Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites off piste March

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I've not been on here so much recently.
I organise 3 ski holidays per season for me and my friends, skiing off piste with guides. I have have two places to fill, skiing in the Dolomites (based outside Arabba) with our favourite guide Zeb Roche (Google him). Intended to be Group of 6, going out 11th March. Interested to hear from two (or one) good off piste skier(s) at SCGB Gold standard, able to ski any kind of snow fluently (including breakable crust if necessary) and not afraid of an occasional 45º slope. I can promise an exciting holiday. You will need touring skis but we don't do a lot of walking. I'll send details.
David
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ok I am interested with my son or brother or local mate
Have our own place in Alleghe could join others for a few days yes can do most things normally independent freeride img and tree skiing or with Francisco if you require bodies to make up guide numbers b very interested. Regards. Steve
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have our own place in Alleghe could join others for a few days yes can do most things normally independent freeride img and tree skiing or with Francisco if you require bodies to make up guide numbers b very interested. Regards. Steve
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Steve, I answered yesterday but it doesn't seem to have registered. Strange.
Sorry I didn't see your reply till yesterday, I am very busy trying to clear my mother's house after her death.

Anyway, you sound like just the sort of skier who would fit. I hope you come with us and a companion of similar standard who would share your room. If you came on your own we would put you with someone else and cancel the guide's single room. He is not local but knows the area well. A 6th person would reduce the price of the guide a little but the difference is not great. If you think he would like to come you could ask him (does he speak English?)
We fly out on the Friday 11th March evening and ski 2 days as a group, mostly off piste. Then 6 days with the guide, flying home on the Saturday evening. I have sent you the details in a message (see messages).
You say "a few days" does this mean not the full 8 days? Obviously we would prefer you came for the full holiday but we would consider a lesser time. I presume you would not be travelling with us (?)

Best wishes
David
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
An earlier trip to Arabba with Zeb (that's him filming snowhead Horizon).

latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Seems like you haven't been back, @Stevevarley. That's a shame.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowball wrote:
An earlier trip to Arabba with Zeb (that's him filming snowhead Horizon).

Where in arabba is that??!! Looks amazing!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@PaulC1984, I'm pretty sure that's one of the many couloirs on the Sella Massif; not sure which one. It's a shame that with the visibility issues we didn't get up there at all last season; hopefully that'll be rectified in 2016 and you'll be in for a treat. snowHead Aside from the photos in Francesco's book, it's worth seeking out @snowball's old trip report as well as another one from norris; lots of nice pics like the one above.

@snowball, would love to join you, but having just committed myself to a five week Italy/Japan trip in Jan/Feb, I think it's a bit optimistic...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@PaulC1984, try google Canale Holzer. Enjoy.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes, that's the Val Mesdi that the gully joins at the bottom. One of 3 couloirs from near the top of. I'm not sure if I ever knew the name.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh interesting, didn't know there were multiple options joining into mesdi.
I shall investigate Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You have to climb the peak just right of the start for most of those options. I'd have to look up the name - I just can't bring it to mind.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@PaulC1984, also do a search on val lasties - it kind of joins the bottom section of holzer and you can look back up it. Another good variation
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@essex, ooo hell yes Happy I'm game Happy
snow report
Yes we are good to go Paul ! just hope for some nice conditions now.
ski holidays
Defo. Has she said which days? Cost etc? Cant wait Happy
ski holidays
I'll check what days we have and msg you. She is as excited as we are to get back out there so that's cool.
Anyway i got to go get my kit together, Aspen womens WC next weekend to start my season Very Happy
latest report
Hi David
I am interested in this. Is it still open?
I was hoping to make last yrs trip to St Foy. I hope it went well. Being from Ireland I am not scgb rated but am experienced off piste. (La Grave /St Anton (couloirs etc)
snow report
Hi Kaisr, yes, it is open. I'll send details in a private message.
If that couloir above looks like your sort of thing and my description of skiing ability sounds OK then you would be welcome. More than anything else it is just that the guide needs to feel confident to take you the sort of place he takes us.
I hope there are still places on our flights.
Let me know if you are still interested after seeing prices. Remember this is 8 nights and 8 skiing days. Taking our favourite guide who knows the area well, rather than a local one means we have to pay for his hotel cost but the group like him enough.
latest report
Steve Varley: frustrating that you read my message but didn't get back to me. Clearly you didn't want the whole package, but are you interested to just drive up each day and ski with the guide for your share of the guide fee? If Kaisr takes a place there could potentially still be room for one more with the guide.
snow conditions
Hi Kaisr, not heard back from you (or Steve) This is very frustrating.
snow report
I am wondering why 2 people contacted and never got back to me. Very strange. Sad
snow report
Trying to bump this up still to catch the eye of one of you.
snow conditions
This is incredibly frustrating guys, why do you answer an ad and then not have the courtesy to look if there is an answer. It looks like I have to cancel a room
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy