Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pas de la Casa / Soldeu - Just back

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're just back from 6 days in Pas de la Casa/Soldeu. We got so much snow on our first day that the 4 hour transfer took over 9 hours.

Tons of the blinkin' stuff. I think about 30-40cm must have fallen, although I'm only basing that on the amount of snow piled on top of parked cars. Snow stopped for a few days, allowing us to really enjoy the conditions, and then closed in again on our last day. Total whiteout left us nursing a beer in the bar.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
magriggs, Bad luck on the last day but I hope it keeps on dumping for another 2 weeks. It's only allowed to snow at night from the 28th Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Michael B, when are you out there ?
we are from the 28th for a week
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
magriggs, I was out there at the same time, although we arrived at around midday on the 3rd and the roads had been pretty much been cleared so our transfer only took roughly 3 hours to Pas...Sorry.... wink

In Pas it looked more like 50cm+ had fallen in the day/days before we arrived. This combined with bright sunshine meant a fantastic days skiing on the 4th, fresh powder and bright sun what more can you ask for??? From Thursday onwards the conditions worsened, with grey skies and very flat light with high winds. It snowed fairly heavily on saturday 7th (about 10cms during the day), and although the light wasn't great it was actually quite warm (out if the wind) and certainly skiable (and fairly quiet). For early Jan the conditions weren't too bad, away from the strong winds it wasn't too cold and not too icy.

We stayed in Pas and only made it over to the soldeu side on our last day and to be honest we were quite disapointed. Most of the blacks through the trees above soldeu were closed and the lift/piste routes were confusing and frankly annoying. We seemed to spend most of the day pushing ourselves along flat / uphill blues to get between decent runs.

Despite all the fresh snow that has arrived in the last week, the whole area needs more snow, soldeu/ el tarter needing more than the Pas side. There were several patches with rocks/earth coming through, the peaks were very windblown and icy and despite being heavily tracked the off piste had several areas of barely concealed rocks.

All in all a good few days skiing with lots of chance to practice "skiing by feel" with the flat light meaning that it was hard to visually differentiate between hard pack and powder at times... The linking of the 2 areas of Pas and Soldeu has certainly been an improvement although the single chairlifts that serve the Grau Roig sector mean that they have become serious bottlenecks! Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob and sharon, 28th for a week too. Staying in Grizzly Apartments, (I hope it's a strange name rather than accurate desciption).
There looks like the possibility of a meet. I believe you are in Soldeu, is that correct?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Michael B, yep that's right snowHead
there are 8 of us and we are split between the Sport and Sport Village (gone with Crystals)
PM me and I'll send you some more info.
Meanwhile check out the media site for some photos etc form last year. BTW where are the Grizzlt appartments ?
As far as i know there aren't any bears in Soldeu but I think there are 2 wild huskies on th mountain. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mwareing, yup that sounds like the sort of report that I couldn't be bothered to post last night Smile

I don't like "skiing by feel" it "felt" very dangerous. You're right about the Soldeu side, although I suspect that its runs are a little more suited to our level of skiing than yours. I managed to make an back bottom of myself falling off a button lift (never done one before) and so walked up the slope instead.

As for Pas, the red at the top of the font Negre lift that leads back down is horribly busy at the start, and then boring by the time you've got through the crowds. Pala Nova on the other side is much more pleasant, but you've still got to get down there from the Negre lift...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob and sharon,
Hi to ye all,
I have been talking to Michael B, and arranging a wee meet for beers and slope time in Pas as myself and girlfriend are there that week too wink (although we arrive the sunday as flying from glasgow). It would be great to hook up with as many snowheads as poss to have a laugh and a beer. As I have said already to Michael B, I dont know where we are staying as it was an el cheepo first choice deal which was allocation on arrival but im sure it will all work out in the end!! Very Happy snowHead Madeye-Smiley
I will get in touch nearer the time or PM me with your details and we can all do the snowhead thang.

take it easy.
Razz
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
roastingdave, sounds promising Pm me nearer the time. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy