Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Myriad/ Lux - 167cm too short for 178 female?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to buy a pair of ski's this season. I've always preferred skis slightly short, 164cm etc. I really like the look of the Lux or Myriads, but am getting mixed advise on whether the 167cm (their longest!) is too short for me...

I'm 178cm tall, 74.5kg, advanced skiier, mainly on piste, would like to gain confidence off piste.

Any advice?! I don't want to buy mens skis Sad Had my heart set on the myriads or Lux...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where are you based? Ellis Brigham ski demo days are coming up soon so if you can get to a fridge you can try them out and decide yourself. While you're there you could also try some longer women's skis from other brands and see if you can feel the difference. Personally I don't think it's worth getting hung up about a couple of cms between what you reckon your ideal length is and the size the ski comes in.

Note the most replies on this subject on Snowheads will always tell you to go longer!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skis are skis, what does it matter if they're marketed as men's or women's? No one can see what colour they are when they're covered in snow. I have the opposite problem in that, particularly for piste skis, I'm stuck with the "women's" range in order to get them short enough!

But yes, a demo is the way forward, you might love or hate them, or find something you prefer. I have demoed loads of skis, and any pre-demo ideas I had generally went out of the window once I got on the snow.

For info, my fat skis, when I finally sort out getting them, will be about 8cm taller than me Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They do sound a bit short for a good skier. As to not wanting to get "men's" skis..I wouldn't get hung up on that at all. There will most likely be a men's equivalent of the skis you are looking at; have you thought about those?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy