Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 15/16

Poster: A snowHead
@HammondR, my visitors leaving Sunday so back in the game just in time for the dump Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi all, in Chamonix for a quick 3 days 14-17 feb. Really interested in doing Vallee Blanche (how cliche). From this thread it seems people have had good experiences with evolution 2 and I would look to join one of their 6 person groups. Just a quick question, dont want to make a decision on date until see what weathers like. Those of you who have used evolution 2 can I just book the day before in resort or does it have be done a way in advance.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Flandiddly, depends how busy they are... he types helpfully Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last day of a three day trip tomorrow...anyone got an opinion on how to cope with the "challenging" forecast. Current plan is the woods above plan joran, but that's just a guess. Wind is the biggest concern, even at 1500m caused real problems in courmayeur this afternoon
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@hollando, a friend asked me the same question. It's a dilemma, go low and its rain, go high and no trees to see by. Woods above plan Joran is a good call.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@hollando, depends what eventually opens.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
To keep the stoke high, here's me and my buddy having fun on the Passon a week ago.
http://youtube.com/v/Umbxb7cqVdk
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi @Flandiddly, as an example we arrived on Saturday 23/1 and got booked in for Tue 26/1 but as @Under a new name says I s'pose it depends on volumes..........😄
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Fergus, nice one Toofy Grin

not much stoke to be had today , three heavy laps under the chair at flegere was enough Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
At Le Tour this morning there was a lot of snow falling, unlike lower places which had rain - the snow line was at about 1200 meters when we started - but only one lift, Charamillion, open on the whole mountain all day. Others lifts were supposedly closed because of winds, more likely because of avalanche risk. We took it up and skied down the front face 3 or 4 times, and called it a day. It was raining on the mountain by the end of the day. They were preparing the chair lift up from Charamillion to run tomorrow.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Bisonater, thanks for info, think I will wait until couple if days before I go then check up coming weather conditions. Hopefully it will all work out ok. Wanted to be out in Cham longer, but wife insists I spend time with my kids over half term,how inconsiderate. She doesn't ski and they are a little young yet to start so I have to grab small snippets at the min. Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Flandiddly - s'pose snippets r better than no skiing at all. Hope things work out for ya........😃
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dabber, heavy... you can say that again Skullie

Went down to Megeve, looked like awesome fresh snow but so, so heavy. Took a digger early on (it's been a long time since I've taken a digger like that...) and after an hour or so of getting drenched, we called it a day. Very challenging, and snow line seemed to get higher on every lift we went on.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As above basically...went to Les houches. Did a couple of laps of some of the higher chairs. It turned from heavy snow to porridge/cement in about half an hour. Went to the MBC for a burger, which was way more fun
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fergus wrote:
To keep the stoke high, here's me and my buddy having fun on the Passon a week ago.
http://youtube.com/v/Umbxb7cqVdk

Love it 😜
snow conditions
@hollando, that about sums it up rolling eyes

whats the plan for tomorrow ???????
snow conditions
Dunny#1 wrote:
@DabberTook a digger early on (it's been a long time since I've taken a digger like that...)

You can say that again... really quite impressive!

Was an amazing run for a few hundred meters, then suddenly it was like someone had thrown the anchors overboard. Glad you went down first, otherwise it would probably have been me lying in a crumpled heap Toofy Grin
ski holidays
latest report
Dump alert said 80cm at top of GM (only 12cm at mid station) with Abu risk 4/5
snow conditions
@BobinCH, snow was mostly sun affected frozen breakable crust even off the top bin yesterday Sad with rain affected ice lower down , found a few good turn on some mellow N slopes in the afternoon of the top but real shame as there had been a good amount of snow . Good for the base though as things were getting a bit thin.
snow report
I'm now out here for the season. Doing an off-piste course with Alison Culshaw who is trying hard to correct all my bad habits. Excellent so far. Then after the weekend it's all go until mid April Toofy Grin snowHead
snow report
The conditions this morning up GM were really just great. A good big dump of fresh, no wind, and visibility was fine particularly early on. There was a decent queue for the top lift but the Herse chair and Bochard bubble were empty all morning. My first run was a completely untracked run from top to bottom under Herse and I'm struggling to think if I've ever had a better run than that.
latest report
@Steve77, Mr. Green

It was mainly bumps all last week Sad
latest report
I did a run down the Combe des Rachasses in beautiful deep powder. Little in the way of fresh tracks but the powder was so nice and soft it didn't really matter. d Laughing
ski holidays
Ooooh it's back on!!!!! GM skiing a dream. Laps of Herse, Lavencher and top-bin. Freshfreshfresh! Finished on a run of the Chapeau Couloir - Probably - the exit was hellish, borderline unskiable but the couloir was so, so worth it.

Snow is steadily falling at town level, tomorrow is going to be all time!
snow conditions
Couple hours at Brevent this PM, so decent. Freeride world tour on tomorrow too, watching available from Flegere. Still snowing out my window too Smile
ski holidays
tour to pont rond yesterday in almost perfect conditions Happy what a way to end two great weeks , back in march can't wait !!!!
latest report
@Fergus, looks epic! Good work snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another from the Chapeau:

Skied the Grands Envers on friday. Wasn't the best condition I've seen it in, but pretty damn good.

Yet again the warm temps over the weekend have trashed things at low elevations, but it's snowing again at town level.
latest report
Fergus wrote:
Another from the Chapeau:

Chapeau!

Ps Where's the chapeau couloir?
ski holidays

I might have bumped into you, did the VB from the Italian side Friday.
ski holidays
Haha, we had baguette and chocolate on that rock on the left.

BobinCH, it's skiers left off Lavancher bowl at GM.
snow report
Amazing snow on Flegere today if you could brave the visibility. Up top approx 80cms largely untracked and even managed most of the run back to village (got a bit hairy after the leftovers from big Avalanche a few weeks back under the gondola).

Had an unfortunate experience with Guide where we went all the way to Courmayer (original VB itinerary abandoned) which was largely closed this morning then came all the way back to Flegere. Two skiers and a boarder and guide didn't do much for boarder who ended up having to abandon the session. He then largely transferred to French which my buddy loved but I struggled with. Appreciate the efforts and attempts to find good snow but most disappointing experience with a guide in the mountains. All in all poorly planned and executed - and quite hard to take hearing experiences from others and on a potentially great day for powder hounding... Hoping for better tomorrow! (Won't name and shame the company but feel it's worth sharing nonetheless as a lot of money spent and several hours wasted chasing open lifts...)

Any recommendations for doing it alone tomorrow?
snow conditions
What was thinking behind trip to Cour with loads of fresh snow in Chamonix?
snow conditions
Perhaps he had made the mistake of following that tw@t on the wepowder website..!
snow conditions
@8611, no idea!? In fairness viability looked amazing there but was windy and no guarantee of lifts open. Waisted 50 EUR on tunnel and 2 hours of time we'd aid for. Such a bad experience. Anyway we live and learn - blue skies everything open and heaps of overnight snow - should be a great day!
ski holidays
@abbosphere, decision because of visibility & forecast wind on IT side?
snow report
maybe less half term clouds on a powder day too. Chamonix awful for the faff with lift closures, trekking over to Les Houches, oh they just opened GM, trek back, closed etc etc

Enjoy today those lucky enough to be out there
snow report
@8611, lift openings are well publicised on the CMB website.

You can't have high mountains and awesome descents without the downsides rolling eyes
ski holidays
ah no, the trade off is worth it for sure, that experience above was pre smartphone and certainly pre cheap roaming days.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy