Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Space in a car Geneva/Tignes next week

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all - I'm going to Tignes next Thursday to Monday (19th - 23rd Nov), flying to Geneva - my first ski trip and I'm going to visit a friend. I'm hiring a car (can't find any transfers operating for non-silly money I guess it's pre-season so there aren't any shared ones scheduled).

I'll have space in the car if you're looking for transport, in return for help with navigating and a bit towards costs...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm driving those same dates to/from Tignes. Land at Geneva approx 21:00 Thurs 19, depart Geneva at 07:00 on Monday 23.
PM if that sounds useful.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @dreamer75, Welcome to the Forum!

Can you make sure you take lots of snow with you and leave plenty behind?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.

@DrLawn, there's plenty of snow up on the glacier, which is all that's open next week I think.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Slowboarder - I get in on the afternoon of the 19th at 3.45 I think and don't leave until the Monday evening, but what a shame that could have worked out! However if you want to show a newbie skier around let me know !

DrLawn - I will do my very best Very Happy And thank you for the welcome Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PS - haven't hired the car yet and never driven in Europe so any tips appreciated in terms of who to hire from (which will fit skis in)!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@dreamer75, have you tried Mountainsun? They do transfers from Geneva to Tignes Les Boisses and might have some spare seats in one of their vehicles.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dreamer75 wrote:
PS - haven't hired the car yet and never driven in Europe so any tips appreciated in terms of who to hire from (which will fit skis in)!

If you're on your own then you can probably fit skis in pretty much any car. Remember my old man getting a surfboard in a Peugeot 106 when I was a kid, just have to put the seats down.

As for company, they all seem the same to me. Just make sure to take photos (or even a video) all round the car when you pick it up and again when you drop it off. The last time I hired a car it was all beat to s***. They never tried to suggest that it was my fault or charge me for it, but it was nice to know that I had proof of what state the car was in when they gave it to me. Most important thing though is to remember that they drive on the wrong side of the road and you can't grab the handbrake with your left hand Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Pam W I had a look but looks like a holiday co and couldn't see xfers ?

Thanks Snoody - haha and yes I'll try to remember "righty tighty, lefty longy" - my only driving experience in the US and my colleague thought that was very funny!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@dreamer75, if you give Mountainsun a call, you never know - they do a lot of trips between Geneva airport and their Melezes Hotel in Tignes. Worth a try.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Pam! Ended up hiring a car, so if anybody wants a lift let me know! I'll be seeing a friend in Tignes but not all the time so if anybody wants a ski or a drink also let me know ! Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Im new here so hello to everyone from Athens. In case you dont know there is efficient train connction between Geneva Cornavin and Bourg with ok price. I will try it new monday probably. But i still havent figured how im getting to tignes from bourg cause Bus T15 runs from December. Any idea on that? Cheers
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
welcome to Snowheads, @diver. snowHead Someone more local will probably be along soon, but I think you will find there are a few buses around - I was in Tignes earlier this month and saw a few about the place. Or there are obviously taxis. But I suspect that if you look like a skier and not like a mad axe murderer you could hitch. I have picked up a few hitch-hikers, including ski instructors, on that road.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There is a bus but the timetable during the week sucks you practically lose one day of skiing, and the taxi prices are like going there from balkans by taxi so thanks but no. I just need to shave and hopefully someone will pick me up! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
good luck snowHead
snow report
pam w wrote:

@DrLawn, there's plenty of snow up on the glacier, which is all that's open next week I think.

If the snow falls forecast come to fruition then they'll get the Double M run back to Val Claret open asap and I wouldn't be surprised if they get the Tichot lift and even the Palafour lift in Le Lac up and running too by early next week. Tignes tend to open up a fair bit of the local area during November once the snow arrives with the exception of the runs down to Les Boises and Les Brevieres - the link to Val D'Isere then opens on the last weekend in November as long as there's enough snow cover.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy