Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Instructor - Corvara - Feb Half Term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am looking for a ski instructor for my 9 year old daughter during Feb half term. Her preference is a female teacher.
Should i just use the ski school corvara, or has anyone got a personal recommendation?

Also possibly looking for a ski guide?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Spyglass, I'm also interested in this as we'll be there at the same time.

I'd also like to hear what levels the ski school classes go up to as there's very little on their website and they haven't replied to my email. I thought I'd wait until the slopes open before emailing again as there's plenty of time really.

I did find this guide based in Corvara http://www.altabadiaguides.com/eng/Home/home_49_357.html

I see you're going the DIY route and staying at the Col Alto. We'll be just across the road at the Hotel Table travelling with Inghams so It'll be good to compare notes afterwards to see how the experience compares.

Mike
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
what level of skiing lessons are you looking for? Is it for you or your kids?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry I dont have any personal recomendations as my wife used the ski school. They assigned her two separate female instructors for her private lessons. But I would recommend that you pre book especially if you want private instructors and not leave it till the day you arrive. My wife was extremely lucky to get private tuition at such short notice and that was in Mid March. For half term I would definately advise pre booking even for group lessons.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

what level of skiing lessons are you looking for? Is it for you or your kids?

I'd call myself a reasonable intermediate skier. Just starting to carve so probably at the level where most people stop taking group lessons but I do enjoy the company and always figure at this level the instructors take you to good slopes for your ability so it's a good way to explore a new area and ski with people of a similar level.

Last year (ie earlier this year) I skied with my 15 year old son and some friends in the mornings and we took some private lessons for 3 afternoons and did family ski the rest of the time. My son is the same kind of level as me but a more natural skier and less concerned about technique. He's the one who's normally waiting at the bottom of the slope with a 'what kept you' expression. My wife is a bit more of a cautious skier and will definitely do the group lessons.

I guess my thinking is that as we're not going with any friends this year it would be best if we all have lessons in the morning and then in the afternoon we can ski together / take a few private lessons / do the Sella Ronda / Hidden Valley. I was hoping the group lessons might have a high enough group that my son and I could join them, otherwise I'll probably have to book private lessons for us and that quickly adds up at 73 euros per hour for two people.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy