Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lessons or not?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hmmm !
Wasn't working
MacBook-Pro:~ martinm$ ping insideoutskiing.com
ping: cannot resolve insideoutskiing.com: Unknown host

now is!
MacBook-Pro:~ martinm$ ping insideoutskiing.com
PING insideoutskiing.com (108.175.157.60): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 108.175.157.60: icmp_seq=0 ttl=56 time=28.453 ms

DNS is what converts your URL (insideoutskiing.com) to an ip address that the internet uses. A bit like 'mums house' converting to 3 Acacia Avenue, SW1 3BB Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@martinm, thanks, glad we're back! We recently changed hosting company for our website and e-commerce shop and everything seems to have been OK since then, but will keep an eye on that. I think I know how to use Ping in Terminal.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@martinm, Link works fine for me with or without the 'www'.

@rob@rar, Simple explanation of DNS:

Things are routed around the web by IP address so when you type the URL it is looked up on a DNS server to determine the IP address to go to. If the DNS lookup fails then the site appears to not exist. Such failures can occur when there is a problem on the requester's local connection and the lookup fails for connection reasons rather than 'not in the DNS database'. Hope that helps.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Right, 2x 2.5hrs private lessons booked with Reflex. Afternoons of day 2 and 4 Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy