Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Large Group Holiday to....Austria!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
St Anton.

Most of Austria is usually grass skiing by Easter.

Or switch to Verbier in Switzerland.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Whitegold, welcome back Toofy Grin

April the 1st - 1700m down to 850... not a blade in sight!

I have to post this because some people may actually believe stuff that he writes! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151566981857534.1073741825.8488257533&type=1&l=20bf23bfda[/url]
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
4 of our last 5 Easter holidays have been to Austria, one of which was at @flangesax's place. So I can verify this evidence. Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Most of Austria is usually grass skiing by Easter.

If that were so, why do the resorts find it viable to stay open until after Easter? These days Easter is more reliable than Christmas, at least in resorts that have invested heavily in extensive snow-making, and the lift companies usually have no trouble keeping everything going until after Easter. You can look at historical snow depths on www.skiclub.co.uk and https://www.sno.co.uk/ski/austria/saalbach/snow-history/ for verification that snow reliability at both extremities of the ski season is much improved.

Here in Saalbach we usually stay until early April, and I can't remember a year when most of the pistes, even on the south-facing slopes, were not snow-covered until Easter. Whilst spring skiing with freeze/thaw conditions tends to be the norm, it's not uncommon to get a cold snap and fresh snowfalls in April.

In the 2011/12 season we hosted some friends with school-age children at Easter - it was their first visit to Saalbach, and we had loads of fresh snow - they bought an apartment here a few months later. In the 2012/13 season the first week of April was arguably the best week of the whole season - fresh snow and empty pistes. In the 2013/14 season, Easter was very late (third week of April), and, although we'd left by then, I heard that we'd had fresh powder. As for last season, we had to leave for a family wedding at the end of March, but I'd be surprised to hear that it was "grass-skiing" at Easter! This year Easter is in late March, so I'm sure that even the most extreme pessimist would not predict grass-skiing!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Tatman's Tours, trip, trap, trip, trap!

Don't rise to @Whitegold!... The world is always a better place if you don't! Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@flangesax, I didn't realise that he's a troll, but it's best to correct disinformation all the same.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy