Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski end caps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, new to the forum, hope this is the right place to post! My sons salomon x wing fury 140 skis have lost the black plastic toe cap front the front of the ski. I tried phoning salomon who were completely unhelpful! Google showed up nothing. I am stuck. Anyone any ideas. I just don't want him skiing around with bare metal at the toe of his ski!...a bit dangerous. Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ducktape!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Sogpim, Ski bartlett may have something that will work

example (not correct type, but give them a call)

http://www.skibartlett.com/ski-race-c6/race-skis-bindings-c20/slalom-skis-c75/fischer-sl-tip-protector-replacement-pair-2014-p3702
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, will take a look at that
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://sugru.com/about
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's the answer!!! Looks great stuff. Thanks
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
where's the danger Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
my skis have sharp bare metal all down the edges....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ski Bartlett have some great general purpose ones they can fit for you, in fact I am sure most decent ski shops will have them.

There is no increased danger. Skis are dangerous full stop. Personally I think the tips are the least dangerous area to the person using them. Even if you hit someone with a ski the injury would probably be very similar with or without caps.

Its the side edges that are dangerous google 'ski-ing knee cut open by edge' if you have the stomach. Basically its a bit like a sword, skis are quite blunt and don't do stabbing, but a cut using the full length that will do some damage.

The caps are there to protect the ski from wear and tear and are mainly designed for cap construction skis that sometimes frey in that location (lift queues etc) and will prolong the life of the ski, and not necessarily the skier Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy