Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with Demons, empathetically, vicariously, anyway.

Poster: A snowHead
@Dr Rock, appreciate your enthusiasm.

Now I come to think of it, there are more reported alien abduction in the US (per capita) than any other country in the world.
Perhaps I need a special US title for the book - "Alien Abduction in the Alps - a real life story".

My plea for US market research is working already.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Or how about - "Alpine Alien Abduction - a real life story"?
Triple A rating Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dr Rock, you're good at this, you must work in Marketing?
Quote:

Or how about - "Alpine Alien Abduction - a real life story" triple A rating?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

@Dr Rock, you're good at this, you must work in Marketing?

Oi! Careful now....no I most certainly do not work in Marketing NehNeh
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dr Rock, my apologies. Glad to hear it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As a big fan of morzine I thought I should buy the book..!

Looking forward to a good read Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks @p20pjd - you'll recognise a few of the places/bars!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ordered via website and requested a signed copy if poss!

Will hopefully be the ideal thing to read before hitting Morzine/Avoriaz in less than three weeks Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Heading to Morzine ,/Les prodains this year so thought this was a good read to get me in the mood - wasn't wrong. Ordered for kindle so had to use Amazon - hope you get a reasonable cut from it
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Finished the book a couple of days ago - my one criticism would be that is isn't long enough, I want more stories Smile When's the next edition?! A very enjoyable and honest read, great job!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@skiingwithdemons, bloody hell - what a fantastic post!

Guess the response has blown you away with the enthusiasm you have received - isn't this what we all want to do though but haven’t got the balls?

First Xmas present in the bag for ‘her in doors’ danger is though she may think I am dropping hints!!

It would be fabulous if you could sign it Chris & incorporate the following text "Our time will come" [last Xmas she bought me a ski ing related mug with this inscription...] her name is Joanne Bury.

Bought direct from your site so you get all the dosh…

Have a great season in Morzine, we were there around 2009/10 stayed on the hill in the Crystal hotel Le Viking [remember the kids in the in/out pool whilst we were in the bar above watching them.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Roger C, copy signed and sent - thanks for your support, hope it lives up to the expectations!

@Mister T, Thanks again for buying/reading. How about a review on Kindle Store Happy.
Kindle version works for me. Amazon give me 50% of the dosh and I don't have to lick envelopes, better still you can't pass it round the family like one Amazon reviewer who passed it onto her son, not sure he should have given it to his gran though, after reading it. She ended up booking a week in my chalet:? See you in Zine maybe.

@fixx - Thanks , warms my heart. I am planning a sequel, now I'm mostly sober, I can recall a few worthy incidents I forgot to mention. Although the long suffering Dr Debbie doesn't know about it. I'm writing it in secret - in the toilet.

@michaelbury17, yes - blown away that my wittering seem to be entertaining people. Everyone's got one book in them, give it a go.
ps. I did sign yours to Jo , but didn't read your post before mailing, so generic message - you can always buy another one Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@skiingwithdemons, Just got hooked in by your comment on the other thread about GF skiing and ended up reading the sample chapters - you're about to get another sale from your site!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So did i miss the post or can you advise how best to get a hardcopy in USA.
Promise to read it fast then pass it on over my xmas trip out west.
Will let you know if maybe an explanatory addendum for US is necc. I suspect not.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ordered on a Friday night, it arrived (signed) on the Monday, I'd finished reading it by the following Monday. Very amusing read, there are a lot of truths in there.
There must be thousands of us who have the dream but would never be brave enough to go for it, I really enjoyed reading your experience, almost as good as going skiing myself. Trouble is I thought I wasn't going to get a skiing holiday in this season, but now I'm going to have to try as it has got me all obsessed again.
Great to hear you have dealt with the alcohol issue - I was seriously worrying for your health at the start of the book.
latest report
Brilliant craic, just buy it!
snow report
Hi @essex, you can get a hardcopy from amazon.COM (as appose to amazon.CO.UK) only $10 + P&P
- trying to break into the USA/CA - where I believe skiing is popular Happy - hence the low price.

I'm hoping plenty or yanks have been/thinking-off-going to the Alps and that, despite a few UK nuances, the book will entertain.
Please - let me know which bits don't work and I'll write a blog or something to help.

AND if you enjoy it, please please leave a review on amazon.COM.
AND if you REALLY enjoy - post a recommendation on http://www.epicski.com/f/ - think more Americans are on that, then snowHeads.

OH - and thanks for buying/reading( I'm assuming you live in the US of A?)

Cheers

Twisted Evil
latest report
@cavegirl99, glad you enjoyed. I tried to get the balance of my personal story (the narrative) with a few skiing anecdotes and human observations. Not sure brave is the word - deluded, selfish (in respect to my now ex wife) and obsessional.

Sounds like you NEED to get on the planks this year - ever been to Morzine ? I know a good chalet Happy. discount for snowHeads too.

I still drink by the way - just in more appropriate quantities at more appropriate times and never when I'm cooking.

Twisted Evil
ski holidays
@robauxgets, think Craig has already bought it. If not, don't lend him yours Very Happy
Ta - for plug and glad you like it - amazon review? Twisted Evil
latest report
@skiingwithdemons, great, will get a copy ordered today and start spreading the word. Am a long time expat in USA but still like my annual fix of the Alps (mostly with this bunch in recent years).
I see you have a Facebook presence too, that will be my first share, should generate a few xmas purchases.
Oh and thanks for reminding me about epicski, was trying to remember where that was.
snow report
@essex, what a star.
ski holidays
Ordered. Very Happy
ski holidays
Will review on Amazon for sure! Lots of snow these past few days?
ski holidays
@ansta1, cheers.
[@robauxgets, five stars I hope Happy , appreciate your time.
latest report
Possibly the best Amazon review of all time:

"I read a few pages every day during my morning dump (not the snow kind). I pissed myself every time. Well done Chris Tomlinson for a very entertaining book."

I too am moved. Twisted Evil
snow report
Quote:

I too am moved.

We know you spend a lot of time on the khazi, Chris... rolling eyes
ski holidays
Well that set the bar high
snow report
I would like to buy a kindle version, do I have to buy via Amazon?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dr Rock, SWD2 will have more "toilet humour" in it.

@essex, I know the reviewer - he bought 5 copies, hope he doesn't keep then all in his 'John' in case he runs our of paper.

@CaravanSkier, YES Kindle version only available from Amazon - haven't worked out how to sell it direct.
- it's FREE if you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited (which I guess means it not free). I get 0.0000001p per page read.
Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Just finished it. A good read. There is a typo on page 74 though...... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Joy Zipper, glad it was good. Unfortunately there are a few typos - dyslexics shouldn't really write books.
I did get some Spelling Nazi to do the proof reading, so it's their fault. I'd really appreciate a DM with the details.

Currently having a re-print done so getting them all fixed. This means yours is a 1st Edition and the typos make it more valuable. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@skiingwithdemons, Hi Chris. Just bought it and looking forward to it coming! Good luck with the sales.
ski holidays
@skiingwithdemons, thank you, I have just bought the kindle version and will be reading it on my ski holiday early next year Very Happy
ski holidays
@skiingwithdemons, Hi de hi mon ami. Can you bring us a copy when you come over please. Management is not doing her usual Amazon order, and I prefer to put the dosh in your pocket.
ski holidays
@DallyPaul, no probs, will have a LandRover full of them - the Bacon Run has become the Book Run. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
@CaravanSkier, @lynnecha, thank you both. Hopefully a sound investment. I have 400 hundred of them in my garage.
- Don't forget to read in public places and LOL a lot Twisted Evil
snow report
@skiingwithdemons, I have bought it this morning and sitting on my Kindle.
latest report
Ooh mind or you'll crack it!
latest report
@Pamski, ah - that was you - thanks. Sadly I can't sign the Kindle versions and add a personal witticism. But luckily @admin, seems to have done that for me. Enjoy. Sorry about the formatting, the lack of illustrations, diagrams and photos that Kindle doesn't support. The book implementation has an infinite battery life and is much safer to sit on. That old Egyptian technology (paper) - has always been more durable.
Twisted Evil
latest report
@admin, Smile Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy