractions.
- but then I found out it had no power to plug my laptop into - "Doh".
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Finally - SWD shirt available with the slogan most voted for by SnowHeads

Go to : http://skiingwithdemons.com/shop/ to order
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Read the book after seeing it on here. Finished it this morning, only having started it on Thursday - a good sign that I enjoyed it (despite it being somewhat vegetarianist). I may have laughed out loud in public a few times too Embarassed
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the feedback @Tubaski. Glad you enjoyed SWD and apologies for the japes at vegetarianism - but it sound's like you can take a joke.
(unlike a certain editor at the Telegraph).

The problem with writing a memoir, I discover, is that I've unavoidably been tagged with a lot of ‘ists’:
sexist, narcissist, fascist, jingoist, ageist, fantasist, hedonist, anthropomorphist, alienist and now vegiterianist.

I suspect I'm guilty as charged. But at least I've sprinkled my prejudice evenly.

PS. some of my best friends are herbivores Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@skiingwithdemons, you forgot "p'ist" Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just ordered a copy from your website. Was tempted to Kindle but some things are best when real, j
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sequoiaboard, you are right. I don't keep many books these days but this one will definitely stay on the shelf and may possibly get read again.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Finally - SWD shirt available with the slogan most voted for by SnowHeads
Go to : http://skiingwithdemons.com/shop/ to order

Ordered Toofy Grin Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers @Dr Rock, - remember to wear it around Birmingham. Catch-up in Brum when I return to UK.
@henzerani, @sequoiaboard, I appauld - real books are best, not least because they have a very long battery life.

@ansta1,
Quote:

you forgot "p'ist"
- I'm more of an abstain-ist these days.
Twisted Evil
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@skiingwithdemons,

Thanks, it arrived today.
snow report
Ordered mine yesterday, ready for my holiday at the end of the month. Very Happy
latest report
@Sowler, it's in the post. Brown paper package.
snow report
A big THANKS to Snowheads - just sold the 1,000 copy of SWD.Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Read how a dyslexic skiers became a best-selling author in my latest blog:
http://skiingwithdemons.com/2016/02/11/best-selling-skiing-book/

snow report
@skiingwithdemons, well done, but quit with the self gratification and get swd2
snow conditions
@skiingwithdemons, congratulations. I just read your book on Kindle, while I was away skiing, and much enjoyed it. I admire your honesty!
ski holidays
Hang On! There was "salacious content" and you removed it? Shocked When do we get to see SWD The Director's Cut? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@skiingwithdemons,

Thoroughly enjoyed it, now in the hands of elder daughter. Thanks.
snow conditions
Oh, and love the expression 'Don't go all ostrich on me' Laughing
ski holidays
@skiingwithdemons, read your book whilst away in the Dolomites, loved it & as a land rover owner it was even better Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I've just read it on Kindle and really enjoyed it. I can relate to much of it.
snow report
@Hurtle, Thanks. Glad you enjoyed. I'd like to ski the Dolomites - well anywhere other than the PDS for a change. But then it's all snow and pine trees.

Landie has been behaving badly this season and I was almost tempted to sell her - but "in sickness and in health" well stick together. New chalet this year which has an appallingly difficult (and life threatening) drive to for her to negotiate, still got her snow chains on - purely to get up the drive.

@Tubaski, SWD started as a cathartic process, but then I panicked and took out the naughty bits.
The original draft has been destroyed as part of my divorce agreement Twisted Evil

@sequoiaboard, Cheers. Not sure SWD will appeal to young folks. Not enough midlife empathy. Unless of course your daughter can see you in the book? OR maybe she has "gone ostrich" on you when you were teaching her to ski?

@geepee, thanks. Always good to know other people have similar ski demons.

Apres Aliens have been rather active this season and SWD2 seems to be writing itself. Twisted Evil

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 21-02-16 14:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Hi, Skiingwithdemons. Having seen this thread, I had a read at the first two sample chapters on your website.

As I have a habit of doing when reading books, I started to visualise you as I read. I picked up on the early clues, Birmingham, marketing, age reference, then more specifically Sutton Coldfield. So I applied your clues to a guy whose path crossed with mine about ten years ago and who fitted those criteria. I find a book more alive, if I have a 3D picture in my head of the protagonist.

Anyway, as I them observed the author name, I thought, "WAA! I know this guy, and he's the actual guy I was visualising!" What are the chances?

(You cherry-picked the name and online identity of a network group I was involved with). Anyway, good luck with it.
ski holidays
@aljay, tall/dark/handsome - yes that was me.

I used to work for WAA, before I became a ski-bum. Not sure many of my colleges have read SWD. Certainly not been send any writs. I'm not especially kind to my former profession, although , all said tongue. Buy a copy and read more about life post advertising agency. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@skiingwithdemons, the more I read this the more I'm in shock, first I see you live in Birmingham and then find out your office was in Sutton Coldfield, same place in from, maybe I can follow in your footsteps to become skibum Very Happy Laughing
snow report
@KMW, Better read the entire book before following my footsteps Twisted Evil
ski holidays
@geepee, Glad you enjoyed. Which bits did you relate to.
Midlife crisis?
Struggling to learn?
Apres Aliens?
Girlfriend Skiing?
Ski Demons ?
latest report
I've just bought it, looking forward to reading it Very Happy
ski holidays
@skiingwithdemons, Nothing specifically. I picked up skiing relatively quickly but I've probably gone past the midlife crisis. I just recognised some of the situations and I thought the way you managed to put it across was very good.

I did, however, witness that avalanche in Tignes and your account bought it all back. Sad
snow report
Are you over here now? Do you have copies with you? @skiingwithdemons,
latest report
@Nadenoodlee, I'm currently in the UK (avoiding 1/2 term weeks) but return to France on Sat.

lots of copies in Morzine , but I'm currently waiting for a batch to be delivered to my UK distributer ( a.k.a Dr Debs).
- should be early this week.
Twisted Evil
snow report
fab- shall I buy online or are they stocked somewhere?
ski holidays
Quote:

fab- shall I buy online or are they stocked somewhere?
+1 ?
snow report
I just finished the book, having started reading it en-route to La Plagne, sporadically at Ste Foy, during the drive home, and finally having time to finish it this weekend!

My elderly Aunt who read it before accompanying us again on this year ski trip says she has learnt a lot about ski holidays she did not know Laughing I`m not sure weather that`s a good thing or a bad thing!

I could relate to much of the book and realised I fall clearly into the girlfriend (skiwise) category (and occasionally wife category) except I am happy to pootle around on my own so long as I have an easy base (with pool/hot tub and wine) to work from, and I love to cook meals for everyone, so long as I don`t have to clear up! I have long ago reconciled myself to never conquering my ski demons and have reached an age where I do not even feel the need to acknowledge them any more. I can just relax and enjoy the scenery whilst vicariously enjoying the tales my sons tell of their days on and off piste! And of course reading a good book!

Love the idea of apres aliens, though of course I have never encountered any personally Laughing Somehow I think I may have encountered their relatives elsewhere in the past though! Laughing

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 21-02-16 19:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Read the book on my kindle. Enjoyed it. I always respect (and envy) those willing to take the risk and follow their dream. No kids helps though... When does mid-life start nowadays exactly? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Nadenoodlee, @Swissie, If you're in a rush (about to go skiing) buy from Amazon.co.uk - just search Amazon for "skiing"

Or if you want a signed copy and are happy to wait a week order on from http://skiingwithdemons.com/buy
Thanks in advance.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy