Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boarding Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone recommend a good insurance company for snowboarding multi-trips that is not too ££££? Would like to ensure I am covered as well as my gear...... Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Most offer gear cover, but beware of the sliding scale of payout depending on the age of your gear, what damage it covers and also make sure you have the receipts from where you bought it stashed away.

More important perhaps is what kind of riding you're planning on doing - some won't cover off-piste stuff, some are cagey about park activity. Online quotes might be easy but you may have to wade through shedloads of documents to check the cover you need is actually there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In the mean-time, have a look at Columbus Direct, Dogtag and ERV Insurance for specific winter sports cover.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
piste mainly and a little off piste on the edges wink It is complicated all the small print so I am hoping someone has done the leg work already and can just point me in the right direction.....thanks I will check them out.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're with InsureAndGo at the moment, they offer pretty much generic wintersports cover but they are clear what the do and don't cover, and reasonably priced family cover.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
im with TGIC and have been for the past few years when Ive been snowboarding in the states and soon to be japan Cool

Ive claimed them in the past for damaged equipment and had no worries. They also cover off piste (needs to be 3 of you) and if needed, the cost for any emergency transport off the mountain if you get injured.

They used to also be the insurance supplier for Snowboard Club UK
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Always hard to recommend insurance as you don't really know what they are like until you need them.
Firstly check that you are already not covered by your bank, if you have a premier account you may well be.
As said above, check the small print that off piste is covered and what off piste is classed as. Sometimes riding between the pistes is classed as off piste.
Also, for the sake of a few pounds, don't scrimp on cover.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Richard_Sideways, get rid of those yobs. I had major issues with insure&go and lost a lot of money with them. I went with direct travel insurance and they've been brilliant over the years. Unfortunately they've been bought out by aig so don't know what's going to happen when this policy expires.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gainz, we're up for renewal shortly so will start shopping around - Do get 15% off with my SCUK membership through Direct too, so will have a look at them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Usually use BMC for skiing- and I believe they now include snowboarding for same price- used to be an extra cost.

They are quite good in terms of off piste etc.

Had to make a claim with them in March. I had to pay for my treatment and ambulance up front- they paid up immediately after they received the receipts.

Not sure how they would compare money wise to others as never really commpared
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
if none of your trips are very long, try snowcard. You can choose different levels of cover and different levels of "hazardous" activity. If you want good insurance for multiple trips and damage to gear (I've never bothered with that, just the medical stuff) you can expect it to be fairly expensive. I used snowcard a lot in the past and found them very good with several claims over the years, but they don't cover longer trips.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ski club of GB seems to cover off piste no guide so i have gone for that - its a world wide excl. USA in my case though so its a little bit pricy.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy